OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Add additional Calendars to the To-Do Bar

Add additional Calendars to the To-Do Bar.

Outlook 2016 only allows you to view the events located in your default calendar in your to-do bar. Having a feature to add multiple calendars overlapped in the to-do bar calendar would provide a better understanding of my daily schedule. One particular calendar I'd like to add to the to-do bar viewing is a shared calendar so using only categorize to filter is not a viable option.

Having a feature like this would allow for an easier way to view your schedule at a glance in the to-do bar.

201 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Caitlin Conway shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jürgen Ambrosi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to have additional calendar views in bar to do. In the same way, i need to choose le calendar appropriately when I make a new appointment or meeting, from the tab, new elements in the toolbar.
        Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Microsoft, add this feature asap. I have configured 2 email for different vendors. It is very time consuming to go to calendar every time. Desperately need multiple calendar support.

• Andrew C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ridiculous that this basic feature is not there yet. We should be able to overlay any calendars we want like in the Calendar view.

• Kimberly Fussell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to add another email to my account but only see it's calendar not its mail. Ex.- Add my google calendar to my outlook. This would enable me to see both my personal and business calendar items but don't have to see my personal emails which I like to keep separate.

I am totally for multiple calendars appearing in the to-do bar. I have a calendar for work and for home, and I because I don't need people at work seeing when my gym classes are or when I have a haircut outside of work hours, I intend to keep them separate. But it would be nice to have all of that info on my to-do list. Along with, I dunno, being able to have the birthdays calendar appear too?

• Ignacio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important and useful feature that other email clients (i.e Lotus notes) have.

• Yann Hemon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally need this feature too!
        Having Overlay in the Calendar view is nice and should have been implemented for the To-Do Bar simultaneously.

• Jiri Tomek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found a post asking for this from 2008! It's been 10 years and such trivial feature is still not implemented? Why do you focus on things that people don't ask for instead of ones that they do?

• SE38 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For chrissake! Why are we still talking about this in 2018!!!!! We have cars that can drive themselves and we're looking at travelling to Mars, but I can't easily see multiple calendars in a single view. Ridiculous.

• Han v K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I choose ‘Overlay’ for my business and personal calendar in the Calendar tab, I want the Calendar in the To-Do Bar in the Mail tab to show that same overlay instead of only showing the default calendar.
        The main reason for the To-Do Bar Calendar is for users to not have to switch between tabs all of the time. Ignoring to put the Overlay function on the To-Do Bar diminishes its usefulness to a lot of users.
        I agree with other commenters that this is a major oversight, and it has been for years.
        I have been waiting for this functionality for years, watching the same request been posted time and time again on several sites and fora, thinking Microsoft eventually would catch on to this.
        I am quite disappointed they haven´t figured this out yet as it should be quite simple to implement, since all of the needed information to show in the To-Do Bar Calendar is already available on the Calendar tab. It adds to the appearance that Microsoft is reluctant to listen to their customers, which is an appearance that I thought they wanted to get rid of. So show us!

• Omar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have my personal calendar show up alongside the work one in the to-do bar like you can overlay in the calendar view. Gives a much better idea of the day. I don't want to have my personal events showing up in my work as private or showing time blocked off.

How is it that MS hasn't figured this out yet? This has been a gross oversight for several Outlook versions.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base