OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Bug 2016 Outlook Filter by attachment

Solve the bug of emails filter for "attachment"
the screenshot are available in this answer http://answers.microsoft.com/it-it/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_winother/outlook-2016-home-and-business-filtri-ricerca/5bc4d0c5-1580-42f5-b8af-9d3faf7d8ce3

The bug is there ... at least in the italian version of Outlook2016 , when click on filter for"attachment" doesnt appear in the textbox the result for "true" or "false" (vero/falso in italian) but appear another thing and so it's impossible to search the email with attachment if not by clicking on the button on the toolbar , but that button filters only the email WITH and not withOUT , i hope you will answer or let meknow if someone read this problem

best regards

5 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andrea Spadavecchia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just spent 10 minutes responding to this but my comment didn't appear. Why is that?

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue isn't fixed yet.

I updated my Outlook 2016 (I'm in Australia but I think it's the US edition) on 28th March 2017 and still get this bug. When I add "With Attachments" or "No attachments' to my email search options I get "No matches found", even though there are many emails with and without attachments.

If there's a workaround for this which doesn't involve manually searching I'd love to know.

Cheers,
    Nick

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base