OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide an option to make a meeting attendee the meeting organizer in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make a meeting attendee the meeting organizer in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to avoid recreating the meeting.

428 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

madhavi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's absurd this can't be done. It's silly to have to coordinate the cancellation of one meeting with the creation of another just to keep a popular location reserved. Meeting organizers should be able to hand the meeting over to someone else. SMH, Microsoft. SMH.

• Jenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to opt out of a meeting that I organized with other attendees. If I set up a meeting but I'm not attending the meeting, I should be able to put "Free" on my calendar without it affecting the meeting that I organized. As of right now, if you look at my calendar you will see that I am "busy" for each of the meetings that I organized, but I'm not attending any of them.

• Matthew Sheets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, would be really nice to simply have multiple owners so that, for example, either person in a regular 1:1 meeting can simply move a meeting per schedules without extra back and forth.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. If nothing else, let users give edit or owner permissions for single instances. We can delegate our entire calendar, why not individual items on the calendar?

Really, Microsoft. This is ridiculous. You should be awarded the price for being the company that kills productivity the most effective way possible.

• Cliff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I started laughing at the best suggestion is to remove the meeting and create a new one. Sounded too much like a joke. Is that the best way to transfer a meeting? Surely Microsoft can do better.

• David Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really important feature to be developed, if a meeting organiser changes role, leaves the company or simply withdraws from the meeting it is madness that you cannot change the meeting organiser to another person. Having to delete the meeting and send out new meeting requests is a waste of time, especially if there are attachments to the meetings, past or future.

• Dennis Rapp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an Exchange Engineer we experience this all the time, the smoothest way I have found, is to have the current owner change the end date to "today" and let the new owner send out a new invite. You can always create a generic "meetings" account, but as already expressed, it seems like a simple design change to add this function. I do no I have seen a 3rd party tool which can reselect the owner, but it is a bit of work.

To be able to delegate an existing meeting to another user and therefore delete from diary without cancelling the meeting

• Karen P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe that this isn't a feature already, but searching interweb produces no real answer - so adding my voice to the many to please sort this one out. I've lots of meetings that I've set up on behalf of others, but for which I am not the chair person. Would be great to click a box to "hand over" the meeting to the real/new chair.

Come clever programmers, you can do this for us!!

• Chrisitne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. We are having an issue right now where someone is taking a Maternity Leave contract and the original staff created the events. It's silly that we have to recreate all the invites on the replacement person's account.

• Matthew Sheets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So agree! (a) Wish that I could create and then delegate meetings OR (b) hand over recurring meetings to a new owner or a single occurence to someone to cover for me (have had issues before with people covering a meeting for me while out and needing to change or delete the occurence and not being able to).

As a PM, I'd occasionally enjoy being able to set meetings between ICs to communicate on details for a feature. I may need to be there, but not always.

• Ed Gonzalez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great for reoccurring meetings where the organizer is no longer around but the meetings must continue and a new organizer must take over the updating process.

I've been wanting this feature for a while as a project manager. I organize meetings and events, but in some instances I must hand over to others.

It is problematic that when forwarding the calendar invite, it is not clear to the ultimate recipient who the message is in fact from, from the organizer or from the person who has forwarded it. More than that, if the ultimate recipient replies to the message thinking s/he is responding to the person who has forwarded it, the reply instead goes to an organizer.

• Wendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft - you're being very quiet on this issue and have been for some time. How about a decision one way or another? Will this ever be a thing?

• Andrew Denny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you! My experience would be much better if changing organizer rights didn't involve removing and rescheduling each meeting.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base