OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Bring back Advanced Find to Outlook Search Tools

Starting with July-August updates Advanced Find option has been removed from Search Tools in Outlook 2016.

476 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael Pirogovsky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

146 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not actually resolved! You only fixed it for Outlook 365. What about us using Outlook Office Professional 2016. The problem still remains. If I happen to be away from my desk for a couple of minutes and a reminder pops up, it is gone before I return, and I miss it.

• Neal Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please clarify if this is available now in Office 2013. I was trying to search entire secondary mailboxes with no luck a few months ago. I could only search my primary mailboxes.

• Tinush commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank Outlook Team, love this feature, it save a lot of time. started using it again.

Would be helpful if Advanced find could be applied to messages in Cached Mode too.

• Toni Wampler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why does it take so long to provide an option that already existed?! The search feature is one of the many critical tools used in Outlook (version does not matter). My version of Office Home 365 used to work flawlessly until this update. From what I have read in other forums about how to fix this problem it has been going for many years, not with just this last update. You are very quick to make sure our payments arrive, how about some service in return. If you need to take a feature out, why not ask your paying customer first going forward.

• Neal Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to search sub-folders in a group of mailboxes. I am having this problem with Office 2013, please confirm this will be resolved in 2013 as well as 2016. The message from Outlook Team ("We’ve heard your feedback and pushed out an update to re-enabled Advanced Find") sounds like it has already been sent out but in 2013 I do not see a resolution. Thx in advance

• ms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please. i need to work out of a shared mailbox, but i cannot search that mailbox and include all the subfolders.

please add shared mailboxes to advanced find.

• Stephen Black commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should not de-evolve your product. I used to be able to do a search for how many specific types of meetings. The search will yield the quantity at the bottom of the window. This is no longer the case and quite frankly is SUCKS! I have to physically COUNT my search now.

• Silvia C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Necesito mi cuenta como antes es difícil cambiar la cuenta en todos los lugares que tienen mi dirección.

• IREN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SEARCH TOOL TO MY INBOX HAS BEEN DISABLED I NEED TO GET IT BACK

Dear Sirs,
        In the To Box, when I type a, all the email ID starting with the letter a should be displayed. Nowadays, I get Recent Contacts, which I don't require.
        Thanking you,
        KalyanaSundaram

• RJ Ruggiero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this stream but on MS Office 2016 (win7/win10) we are seeing and have reported issue that appears to be bug. When searching for emails from the search box, if you search for a word/name/chars that are WITHIN an email address, the search will not find the email in any mailbox. For example, in the email you are searching, if there is no display name and only an email address (example = johnsmith@abc.com). I.e., If you search for "smith" trying to find the prior email with the johnsmith@abc.com address, it will NOT find it. It will only find it if you enter "johnsmith@abc.com." This becomes an issue especially if you are copied on an email where the display name is not in the email, but just appears as the email address (as in prior example, johnsmith@abc.com). This is a bug as far as I am concerned!! Escalated case to Microsoft.

• Shawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please fix the Advanced Find boxes... the ability to search specific parameters is super important

After using a specific search like From or To the search can not be deleted or changed until you delete the whole criteria. This is a real PITA because I have set up search To: From: Body: Subject: and I have to delete the criteria every time and reselect it to use it again.

• Francis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the whole problem is it needs to go and use some other normal search is that search should find anything even "partial word searches" which is why everyone loves advanced find and search folders feature

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base