OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide a button to enable or disable Focused Inbox in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a button to enable or disable Focused Inbox in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

134 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Note from the Outlook Team: There is support for turning on or off Focused Inbox from within Outlook 2016. In the View Tab, click “Show Focused Inbox” to toggle Focused Inbox on or off. These details, plus more for other Outlook endpoints can be found on our blog post here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/turn-off-focused-inbox-f714d94d-9e63-4217-9ccb-6cb2986aa1b2

Note: If the button is present, but grayed out, it means Outlook could not connect to the service. Checking your network connection and rebooting the app should clear this up.

98 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joni Bell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like your dividing email in "Focused" and "Other". It's already divided into "Junk" and "Other". Now I have one more place I have to look. That was not an improvement. Do not change what isn't broken just for the sake of change.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook
    Please remove focused and other in outlook. hopeless capability.
    At least dont put it there automatically
    And at least set it up with no rules. Nobody at MSFT knows how I work and what i want in my 'other'

Followed instructions to turn off focused inbox and the option to turn off within outlook is not there. I have already been very unfocused trying to get rid of it.

• Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whose fractured idea was this "focused box" update. The "focused" only includes mail I do NOT want to see. The button in the "help" does not exist in the latest version. Please get rid of "focused" or allow us to turn it off (or remove it) If this does not happen soon I will be dropping my subscription to office.

do away with the focused and other can not read all my E-Mails at once. what you have is junk. not that you will listen

GET RID OF FOCUSED OR PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET RID OF THAT **** ******* UP MY INBOX NOW !!!
    YOUR SERVICE IS NOW UNUSABLE EVEN PAID!!!

• Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't move to two inboxes. Microsoft should not be deciding where all messages go. Clutter was easy enough to move things out and easy to move there. Annoying but still easy. 2 parts of the inbox is just inefficient and more work. Leave it alone or at least leave us the option to disable "Focused" and use clutter instead. Give us options, not force new options.

• JohnRaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please eliminate focused view, or at least do not make it a default, and please make it easier to find the off switch.

This is TRULY RIDICULOUS My business voice messages no longer show up in my Inbox. I have to now remember to switch between "Inbox" and "Other" in order to see them.

I'm also missing other random important messages in my main Inbox.

Give us the OPTION Microsoft and stop FORCING these "new ways of doing things" on the masses!

This is TRULY **RIDICULOUS**!! My business voice messages no longer show up in my Inbox. I have to now remember to switch between "Inbox" and "Other" in order to see them.

I'm also missing other random important messages in my main Inbox.

Give us the OPTION Microsoft and stop FORCING these "new ways of doing things" on the masses!!!

Get rid of focused inbox! And, stop automatically turning it back on!!! I want the Clutter folder because it worked much better.

• Dolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove this or allow users to disable it. I get numbers next to my inbox but cannot see emails in reading area - it is just annoying to switch between them, feels like another useless option implemented by default.

• Richard Gartland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have recently updated and now have been forced to accept the focused/other inbox which I really do not like. When I try to disable the switch is not there anymore and when I manually add it to the taskbar/ribbon it stays grey and wont toggle. Kindly allow us to not be forced to accept this.

1 2 3 5 Next →

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base