OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Add additional Calendars to the To-Do Bar

Add additional Calendars to the To-Do Bar.

Outlook 2016 only allows you to view the events located in your default calendar in your to-do bar. Having a feature to add multiple calendars overlapped in the to-do bar calendar would provide a better understanding of my daily schedule. One particular calendar I'd like to add to the to-do bar viewing is a shared calendar so using only categorize to filter is not a viable option.

Having a feature like this would allow for an easier way to view your schedule at a glance in the to-do bar.

413 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Caitlin Conway shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

95 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CDub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be an invaluable asset for those of us who use Outlook at work, and manage calendars for multiple people. Even the option to toggle between calendars would be great, instead of having to switch to the full calendars instead of email view.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to see the events in a calendar that is an internet calendar.

Suggestions such as combining or importing calendars to the default do not work for internet calendars.

• Tanya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. I work for four attorneys and I would like to know each of their schedules in order to plan my own day.

• Jeanne Kosch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow me to select my MS exchange calendar in the To Do Bar without setting my Exchange email as the default. I was able to do this in 2010 but you took that feature away in 2016

• Lance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's crazy that this doesn't exist to be honest. MS - Make it happen!

• Mario Wilhelm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 10 separate and different calendars, but my To-Do-Bar is always empty.
        To-Do-Bar is at the moment useless ****!

• Shivashree Parameshwar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need this feature. Its very difficult to keep forwarding invites into my personal calendar, from my shared calendar everytime, just so that it shows up! Please help add this feature MS!!

• William Bosacker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apple has had this feature on it's iOS devices for well over 10 years, yet Microsoft still has no options for this. Having both a company Exchange account, and a Live.com or Outlook.com account is commonplace, so this is more than a little stupid on Microsoft's part. BTW, the iOS calendars work across ALL calendar, and is selectable by a simple touch.

• joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Certainly needed. I use a work and personal calendar in Outlook and have to manually switch from one to another to see my tasks for the day.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a MUST! These days, a lot of people have work calendars and home calendars, and the home calendars are often shared with other family members who do not use Outlook/should not have access to work appointment details. Having only my work calendar viewable at a glance is basically useless if I can't see my personal calendar too. I've actually accidentally double booked things because I couldn't see it! This is SO basic. You need to add this.

• Christy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need this for work!!!! We use a shared calendar NOT the default one - need to see my shared calendar in the to do bar. At the moment im sharing all calendar events from shared calendar to my default one just to get them to show up and its SO frustrating!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any indication as to when this functionality will be available? I have my default calendar and then a personal calendar in my outlook account. its very frustrating not seeing my personal calendar in the to-do bar. PLEASE FIX URGENTLY!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base