Provide a feature to link a contact to an email in OCM in Microsoft Outlook 2016
Provide a feature to link a contact to an email in Outlook Contact Manager in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than creating a contact.
Guillaume REBIERE commented
- There is no "Position" column for the contacts in OCM. You should add one in a CRM helping manage business contacts.
- We cannot move or rearrange the columns in OCM. So if we create a column, like "position" it goes at the end, which is not convenient.
- When we create a new company in OCM from Outlook, the company is not shared, even if we share the contact. Then, we have to open OCM in a new window and select the company to share it. Not convenient at all.
- Like in any basic CRM, we should be able to create "deals" which are common to all companies or contacts, since we all have identical basic services or products that we sell to different clients. That way we can check who has bought a particular deal (cross data analysis for business development: what have the clients of the same deal in common? for example).
- It would be great to be able to work with several different currencies, instead of having to chose only one. In many countries, and with international clients, e have to make deals in different currencies.
- Finally, we can only open the OCM add in window in Outlook when we are in the main "inbox" and not when we are in subfolders. This is not practical to create contacts when we organise old emails which have already been moved to subfolders.
I am sure that providing these additional services with an update of OCM would be very useful to everyone, and that it would make OCM much more attractive.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Mark A.R. Mitchell commented
This seems like a kind of dumb oversight. If OCM is showing up on the side of Outlook and can track a customer based on the customer's name and email address, why can't it also see the customer's Company name when that's already in my contacts folder? Why can't OCM see the companies already in my contacts folder? I want to interact with my customers more easily, not spend a lot of time populating data fields in OCM.
Allow OCM from the main group to create a subgroup or allow sharing to selected group members. And why OCM icon is not included on "outlook groups"?
Outlook Customer Manager does not work in my Desktop Outlook 2016... works fine in Web version. but not the desktop. Have had assistance from tech support, have applied the various suggested fixes and it still doesn't work.
When using Dynamics CRM & Outlook 2016, there is a Connector, which works GREAT when it works; however, it can be a bit clunky..
I don't need my full CRM to load/integrate into Outlook. If there were a LITE version that I could simply use to Track Emails/Appointments/Contacts to Accounts/Opportunities, that would be FANTASTIC!
Kristopher Marshall commented
Why can't we assign owners for deals on OCM? There are multiple people in the business, each with different deals and so I should be able to assign a deal I create to another BDM.