OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Allow option to un-decline a meeting when a clashing meeting is cancelled

1) I accept a meeting
2) A second clashing meeting comes in.
3) I decline the first meeting as the second one is more important
4) The second meeting is rescheduled or cancelled
5) Now, there should be a way to 'get back' whatever meeting I declined in that slot. Both an indication in the calendar UI that something used to be there and was declined, and a way to re-accept that deleted thing.

55 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Martyn Lovell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nick Sharratt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Anthony - an option to 'send appologies (Decline), but keep it in my diary as I need to still be aware it's happening and I might need to change my attendence status later if other plans change' is what is needed....but that's probably a bit long to use as the actual description of the option ;)

• Anthony Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I always felt their should be an additional option to "Decline, but keep in my calendar".

The scenario described in the original post was very common to me. In addition, there are many meetings that I want to know when they occurred, and who was invited/attended, but don't need to attend myself, so I want to decline so the meeting organizer knows that I will not be in attendance.

Feedback and Knowledge Base