OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide an option to set the Reminder pop-up to appear on top in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to set the Reminder pop-up to appear on top in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to avoid missing any task or meeting.

1,221 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Office 365 Japan Support Team shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This new option is now available for Office 365 Home, Office 365 Personal, Office 365 Business, and Office 365 ProPlus customers on Monthly Channel (Version 1803 or newer). For subscription customers on one of the Semi-Annual Channels, this option will become available after upgrading to Version 1808.

From Outlook, you can turn this on using File > Options > Advanced. Look for the “Reminders” section and check the box next to “Show reminders on top of other windows”.

More information on which version of Outlook you are running here: https://support.office.com/article/what-office-365-business-product-or-license-do-i-have-f8ab5e25-bf3f-4a47-b264-174b1ee925fd

477 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dennis P. German commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Classic Micro$oft; ask them to fix something and they tell you to buy something new...that doesn't actually have the problem fixed.

• Cam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A BLINKING reminder for appointments, not just a popup.

• bernsj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The 'Reminder pop-up on top' option is not complete for Office 2016.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was running into similar problems,

I face this so often that I wrote a simple program called OutlookRemindersOnTop will keep bringing the reminders window on top and also show a windows notification if it finds the window

Hope it helps and it works great for me if it helps you can download it from
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmaHAXM9ZhPhaYN972FkhyTLHO8

it requires .net 4.5 or 4.0 i can recompile it to 2.0 if there is interest.

Hope it helps

• Jody Botha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The REMINDER needs to STAY on top, not vanish after you click on another window...

• Laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not resolved. I've been late for so many meetings. It seems like a pretty simple request to add the "show on top" feature back in for those who want it.

• Andreas Patzner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not resolved!
    Using Outlook 2016 and missing meetings all the time!
    Please fix for Outlook 2016 asap.

• michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did this - it works for this session of outlook but every time I restart outlook it defaults back to the old setting - which makes this virtually useless!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is clearly not completed ! This option doesn't appear in my Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 MSO (16.0.11601.20130) 64 bits version.

• Nick Critten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook 2016 here - this option doesn't exist.

A gently glowing orange icon is NOT sufficient indication of an upcoming event!!

• Clive Hawnt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sheer arrogance of Microsoft is summed up well in this thread. Despite countless contributors (add me to that list) stating VERY CLEARLY THIS IS NOT COMPLETED, yet MS do NOTHING about it. I am using OL2016 and this option is NOT AVAILABLE.

• Aaron Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a systems administrator, I'm taking a lot of heat from upset employees who are missing meetings because of this change. This is another step backwards for Windows and fixing recent and future versions only is not acceptable for organizations in a 5 year upgrade cycle.

• AM Peterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS IS NOT COMPLETED. Please reopen this and add this functionality back for those of us that use Outlook 2013 for business - and miss important business meetings because of this horrendous, egregious miss.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great that the option is available even when it took some time:)

• bernsj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, do not mark this has completed when it has not been implemented in Outlook 2016.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24

Feedback and Knowledge Base