OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide an option to make a meeting attendee the meeting organizer in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make a meeting attendee the meeting organizer in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to avoid recreating the meeting.

163 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

madhavi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark Hemeon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I mean, seriously, this has been an issue forever, and one that has always been griped about. Can we please get some traction on this please! Windows/Office Insider...

• Raul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook does not allow to send an invitation to people unless you are the organizer. You could forward it but it does not look quite the same as good.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In some organizations, there is a group that does the scheduling for the room. When this occurs, the organizer of the meeting gets an appointment for the room reservation. They in turn have to create a new meeting in order to invite other participants. Thus, the organizer has two meetings on their calendar for the same event (one from the room coordinator and one that has their agenda and the attendees for the meeting).

If the meeting organizer could add people to the original meeting, then changes in the room would be sent to everyone and there would only be one calendar event on the schedule.

Booking a meeting but have a feature that the attendee list and emails are private. Google calendar has this feature.

Today, only the organizer of a meeting can update the agenda for a meeting.
        I would be really nice if all attendees could update - might need a feature for the organizer to turn this on or off.

• Colin Wheeler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In essence, allow the creation of a meeting where the 'Meeting Organiser' is not the person creating the meeting invitation. As part of the additional functionality this would deliver, provide the functionality to amend the meeting organiser if needed.

Why?

(a) Allow regulare corporate/team meetings (which can be set up for months in advance) to be amended if the original meeting creater leaves the team or business. Otherwise the meeting becomes 'orphaned' and amendments are not possible.

(b) A PA has setup a meeting, on behalf of their business lead - the meeting timing/details need to be changed but the PA is not available (out of hours, on holiday etc.)

These are common situations in small and large organisations.

Further enhancements could include:
        - ability for somene else to request 'taking over' Meeting organisor responsbility' (not necessarily an attendee - could be a new PA taking over from previous roleholder)
        - option for admin to assign all meetings with X account as Meeting organiser to Y account (where meetings have not taken place or recurring meetings where there are still recurring events happening at a future date. ('Date' could be a configurable option too, perhaps?)

Allow transfer of ownership on outlook meetings or allow attendees to edit meetings

• Steve Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current organiser of a meeting should be able to transfer that status to another user. Further, an admin user should be able to do the same should the current organiser not be available.

• Vanessa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to assign regular meetings to another member of my team in case we move teams and I can remove them from my diary. Currently I have to delete them all (which deletes them from all the attendees) and then someone else has to set them up again from their calendar and send new invited out to the same people all over again.

• MW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Meetings hsould be created with a delgated/subsitute organizer in the event the primary organizer is absent.

This way a meeting can be canceled or reorganizd in the primary organizer's absences

Call it primary/secondary organizers; co-organizers; whatever you want. There should also be a default secondary organizer assigned option available too.

• Ryan Perry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change Meeting Organizer

Currently, there is no way for users to reassign ownership of a meeting in Outlook. In situations where a user is no longer available, whether temporarily, or because they left the organization, this inability to transfer ownership creates serious inconveniences.

In our case, we have an integration with Dynamics CRM. When we attempt to change ownership of meetings to a new rep, outlook sends a cancellation notice to the customer, and then a new invite, because it is incapable of reassigning the ownership. Please work with the Dynamics CRM team to ensure this works cross-platform.

Feedback and Knowledge Base