OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Bring back sorting for All/Unread/Mentions and Arrange By quick sorting by Date, Size, etc.

In the latest update the view change to consolidate to a singular "All" dropdown that allows you to choose between the former All, Unread, Mentions and then to easily Sort with Arrange By. For many users the expanded view is preferred and more easily accessible. If that could be made a view option, or a toggle feature I think that would be a functionality improvement

Note from the Outlook Team: We have posted a Known Issue about this change with some explanation and possible solutions, https://support.office.com/en-us/article/All-Mail-and-Unread-Mail-tab-options-no-longer-show-in-Outlook-ecdfda13-bdc1-42e2-a77b-c18f6f291fe1?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US.

1,055 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rebecca H shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update from the Outlook team: We’ve brought back the All and Unread filters for the inbox folder, as well as made enhancements to the sorts and filters menu. As a note, Focused and Other pivots will take priority over All and Unread when opted in to Focused Inbox.

These changes should be available for all users with Version 1802 (Build 9001.2138) and above.

Cheers,
The Outlook Team

393 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Wim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to add my voice here. Please do change this back as soon as possible, I used to click on "unread" on top of the screen regularly and I really miss this function.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Restore the "Arrange by" option back in Microsoft Outlook 2016 when sorting emails.

• Austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the 'Select All' function in Outlook 2016. Why do you keep taking out function that are commonly used and useful?

• Aidan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 clicks to change sort instead of 2.... Please change this back it is causing significant frustration and slows me down.

• Matthew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Removal of this has been a massive retrograde step to Outlook. Not only does it take us more clicks to re-arrange emails, there's no obvious indication of which arrangement has been applied. Awful. Cannot see how this would be regarded as an improvement by anyone who uses Outlook.

• rickibarnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MY GOD YES. IMMEDIATELY, OR SOONER.

*No, I didn't accidentally hit Caps lock, it's just that important to me.

• Brenda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please bring back right click and choose Arrange By. It's slowing me down and driving me NUTS! And I can't see at a quick glance what sort option is currently applied. PLEASE!

• Dave Easey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely with Rebecca. It is really useful to be able to click Unread or All at the top of the email list in a folder to flick between All and Unread. It might be surprising to you but in comparison it is a real pain to have to move focus to the right, select the down arrow next to 'All' and choose 'Unread' and vice versa.
    It is a backwards step to have removed it.
    Please at least allow it as an option as Rebecca suggests.
    I could not find a command in the list to add to the Quick Access toolbar to do it either.
    To Jason point: I noticed the change on my desktop first then it appeared on my laptop. Laptop is version 1704 now.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the ability to right click and choose Arrange By, the requirement to click [ALL] / Arrange By / *** increases the number of clicks in the inbox. A user does this million of times of a day sorting and finding email - PLEASE BRING THIS BACK. I dont want to have to revert to 90's full pane view, the Reading pane to the right and quick sort is brilliant, dont change it.......PLEASE

• Jason Fricke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the latest update (version 1704), and my outlook shows "ALL UNREAD MENTIONS" and not in a drop down menu. My boss has the same version, and his has the drop down "All". So I don't know if this is an update or not :/

1 2 16 17 18 20 Next →

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base