Outlook calendar: set work hours for individual weekdays.
Work hours start time & end time should be adjustable for the different weekdays not only the week as a whole.
(Monday 8-16, Tuesday 9-17, Wednesday 10.30-16.50 etc.)
I am a public service employee with flexible work arrangements, and not being able to display my working hours each day of the week individually is frustrating for me and my clients. PLEASE add this functionality!!!
I am a part-time staff member providing high level administrative support. A large portion of other employees working for the organization (over 100,000 employees) work part time or have varying hours each work day.
The persons I provide administrative support to, and others needing to reach out to me to request meetings need to be able to see what my daily availability is; I do not have the same working hours each week day.
I would like to see Outlook Calendar include/offer the option of setting different work hours for each work day. It would add significant value to the software offerings.
Working hours needs a few different cases.
General (default setting for all days).
* specifying this in the location it is at is fine, However a secondary access point to updating this might be better since this feature is hidden. Maybe add it as a top level item in the toolbar.
*There is one issue with the current implementation. It does not take into account of flexible schedules for example you cannot have a split schedule. What if my work hours are 5-9am and also 4:30-9:30pm for each day? This is a more common case now that many are working from home.
Also schedules may change weekly and daily. Providing overrides for those cases could he handled this way:
* In the work week calendar view it would be great to have a button to edit the work weeks work hours and override the default General schedule of work hours
* would place this next to the display of the Work week maybe just after the title of the work week so as to not confuse it with the week navigation buttons
* Next to each weekday title in the Work Week view have a button that provides a flyout where you can add to an additive table a list of start and end times for working.
* Adding a button for daily I would think it would make the most sense in the day of the week header. Likely right aligned to be more out of the way and not cause confusion.
* Though this might be handy it might be too granular and maybe handled at the daily level better as a Cortana feature reading and understanding your automatic reply message.
John Randall commented
I have colleagues who work 9/80 and 4/10 schedules, plus some friends who work even more novel 12 hour per day schedules.
an advanced office hours schedule should account for these alternate schedules or allow for setting hours at a monthly level.
Just tried to set myself up to display a late start some days this week, found out it's not a capability of the system, and stumbled into this thread where apparently there are many more like me. I'm using an older version of Office (2013), but this for sure should be in newer versions if it is not already. I know our company is moving toward O365, and it would be very useful to have.
The ability to customize working hours as they can vary weekly and do not want people scheduling appointments when I should be off.
So has a solution been offered. I hear a lot of complaints but no solutions..
Please rectify this glaring omission ASAP. In the current Covid-19 crisis with people working unusual hours consider it as part of Microsofts contribution to the effort
Tom Phillips commented
Very frustrating. As a student I rearrange my work days to ensure I can meet study requirements. I need to ensure my calendar reflects this and having a reoccurring placeholder meeting often isn't ideal.
Technology should be agile and adjust as demand requires, this is clearly not happening.
Pieter-Bart van Splunter commented
I don't work on Wednesdays, and Outlook doesn't seem to work well with that. I'd like:
- to only accept daily meetings on the days I'm working (no reminder notifications on my days off, but receiving updates on the meeting for the days that I can attend)
- Ability to configure repeating out of office reply's (on my weekly day off)
- And basically all the features Outlook had for work week, but for the way I have my work week :-)
Jacob Orbach commented
Stay an extra hour on Tuesday and Thursday, and then leave early on Friday due to religious reason. I am SURE that there are more like me.
Please update Work Hours so we can edit by Day.
I saw a post in which one user requested for this feature back in 2011. Can't believe Microsoft hasn't been ears to it even with the passage of a decade!
It will be good to modify the work day for select days without changing the rest. This comes handy for international travel. Need more customization options for users.
I would also like to be able to create multiple blocks (or at least 2) on a single day to show my overseas colleagues what time in the evening they can schedule a meeting with me
Absolutely ridiculous that this is not already a thing. Why would you create a product in which you could deviate from a M-F work week but not adjust times per day? Who even workshops your ideas? Microsoft: good coding without intuitive applicable use.
Seriously, please get on this asap. Non-traditional office work hours have been normal for a least 3 years, if not more.
Henshaw, Michael commented
Asinine to think that everyone works 9-5 every day of the work week! Managers need employees to have their work-hours configurable to know when to schedule meets and such. Current method is utter useless.
Allow multiple working hours. My work hours are split, so I need to be able to set it from 1pm to 5pm and 10pm to 2am.
C'mon Microsoft - this shouldn't be difficult. I'm sure not everyone at Microsoft Towers works the same hours every day
Agreed, please add as a feature
Allow Outlook Calendar to set different working hour for different days of the week.