OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Email Signature Sync across devices

It would be great if Outlook sync'd your email signature across multiple devices so that you only have to set or update it once.

6,062 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Patrickr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

738 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide a solution where:
        - the signature is stored on the Exchange server / mailbox
        - An admin can set the signature using PowerShell commands (using a HTML template, replacing dynamic attributes with the users directory information
        - Can include images
        - Is synchronized from the server to Outlook desktop client, Outlook online and Outlook mobile (the same as the Out-Of-Office configuration)
        - User option to disable the sync on per client base

This would provide a flexible and enterprise wide easy configuration for admins and HR.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

msoutlook.info has an article on using OneDrive and a junction point to at least sync signatures on desktop clients (in case the link doesnt get through filtering, search for sync-signatures)
        https://www.msoutlook.info/question/sync-signatures

Its a bit of a hack, and I am also not sure if you want a Juntion, Hard or Soft link to make it work.

• Danny Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why isn't this a feature? Windows entire ethos is literally cross device seamless workflow. This is simple. Why isn't it a thing? Why would I not want an email signature for business used on every device that I use that account on?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or provide clear instructions for retrieving the raw OWA signature (with html markup tags), so I can propagate it manually.

• Mark Fitzsimons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In a world where we actively encourage people to switch between Desktop to Laptop or Tablet and mobile phones as part of their working day whilst imposing a requirement to go and copy an existing signature into the Outlook client the first time they access it on new device is so unproductive.

• GraniteStateColin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please do this on a per-account basis. Have Exchange, Outlook.com, and all servers that MS controls sync the signature for that account. In addition, it should be possible to store miscellaneous signatures in a user's OneDrive account for various third party and POP mail accounts (e.g., gmail, Yahoo, etc.).

• VinaySC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can the team ignore such a basic feature. I don't know what is the Outlook team doing out there. Busy updating apps for iOS and Android. C'mon man..

• Tobi B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please provide this and a way to sync signatures between multiple devices.

• Ayaz Mohammed Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My suggestion seems to be a subset of what's being asked, it's basically about adding support for syncing signatures between outlook webapp and desktop app.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37

Feedback and Knowledge Base