OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Bring back sorting for All/Unread/Mentions and Arrange By quick sorting by Date, Size, etc.

In the latest update the view change to consolidate to a singular "All" dropdown that allows you to choose between the former All, Unread, Mentions and then to easily Sort with Arrange By. For many users the expanded view is preferred and more easily accessible. If that could be made a view option, or a toggle feature I think that would be a functionality improvement

Note from the Outlook Team: We have posted a Known Issue about this change with some explanation and possible solutions, https://support.office.com/en-us/article/All-Mail-and-Unread-Mail-tab-options-no-longer-show-in-Outlook-ecdfda13-bdc1-42e2-a77b-c18f6f291fe1?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US.

1,055 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rebecca H shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update from the Outlook team: We’ve brought back the All and Unread filters for the inbox folder, as well as made enhancements to the sorts and filters menu. As a note, Focused and Other pivots will take priority over All and Unread when opted in to Focused Inbox.

These changes should be available for all users with Version 1802 (Build 9001.2138) and above.

Cheers,
The Outlook Team

393 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • PB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Utterly brain dead regression. Changes are of negative value to most users. Could fire MS Office R&D and we'd all be fine. If it ain't broke ...

• Shayban commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can anyone confirm that the All and Unread Filters are back to the strip above the emails without being clogged in the All submenu? I haven't seen the update Version 1802 (Build 9001.2138). I think the latest now is April 10, 2018 Version 1803 (Build 9126.2152).
    Please if anyone can confirm?

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too cannot find where this has been changed back. Also on the latest build.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where do I find the All and Unread filters? They used to be there as 2 buttons next to the word inbox. I have the latest build. Thanks
    Mike

I will NOT suggest Microsoft Office to anyone ever again.
    I am done with productivity because it is always spent from my pocket to maintain a steady curve for learning, and because changes are often to the worse, noted that many good changes do come along. Still I am not pleased with how this matter was handled.

what is interesting, that our comments need to be moderated.
    I take that negatively from any source online.

As if our prayers and wishes have landed onto deaf ears.
    When will you stop disregarding our wishes?
    You are a broken Machine.

• Anthony Crain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All: Definitely check out the link in the note from the outlook team. Adding this to your quick access toolbar gives you the same one button functionality we used to have! The trick: First add it to your home ribbon, then add it to your quick access from the ribbon. Details are in their note!

This shouldn't be marked completed. The solution above doesn't match the issue: sort button is nested is the problem stated. All and Unread filters is the solution listed. Not a match.

I agree with the folks on this thread. Please bring back the sort by drop down. My work outlook has it (16.0.4549.1000) but my personal version doesn't (16.0.9029.2253). Very frustrating to have to take an extra step every time I need to change the sort of my email!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to add back this most basic of functions: Sort By AND SHOW HOW THE MAIL IS BEING SORTED.

This is an obvious failure on M/S part to do any usability testing with any users who HAVE to use this tool everyday.

• Thom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use multiple folders to manage thousands of daily status and alert e-mails related to my work. The latest update has removed the "Al Unread" option from the bar above the list view. Losing this in favor of the useless to me "Focused Inbox" is simply unconscionable. This makes managing my mail much harder; not easier.

• Rob Davidson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Arrange By function is THE most useful aspect in Outlook for finding messages. Adding addition steps for sorting and finding earlier emails slows down productivity - BRING BACK THE PREVIOUS VERSION

• Katie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring it back!!!!!! that was the most helpful button in Outlook. Why take something away that clearly a ton of people use!!! Please!!!!!!!

• Scott Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spent the morning try to understand where this has gone only to find it can't be reverted. Useless.

Please PUT IT BACK!!!

Focused inbox is rubbish

• Surya Tomar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First thing I noticed this morning is I have to go an extra step to change my sort by options for my inbox. Very unhappy as I toggle between sort by date and sender ALL THE TIME. Please fix this.

• Pietro Discenza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's great that you keep providing us updates, but when you make changes and remove the most efficient button in Outlook, I would like to know who amongst you people, decided that it would be a good idea to remove it.

PUT IT BACK!!!!!!

I guess the person(s) who made that decision do(es) not receive emails.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was the only buttom i used on outlook and you have removed it why?????????????????

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base