OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide an option to make a meeting attendee the meeting organizer in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make a meeting attendee the meeting organizer in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to avoid recreating the meeting.

523 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

madhavi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

84 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sandra W. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more with previous comments!
        Yes, there should be an option to opt out if I simply organize meetings on someone's behalf but am not actually attending.
        And yes, there should be an option to transfer a meeting to a different organizer without cancelling and setting up a new one - what a hassle (esp. if it involves hundreds of people...).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an administrative assistant. I need this due to the number of people with access to the shared calendars.

• Toni Tallett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would definitely be a step in the right direction and would increase efficiency and save time.

• ExcellaAdam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be SO GREAT! OMG YES!

The ability to transfer a meeting to someone else would relieve so much anxiety from the organizer's perspective. And from the attendees perspective, it avoids all the email "noise". It's a wasteful activity, and as a Lean Agile coach, I am waging a personal war on waste particularly in my inbox. ;)

Note: I recommend this feature allow the attendee to "accept" an invitation to be promoted to organizer. I wouldn't want someone just unloading meetings onto me without my consent.

Thanks!

When someone leaves an activity/project/company their replacement MUST be able to take on the original's meetings seamlessly - having the new host recreating the meetings and having the old host cancel the originals is not efficient or guaranteed to be 100% effective.

• Zoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be able to change owner of meeting with out reinventing the wheel

Worked somewhere that only used GMail and Calendar and this is a feature on Google Calendars! Was SO useful for leavers, or people on holiday. And also avoids clients getting multiple invites for things that they already have in their calendars.... I now need to send them all the same invites again :( They'll love that!

• Alesia Krupenikava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When an employee leaves an organization and was responsible for organizing meetings, it's a pain to delete all the prior meeting requests and re-create new ones with the new meeting organizer. This should be the BASIC FEATURE of the tool!

• John Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apparently no one at Microsoft ever transfers or leaves the company, therefore they don't experience this pain of recreating all the recurring meetings? Or maybe they just need financial donations so this glaring organizing /collaboration problem can be researched & fixed. Or maybe Microsoft just doesn't care to help businesses run more efficiently? I wonder how many business users would Vote to keep this function (or non-function) the way it is now? Is there a new product that will be replacing Outlook for email, scheduling, & collaboration?

Wow another reason NOT to use Microsoft.....
        Can't believe they still haven't figured this out. I thought for sure it be fixed by now but no.

• Nancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's absurd this can't be done. It's silly to have to coordinate the cancellation of one meeting with the creation of another just to keep a popular location reserved. Meeting organizers should be able to hand the meeting over to someone else. SMH, Microsoft. SMH.

• Jenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to opt out of a meeting that I organized with other attendees. If I set up a meeting but I'm not attending the meeting, I should be able to put "Free" on my calendar without it affecting the meeting that I organized. As of right now, if you look at my calendar you will see that I am "busy" for each of the meetings that I organized, but I'm not attending any of them.

• Matthew Sheets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, would be really nice to simply have multiple owners so that, for example, either person in a regular 1:1 meeting can simply move a meeting per schedules without extra back and forth.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base