OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide an option to make a meeting attendee the meeting organizer in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make a meeting attendee the meeting organizer in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to avoid recreating the meeting. Also a provision of changing who created an even or invite another event organizer for a meeting would be an added benefit.

858 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

madhavi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

142 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow invitations to be transferred from the original organizer to a new organizer/attendee. This is helpful when support roles change. I recently moved to a new role within the organization. As Office Manager for Accounting, I created department meetings with 55 attendees. The only option seems to be for the new support person to create a new invitation, which can be tricky to orchestrate between two people in different departments with different schedules without losing the meeting room or losing attendees.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to give edit permission of calendar invites to someone in the active directory. I need to give leadership roles to a coworker, but don't want to re-create the meeting invite.

For any large organization where roles and responsibilities change like the weather, the functionality to be able reassign the 'Organizer' of an appointment to another user within the active directory would be very beneficial. However, only the "Organizer" of the appointment should be able to assign the appointment to another user.

Looking forward to seeing updates on this suggested functionality.

• Hanna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When organizing meetings for others, I would like to grant permission to other people in the meeting to edit/change the meeting. Currently I have to grant "editor" access to these people for my entire calendar

• Cornebise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to change the organizer!!! This is the Bain of my existence. Such a pain that you cannot do this. Seems so simple.

There should be a way to change meeteing organizer. We have a department that has meeteing every friday (recurring). If a person who is the organizer leaves the company then we have to delete the meeteing and create a new one

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

enable colleagues to cancel/move a meeting from a series you own, without opening up your whole calendar

• Steve Benton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this, I want to reassign the organizer of hundreds of diary entries and there is no way to do it. we have got to duplicate the entries and then copy over all the notes we have logged in the notes section.

There needs to be a mechanism for the organizer to transfer the diary entry to a colleague!

• Kat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide an option change the organizer, ideally to an attendee, to avoid having to constantly recreate meeting invites whenever someone leaves the company or changes roles.

• Mahmoud Sabobeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When someone organize a meeting, please give the option for the receiver to be able to suggest adding attendee for that meeting.

• Davide Zanetti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The scenario:
        - I have attended a meeting
        - I wasn't the original organizer
        - I want to schedule a follow-up with the same attendees
        - I really don’t want to copy-paste the meeting details and invitees manually…

Today, the only option seems to be:
        1 - In calendar view, open the previous meeting
        2 - In ribbon, select "Reply All"
        3 - File > Save (or ⌘S) to save as draft
        4 - Close the draft window
        5 - Go to Drafts folder
        6 - On ribbon, click "Meeting" (small button next to Forward)

Can you think about a way to make this easier?

Maybe add the "meeting" button in the Meeting window, so that I can create a new meeting invite from an existing meeting, even if I am/was not the organizer, and have my name as the organizer for the new meeting of course, and have all the other contents (attendees, subject, body text, …) copied into the new meeting invite.

Thanks

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow an administrator the ability to reassign a meeting organizer. This would help in many situations like if a organizer leaves the compnay or is out sick or is moved to another project but the meeting still needs to happen. You really don't want to bother your clients with having to reaccept the same meeting again.

allow anyone who is invited to the meeting to change date, time, location, etc. and be able to notice the all who are invited to the meeting

Lors de réunion créées en série, mais dont l'organisateur s'absente plus mois (par exemple) ou quitte la société, il serait pratique de reprendre la main dessus et de mettre un transfert "d'organisateur" afin d'éviter de saisir de nouveau les différents critère des réunions.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base