OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide an option to set the Reminder pop-up to appear on top in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to set the Reminder pop-up to appear on top in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to avoid missing any task or meeting.

1,222 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Office 365 Japan Support Team shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This new option is now available for Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal, Office 365 Business, and Office 365 ProPlus customers on Monthly Channel (Version 1803 or newer). For subscription customers on one of the Semi-Annual Channels, this option will become available after upgrading to Version 1808.

From Outlook, you can turn this on using File > Options > Advanced. Look for the “Reminders” section and check the box next to “Show reminders on top of other windows”.

More information on which version of Outlook you are running here: https://support.office.com/article/what-office-365-business-product-or-license-do-i-have-f8ab5e25-bf3f-4a47-b264-174b1ee925fd

462 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AM Peterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS IS NOT COMPLETED. Please reopen this and add this functionality back for those of us that use Outlook 2013 for business - and miss important business meetings because of this horrendous, egregious miss.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great that the option is available even when it took some time:)

• bernsj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, do not mark this has completed when it has not been implemented in Outlook 2016.

• Michael Long commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure why you would mark this completed when the suggestion specifically says Outlook 2016. This option is NOT available in Outlook 2016.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be fixed for non-subscription users as well!
    Please fix for Outlook 2013 and 2016

• Patty Handrigan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmm. I only have a "show reminders" option.. not an option for "Show reminders on top of other windows" I am on Office 365 Business

I have outlook for Mac (Office 365, 2019) and I don't see any option for this. I miss SO many meetings because my reminders get buried. What's the point of a reminder you can't see? Please force the popup on top.

• Rae Jobst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Outlook open in my browser, as I prefer the functionality there (eg can like an email), and have the Outlook Desktop App open just so I can see reminders.

Please add this function to Outlook in the browser.

• Philip Rittscher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using Outlook 2016, the reminder on top option is not available and the meeting alerts are pretty much useless without it. I never am alerted by a small window that appears silently in the background (sound is disabled for the most part or is going through speakers)

I was hoping that this feature would be in 2019 so I installed Office 2019. But it's not. Seems rather useless to have a reminder that doesn't popup. it's funny but if I have some O365 window open for SharePoint or OWA, I will get sound and visual reminder of from that by default. The my gmail calendar updates pop=up in Windows 10. My Hotmail calendar reminders popup in Windows 10 (non-Outlook).
    Please make this open source and I will develop the popup. :)

I'm on 360 ProPlus and I don't have that option. Frustrating as I don't always have my sound on.. and I have many windows open.. so I don't always notice my taskbar blinking.

Only partially works for me. I am able to select the setting and the window pops up on top, but it doesn't stay there. I work with multiple screens and I have the main application on one screen and dialog boxes pop up on the other screen. When a reminder pops up and I am working in a dialog box of my application the reminder goes to the background after only a brief flicker that I may or may not see. Another option needs to be added to stay on top until closed! This is an improvement but certainly not a fix.

• Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure how this could be marked "Completed" when it clearly was requested for Outlook 2016 and only Outlook 365 was addressed. I understand it will be back and available in Office 2019 but that doesn't help those of us in Office 2016 who have no intention of moving forward at this time.

• Henri Muller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was popping up Outlook 2003 on Windows XP, lost it in Outlook 2010. Is it to laugh or to cry ?

• Jackie Katz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this update for Outlook 2013. When I am busy I do not notice the color changing in my toolbar. I need it to popup in my face over the other Windows so I do not miss meetings!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Settings

Feedback and Knowledge Base