OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Automatically notify meeting organizer of an expiring recurring meeting in Outlook 2016

It would be really nice for Outlook to let me know when my recurring meeting is about to expire – and then to dynamically update the meeting and notify attendees

61 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jim Wildman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MkM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the love of god please put this feature in, users aren't responsible enough to remember when their meetings end.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE add this feature! Some of our staff manage several meetings, and if they expire, either the room has been booked, people have already scheduled other things on their calendars, or both. It would be nice to set up an alert for 1 month before the recurring event occurs so that it can be set up again without skipping a beat.

When scheduling a recurring meeting, if the room/resource can only be booked for a certain number of occurrences or limited amount of time, it shouldn't allow you to set the meeting to go on beyond that. Also having it alert you when the recurrence ends and offer an option to re-book it. It's so frustrating when meetings "fall off" my calendar, or the meeting is there but the room is no longer booked.

This is especially important when scheduling a room so that you can keep your reservation. Most of the time it's to late when you realize a recurring meeting has ended.

Feedback and Knowledge Base