OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Bring back sorting for All/Unread/Mentions and Arrange By quick sorting by Date, Size, etc.

In the latest update the view change to consolidate to a singular "All" dropdown that allows you to choose between the former All, Unread, Mentions and then to easily Sort with Arrange By. For many users the expanded view is preferred and more easily accessible. If that could be made a view option, or a toggle feature I think that would be a functionality improvement

Note from the Outlook Team: We have posted a Known Issue about this change with some explanation and possible solutions, https://support.office.com/en-us/article/All-Mail-and-Unread-Mail-tab-options-no-longer-show-in-Outlook-ecdfda13-bdc1-42e2-a77b-c18f6f291fe1?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US.

1,055 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rebecca H shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update from the Outlook team: We’ve brought back the All and Unread filters for the inbox folder, as well as made enhancements to the sorts and filters menu. As a note, Focused and Other pivots will take priority over All and Unread when opted in to Focused Inbox.

These changes should be available for all users with Version 1802 (Build 9001.2138) and above.

Cheers,
The Outlook Team

393 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the latest update the view change to consolidate to a singular "All" dropdown that allows you to choose between the former All, Unread, Mentions and then to easily Sort with Arrange By. For many users the expanded view is preferred and more easily accessible. If that could be made a view option, or a toggle feature I think that would be a functionality improvement

What ****** removed this ????

• David Legg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry to say a complete backward step, I used arrange by regularly I now have to go around the houses

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dislike this new feature immensely. Please provide an easy option to go back to the previous view.

• Trevor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please revert to the previous view! This view 'All" dropdown is so counter-productive!!

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Which user feedback/survey has Microsoft done to implement this "All -> Arrange by" feature?

It is so unproductive to click All -> Arrange by feature, when you could have sorted the column right away previously.

This is another feature that will definitely make my users scream!

Please revert back to how it was, as well as the "Attach file, NOT OneDrive link" feature!

Please change it back, this makes managing emails more time consuming, inefficient and frustrating.

I can see no redeeming feature to this change. There is sufficient space under the search bar for it to be included.

arrange and sort option combined in office 2016. which is complexity to do work with our users. We does not want.

• Rafique commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Revert back to the previous arrangement which is more agile for user who need fast and convenient way to navigate around emails.

• Travis Schoening commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring it back, please!!! The recent change is incredibly frustrating and as others have mentioned, it's inefficient for a feature that I personally use often.

• thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes of course this should be added back - how can you get rid of arrange?
    It was simple - now more steps to search?
    Please bring it back immediately

• Roy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was a horrible change. Please change it back to the way it was. I now have to click 3 times for what I could do with one click before. Hate the new interface

• Gareth Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

********! I can't believe anybody in their right mind would think this is an improvement! Please restore asap or give the option to go back to this.

• Gabby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is terrible!!! I just want to cry, it makes my job so complicated!! Not fair and not efficient whatsoever. Please change it back or add it as an option. Too many extra clicks, waste of my time when I have to do this with the 200 emails I receive every day. This is very upsetting

• Shawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please change this back to the way it was. It is not efficient now and wastes a lot of time.

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base