OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Add additional Calendars to the To-Do Bar

Add additional Calendars to the To-Do Bar.

Outlook 2016 only allows you to view the events located in your default calendar in your to-do bar. Having a feature to add multiple calendars overlapped in the to-do bar calendar would provide a better understanding of my daily schedule. One particular calendar I'd like to add to the to-do bar viewing is a shared calendar so using only categorize to filter is not a viable option.

Having a feature like this would allow for an easier way to view your schedule at a glance in the to-do bar.

326 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Caitlin Conway shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

77 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any indication as to when this functionality will be available? I have my default calendar and then a personal calendar in my outlook account. its very frustrating not seeing my personal calendar in the to-do bar. PLEASE FIX URGENTLY!

• Peter Chuba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually surprising that this feature does not already exist. It is most common these days for a person to have multiple email accounts configured on Outlook so this is imperative. Rather than adding useless features that no one uses, why don't you guys add one that people have been asking for for years.

I just spend the last hour, trying to figure out how to view multiple calendars in my outlook today view / to-do bar. This seems so basic. How could it not be feature?

• LoveStory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is a feature that is desperately needed! The crazy thing is: this was how the To-Do Bar calendar worked in the past! MS removed the feature. Very frustrating for heavy outlook users.

MS, PLEASE add this feature back!!! The To-Do Bar Calendar is USELESS w/o multiple calendars. Actually, it is worse then useless, it is HARMFUL. Even though I've been fully aware of this issue for years now, just last week, I accidentally double-booked myself because I though my day was open, and I forgot to check my other calendar. Very frustrating, such an easy fix, too.

• Chuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this is sorely lacking in Outlook and should be added. The To Do list should include items from all calendars configured in Outlook along with the color scheme set. It's interesting that this feature has been available in Thunderbird for some time, which is a free software.

As is typical, MS is behind the curve of needed features and tends to focus on only what they think is important. Sorry for being critical but after decades of using MS software, both on PC and Mac, their approach has not changed.

• dsoanes@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature, it can't be that hard and helps us keep personal and business in separate calendars but still see all the appointments in one list on the To Do Bar

• Gergana Bogdanova commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was absolutely sure this feature exists in Outlook 2016. What a disappointment was when found out its not. Hope You add this functionality soon.

Looks like these comments have been made for years and continue to fall on deaf ears. I have shared calendars and my default calendar so categories don't work. Seems like a pretty basic thing to add.

• Sue O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to add a row of calendars on the right of the screen (as I had previously), and dispose of the one on the left of the screen.

• Ryan Haas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this is needed, and the calendar color should appear in the To Do Bar as well for easy identification.

• Robert Peet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hard to believe this doesn't exist. Defeats the purpose of having the To Do calendar view if you can't see what's in your calendars. Pretty frustrating Microsoft. It's time.

• Vicky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes DEFINITELY NEED to be able to see all my shared and other calendars in the TODO bar, should be an easy program job - and let us choose which calendars, clicking on and off in boxes like you do for the full calendar view

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kind of insane that it doesn't already provide that option. Dramatically reduces the value of the to-do bar. In fact I had to turn it off because having a false view of what my actual agenda looks like made me more likely to miss the things in the other calendar views.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base