OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Create true duplicates for events on copy and paste

Please allow true copies to be made for calendar events using copy and paste. Currently only the title is copied across and not the reminders, dates and times, descriptions etc.

For more details:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/outlook-copy-paste-does-not-duplicate-event/f935e449-c131-4b88-9d52-0b71f9884f15?auth=1

42 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Daniel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • LA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add multiple non-sequential dates of the same meeting type at one time; i.e., we have Cabinet meetings once each month on the same day of week and time, (Friday, 9-12), however it is not always the same week of the month, so I can't use monthly occurrence. I'd like to put in the meeting name, time and location once and then input the dates without going to each month.

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Correction: If you CTRL+drag the event it will create a copy with most details in-tact. The only issue with this is that you can't really drag the event to a completely different year or month very easily (although you can drag it to the next month in the calendar sidebar).

• Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried the method mentioned b y Kreera but it didn't seem to work, it only moved the event and did not ask me if I wanted to move or copy.

• Kreera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is possible to copy and paste an event with all of its details by right-clicking and dragging the event to another place in the calendar. Upon releasing the mouse, you get the option to move or copy the original event. The date and time are determined by where you drag it to, but clearly it's possible to copy all of the details including subject, location, body, and attachment. Why is not possible to make this available to ctrl+c/ctrl+v or a menu entry in the ribbon?

• Lawrence Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple right click option on an event to create an exact duplicate. For times when I have the same event at the same location, with the same people invited, but I would like to add it to different days at different times.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like copied events to be updated when the original event is changed. Or at least the option to "update your calendar" when you have copied it. If you click add to your calendar, it merely creates a duplicate.

Most assistants keep their managers calendars and need certain events copied to their calendars, so they are not listed as a participant. If they "invite" themselves they are shown as "busy".

It's time Microsoft wakes up learns how things have changed.

Thank you!
    Christine

• Paulo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please introduce a tool in calendar that allows me to copy and paste events or simply duplicate them to edit some details. I lost a lot of time making each appointment separately.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft seems to have reverted everything back to windows 95 with windows 10 and office 365.

• Siavash Mortazavi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a feature that enables the users to right-click a day header and copy the date for that day.

Also, the user should be able to right click a cell, or the range of selected cells and copy the duration. The format can be something like: "12/16/2018, From 8 a.m. to 2 p.m."

* These subtle ********* makes the life easier, when someone wants to copy and paste some date/time.
    * There should be options in the setting to chose the desired copy format, for example, short date format vs long date format, or if the day of week should be included in the copy.

Feedback and Knowledge Base