OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide an option to enable printing of full email address of recipients in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to enable printing as well as display of full email address of recipients in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as it can be helpful for forensic purposes as well.

83 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sorel Leinburd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put this is - with contacts having multiple email addresses, and multiple display names we need a better way to sort through inbound email. Having the *actual* email address as a column to sort by would be a HUGE help.

• Candy Tam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide ways to show sender in full email address instead of Display name on the received messages. This required to apply to Outlook 2016, 2010, and Outlook webmail, Outlook mobile app

• Phil Christensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

aree 100%. Having to ask for something this basic is ridiculous. Many of my contacts have multiple email addresses and I need to know which one I'm sending to...and receiving from. Not to mention phishing emails that are from fake accounts .Obscuring actual email addresses with nicknames and hiding the actual detail is stupid and serves no purpose.

• bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reply All /Forward within exchange server, OWA will only show displayname instead of extra email address in FROM/TO for the email body.
    it is different behavior with outlook 2016

• Arjun M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote to introduce this feature. Our ticketing system uses this functionality (email address on the same line as the display name in forwarded emails) to appropriately assign tickets. This feature is broken due to Outlook not having the option to display the email address. I can provide further details if required.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

useful in providing the email in paper format to those who do not have email.

We get quite a few phishing emails that are making it through our spam filter. Not having the ability to see the email is coming from a @comcast.net address instead of our domain is extremely irritating.

• Cody Marco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is there no option to print the email address / contact information alongside the sender's name?
    In business when printing and passing these emails along in a folder there is no reply info for whoever will inherit this folder moving forward. My coworkers have been hitting FWD and printing the FWD to show that info and deleting the draft afterwards but it seems like an inefficient way to do things. Thank you!

• Cody Marco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why in 2018 is there no option to print the email address somewhere next to or below the name (when printing emails in Outlook)?

• Annibale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Print extended email address of to, cc and bbc items of the sent and received email

Spam condition: The From column displays a legitimate display name, but it is associated with a bogus or hacked email address. This is a problem on mobile devices and PC's.

I have a number of variations of my email converging into 1. In reality, my account contains maybe 3 or 4 different email addresses using a combination of initials or periods etc - example johnsmith@domain or jsmith@domain or john.smith@domain all come to the same inbox. If I receive a marketing email with a generic unsubscribe feature, I would like to know WHICH of my email address variations to type into the unsubscribe field. Right now it's just showing my exchange name as opposed to an email address.

• Joe G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Expand "from" column in inbox to show full email address of sender instead of name (to include domain of sender). If this is an available option, I can't find it or figure it out.

• Joby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide an option to enable full email address in mail from external senders in To and CC instead of Display Name in order to find the exact sender in Microsoft Outlook 2016

• Jonathan Broom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I try to print a table of my e-mails for the day, the "From" or "To" column is not wide enough to fully reveal the sender or recipient.

• Joris Debonnet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, but by extension, please provide an option to display email addresses for all contacts on all emails in all views.

Feedback and Knowledge Base