OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Group Contacts to show in recent people

Recent people E-mails show in suggested contacts. Unfortunately, The Group Contacts stopped showing on last update. Please bring back the feature as we send lots of E-mails to a few group contacts time and again. Thanks!

216 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Yash shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

98 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lesley Walsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please bring back this feature I have quite a few groups and use group out contacts. Its seem very unusual to take away this feature as it adds considerable time to a working day and efficient email communication

• MITCH BECK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want autocomplete back and to get rid of the recent people. Is there a legit workaround on this yet?

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems to be affecting, only, certain users. I'm not having any issue with this feature, but another in the company is having the issue.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very very frustrating losing Group autofill in contacts. Please restore this feature?

• MarthaB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you restored this in January, why has it stopped working for me in May?

Office 365 Government E3 (on the web, not the mobile app)

• Bernadette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of the "Recent People" and bring back the autofill feature with all the names!! Five is not enough! This happened several months ago and it was reverted back, but now you've done it again. Leave it alone - we love autofill!

User feedback is that the recent people list is not very good. The list is incomplete and too short. We get lots of support calls regarding this. Bring back auto-complete.

PLEASE return "autocomplete" - "Recent People" replacement is awful. Cost me a lot of time. May have to stop using Outlook

Missing Distribution list names in my Outlook autocomplete. Since this summer. Pls. bring it back asap.

This feature seems to have back with my Office 365 install. Version 1710 Build 8625,2139.

• Mikki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not believe you would take this feature out. Bring it back.

• michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!!! Please bring back. I use this feature daily and now that its gone, extra steps to send out emails is ridiculous.

Adding support for bringing back this feature; sooner rather than later please! Don't want to have to revert updates on every PC...!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base