OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Full Outlook Contact Access From Email

I want to be able to access a full contact record in Outlook from an open Outlook email like you could before Outlook 2013. Ideally I could click on a persons name in an email and a full contact record would open. Instead, starting in Outlook 2013 and in Office 365, a small contact card without full contact management features opens. Some may want it to work the new way, but some may want it to work the old way so there should be a setting on what happens when you click on an email address on the to: or cc: line of an email you have open.

450 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Duke Bond shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is utterly ridiculous. Outlook *is* supposed to be, among other things, an email client, no? Then let us see the email addresses, as they were specified by the sender. Just hide some obscure setting somewhere, "Always show actual email addresses next to our dumbed-down-UI contact names"

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please I want to see the full email address. E.g. so I can see from which company an email is coming. This will help me prioritizing which of e.g. 50 emails I want to open first.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wenigstens mit drei Mausklicks sollte man an diese Information kommen, um schnell gefährliche Spammails identifizieren zu können.

Bei anderen Email-Client-Programmen geht das doch auch!

I definitely agree with Duke Bond. Outlook as it stands now does not deliver the capability it used to. Also Outlook and MS edge are combating each other by duplicating data then miss matching or changing the location. This makes operation very difficult to find where the contact information is located and use it. This is a bad situation.

• Christina Böer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hallo Microsoft: AUFWACHEN

Es wäre für Entwickler ein kleiner Aufwand, diese Funktion einzurichten.

Warum macht Ihr das nicht endlich???
    Es ist zum Ko....

• Simon Conway-Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In previous versions of Outlook, you could select and copy a phone number from a Contact record without needing to open the record. This was very useful, but has disappeared, so having to now open the record which is another time waster.

I need to correct my name and it will not let me doesn't even show me where I can correct it

• Jeff Bennion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's totally confusing the smaller, lightweight contact management versus the contacts folder in outlook. Some stuff shows up in one and not the other, and I don't understand that. and it takes lots of clicks to get to a phone number in the lightweight one. Where is this information coming from, and why doesn't ALL of the information from the outlook contacts populate here?

• Bartel Onzea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show full smtp e-mail address, not display name or alias.
    You cannot make distinction between company or private e-mail address based on display name or alias

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like having quick easy access to the "Full Contact Editing" window whenever and where ever I click on a contact's name or email address. I have tried all kinds of registry hacks to make this happen, but all fall short of producing single or double click access to the "Full Contact Editor" for example if I click on an email recipient's name. The closet the registry hacks get me is to the GAL dialog box which is definitely not the "Full Contact Editor" window. If I want to change things like "category" for a contact I need the "Full Contact Editor" window. I am not a fan of the new Contact Card.....

• Roger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reduce the number of steps/mouse movements-clicks to open an Outlook contact from the Favorites list and the search people box in Calendar, Tasks and Mail

I definitely agree with the above statement. Outlook has great business use potential. The new and improved has definitely decrease the value of the program. Please bring back the contact history function. Thank You

• Karsten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

all mail progs on the world can show the senders mail adress. Only the f...ing outlook are not able, why?

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes totally agree. Much too difficult with contacts now and the word contacts seems more appropriate too.

Yes, stop hiding data. All smpt emil addresses should be shown, or available with a single click.

← Previous 1

Outlook 2016 for Windows: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base