OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide an option to make a meeting attendee the meeting organizer in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make a meeting attendee the meeting organizer in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to avoid recreating the meeting.

712 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

madhavi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

116 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brandee Warren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the owner of a meeting (single or series) to transfer ownership of that meeting to someone on the invite list. Real example: My co-worker is going on maternity leave, she is owner of all of our cross group meetings. In order for me to be able to cancel a meeting is if I own it. Today we have to cancel and reschedule in coordinated unison (to keep the conf room). It the owner was able to simply transfer ownership it would not be so painful.

• Carie Adams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I am the owner of a meeting and I drop off the project or am not in the office that day, then I should be able to reassign the meeting to someone else so they don't have to resend the meeting invite.

• John Turner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

google offers this option through its admin portal to transfer ownership of meetings for empolyees that have left. I would really like to see this option in exchange.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is needed and is logical especially when people leave the company and have existing meetings upcoming. Makes sense to clean up the mess when someone leaves.

• Kelly Wallace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! This especially would help when an organizer no longer works at the company or has changed position. It would keep us from having to cancel and then recreate the meeting to have control of the updates.

So if you leave - your team can take over ownership of existing future booked meetings and be able to edit them

It would be very helpful if Microsoft offered the ability to switch ownership of an Outlook Calendar event from one individual to another. Google Calendar has this functionality, why doesn't Outlook Calendar?

• John Chivall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's baffling that Outlook doesn't have this feature. Yet again an area where Outlook lacks functionality compared to most other groupware tools.

• Matt LaGrandeur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the ability to specify multiple "Meeting Organizers" or "Meeting Admins" so more than one person can edit / delete meetings.

• ABREU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pessoas que não são organizadoras da reunião quando tentam cancelar agendamentos gera inúmeros erros.
        Se tivéssemos essa opção de mudar o organizador da reunião seria excelente e eliminaria vários problemas com calendário.
        E tão difícil o programador resolver isso?
        Programadores Microsoft devem ser capazes de resolver isso não?

Aguardamos solução.

• ABREU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Por gentileza incrementar essa opção pois quem trabalha com calendário compartilhado é extremamente chato ter que ficar retirando manualmente os calendários.
        Microsoft por gentileza solucione esse problema.
        Isso tem afetado inúmeras pessoas que pagam e utilizam.

This is much needed. Very frustrating that there is no way to take ownership of meetings. Users leave the company or go on holidays and we are stuck having to use a time consuming method of granting Send As and full mailbox access to another user to be able to be able to perform what should be a very simple task.

• TheDavidSlight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many of us have MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT, something Outlook never seems to admit to - and BTW, that means we are PAYING for each email address / account / tenant or what ever and yet only using one copy of Outlook 2016 at a time

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base