OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Add additional Calendars to the To-Do Bar

Add additional Calendars to the To-Do Bar.

Outlook 2016 only allows you to view the events located in your default calendar in your to-do bar. Having a feature to add multiple calendars overlapped in the to-do bar calendar would provide a better understanding of my daily schedule. One particular calendar I'd like to add to the to-do bar viewing is a shared calendar so using only categorize to filter is not a viable option.

Having a feature like this would allow for an easier way to view your schedule at a glance in the to-do bar.

115 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Caitlin Conway shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BEVERLY BERNST commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work with multiple calendars that I manage and have shared with different groups of people, not to mention my own work calendar and my personal calendar. Using the categories feature within one calendar is very limiting and impossible for one is involved in many different activities. Being able to select some or all of these calendars would be an invaluable addition to the To-Do Bar Calendar. In its current form, it is fragmented and incomplete. Please consider this enhancement for your software. It would improve the functionality of your product and the user's experience!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

日历部分建议增加联合国纪念日历。借由纪念联合国日历,不仅可以塑造国民的国际观,也有利于民众内化其中的多边主义全球治理价值观,并可以学习尊重不同国家的文化习俗。1945年10月24日联合国正式成立,1971年12月6日,联合国大会又通过2782号决议,“宣告10月24日即联合国日为国际假日,并建议联合国全体会员国应把这一日定为公共假日”。
        The Calendar section recommends the addition of the United Nations commemorative calendar. The observance of the United Nations calendar will not only shape the international view of the nation, but also help the people to visualize the values of multilateralism in global governance and to learn to respect the cultural practices of different countries. October 24, 1945, the United Nations was formally established, December 6, 1971, the General Assembly adopted resolution NO. 2782, "declared October 24, the United Nations Day as an international holiday, and recommended that the United Nations membership should be designated as a public holiday."

• VR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I thought they already had this feature. At least you can overlay the calendars so they are all in one calendar, within that section..

• Corey Riley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree as well. In today's age where people have to manage multiple email accounts, only have one in your default view is very limiting.

• Jan Brashear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! My main calendar is shared, and I want to overlay my private planning calendar in the ToDo Bar so I can see the whole days plans together while working on Mail.
        Having my planning details in my shared calendar is a lot of clutter when others look at it, so I separated them. But now it's not working as well for me since I can't see them together unless I go to the large calendar view.

• oyvind.haave@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook today - option to include items from several calendars in the view. I have a separate work calendar and a private calendar, but want to view items from both in outlook today.

• Nicola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vorrei poter visualizzare un altro calendario anzichè quello di default nella finestra principale

I wish I could see listings from other calendars in the calendar portion of the right hand To Do bar. I use multiple calendars all the time and it's frustrating that only those from my default calendar display.

• Jo Pedder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

like another commenter said - The calendar in the To-Do pane only shows the events of the default calendar but most people have more than one calendar e.g. by having multiple accounts added to Outlook. It would be great to be able to select the Calendars that are displayed in the To-Do Bar in a merged view e.g. the "Today" or "Tomorrow" item should show the events of all selected calendars in chronological order.

• S George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be invaluable in saving time checking every day. The difference in color coding the calendars combined in the to-do-bar would satisfy that at-a-glance need.

Workaround for Windows 10: Not clean integration, but works.

Open the 'Calendar' windows store app that comes with the Windows 10 install. Add the accounts with the calendars you want. (I turned off the e-mail sync in the settings, already getting the e-mails in Outlook)

Grab the side of the Calendar app and shrink its width as much as possible. The view will change to 'Agenda' which will show a similar view as the To-Do Bar in Outlook, but with all of the calendars overlapping.

I then snapped Outlook, and the Calendar app side by side, and shrunk the Calendar app as much as possible. I then closed the To-Do Bar in Outlook to save space.

Again, not clean, but works for me! (until Microsoft figures out they can add the same feature to Outlook)

• Danelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to create an additional calendar, where when you send a meeting from it will still tally the responses from the attendees. Currently this future is only available on the default calendar setting.

• Elisha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Calendar option in the To Do Pane should be set to exclude the Date Navigator. It takes up too much space and would be more helpful instead to have a preview of the appointments only for the next two weeks.

• yk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want too keep my specific calendars open, but these visibility settings are gone once I click the "Open in New Window" menu. I don't see any reason that it should be designed so.

• tgd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please add a multiple calendar feature to the To Do view!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base