OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide an option to display the folder name in which the email is stored when searching in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to display the folder name in which the email is stored when searching in Microsoft Outlook 2016

18 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pak-Ming Cheung shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sven Hellinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@DexterGs comment: to add the "In Folder" unfortunatelly is not enough :-( because it is only shown the last Folder. I have a lot of subfolders, so I never find my emails. I need the whole path to find the email.3e@DexterGs comment: to add the \"In Folder\" unfortunatelly is not enough ;-( because it is only shown the last Folder. I have a lot of subfolders, so I never find my emails. I Need the whole path to find my email.

• Sven Hellinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@DexterGs comment: to add the "In Folder" unfortunatelly is not enough ;-( because it is only shown the last Folder. I have a lot of subfolders, so I never find my emails. I Need the whole path.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I find an email that I've saved, via search, how do I find out which folder that email is in?

• DexterG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you add the "In Folder" column to to your view, it will show the containing folder for each of the emails in your search results. You can also sort by this column.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had selected my Other mailbox. Some time later I did a search, but nothing shows up. I couldn't tell it was only searching the Other mailbox, because that part of the UI disappears when searching.

I would be nice to know what I'm searching when the results are empty.

Feedback and Knowledge Base