OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide a feature of Darker shade or color for "Out of Office" appointments in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to show "Out of Office" appointments in Microsoft Outlook 2016 in darker shade or color.

43 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Laura Juvik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

color selections need to be more obvious in the drop-down selector please, varying patterns of blue-grey is not useful.

• Paul Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Darkening the color for out of office is a problem, however, the bigger problem is the lines on the calendar. They're too light when you're looking at multiple calendars and you can't tell what time you're looking at.

• Paul Thompson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Piling on...

Gray vs. Purple shading for Out of Office is difficult to see when viewing multiple calendars. Sometimes you can miss one of the executives being out when trying to schedule meetings. Is it possible to override/install themes to not use the default color scheme (which are pastel)?

• Rachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The color blocking my calendar for out of office is so muted that I can barely tell the difference from in office. Other people are scheduling into times when I'm not in the office now when they normally wouldn't because I'm not available.

Will be out of the office from Monday, October 2 and will return on Thursday, October 5th, 2017

First, make it clear how to find "out of office" section, which I used in Outlook 2007 but so far have not found in Outlook 2016. I'm going away for 16 days and would like to use this feature. I'd been told the "new" Outlook would be upward compatible, but is it really?

• SK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because of the horrible "downgrade" I got to 2016, my I.T. people at work "upgraded" me to 2013, a better product, but not as good as 2010. Microsoft Outlook 2016 is a disgrace. It's worse than gmail. It's so primitive.

• Devin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the out of office icon readily accessible in Outlook, maybe when you click on the file tab. Where is it hidden?

My assistant scheduled a meeting when I'm OOO because the shading is too light. Bring back the 2013 version of DARK shading when OOO.

• SK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please make the whole OOO calendar page that DARK PURPLE color again. Or a dark ANY color. It's so light, I can't even see it when I scroll through the days looking for open appointments. I've only had Outlook 2016 for a week and I've made so many mistakes scheduling my managers' calendars. I've been on the verge of tears all week because of this. Scheduling calendar appointments is 45% of my job!!!

• wrhf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I posted a well documented example of the problem that this including sample screenshot on May 17, 2017 at this link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_other/calendar-out-of-office-shading/6a63ab16-f7da-4d1d-b925-d923f6f62b62

Regardless of how many votes this gets, this is an issue that should be addressed.
        ----
        1) The way it is, the pale lavender that shows for each Out of Office day is very hard to see, and thus it is hard to see at a glance of the calendar when one is out of office.

2) There is a small dark purple rectangle at the beginning of each "Out of Office" bars that shows on a weekly or monthly view and this is the color that should be used for the entire bar for "Out of Office" notices. The bar currently shows as blue, just like any other appointment. If the entire bar 'Out of Office' bar was dark purple, that would help us see what days we are out.

Feedback and Knowledge Base