OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Option to make attachment icons scaleable in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make the attachment icons in Microsoft Outlook 2016 scaleable for more compact look and easy checking for attachments.

666 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

meeterra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

183 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Marcin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give back the list view of attachments. Thumbnails are fine but first they take a lot of space, and second names are cut off.

• 8BallAddict commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The size of the attachment icon is awful, it's like this new Windows10 / Office 2016 interface has been designed for infants! It is seriously impacting my productivity when I have to deal with many attachments being received via email.

When will Microsoft wake up, smell the coffee and pull their fingers out....I've seen thousands of complaints about this god awful stupid design!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These large attachment icons are a waste of real estate. The collapsible paper clip icon isn't enough because I need to see the attachments but it takes up too much space. Why did you do this?

Chiming in here, just got forced into Windows 10 and office 2016 by way of a new company laptop. Now i have to open each attachment on an email to see what it is. Please make it a list style, these icons are ridiculous. And while you're at it, how about some contrast, my god, I can barely see the forest for the trees in outlook.

• Jennifer Bradley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The large icons in Outlook are inappropriate for professional business users. They take up too much space and do not allow you to see the full file name unless you hover over the icon. They would work well if you were training a child how to use Outlook.

• Edmond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ Outlook Designers:
        Why do you change good things to bad things?
        Pls change the attachement size to its old style!
        Office 2010 was the best!!!

Too big, and I have a 17" monitor. I use large spreadsheets and lots of documents are attached. When there are multiple attachments, I cannot ready any of the text in my email message.... This is so very frustrating!!!

Dear Support,

Many users have concerns over the new Outlook fix that enabled Outlook attachment icons to display the full file name. The fact is if there exists only one file having a long file name, all other attachment icons of the same email will follow this longer icon size causing a resulting overwhelmed screen of attachment of the email while the email contents can hardly be seen without scrolling. Since our business emails have many attachments, this is causing us many inconveniences in handling the email. Knowing that displaying the full file name could be a feature or wish list for other users, while it would be wiser for you to add an option so that users can configure by themselves how would they like the icon size to be displayed. For ourselves. A even smaller icon is enough to alert that there is an attachment with the email, There is no need for us to see them as large and as lengthy as the current one. Appreciated very much your consideration on our suggestion, thanks in advance.

• Suck it MicroSam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This a joke? Change this **** back. Why do software designers/developers insist on making changes to what people get used to. Turn off these massive attachment icons. Wow.

• Andrea Walter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I first started looking for a fix for the ridiculously large icons in Outlook 2016 I found nothing but complaints about them dated back to 2015. Since that was 3 years ago I was sure that there must be a fix in place now. Extremely disappointed and frustrated to find out that there isn't. I don't understand why MS hasn't provided an option to change this. I agree with Steve Morrell and I think more and more about switching to a Mac!

• Jo Neal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have upgraded to Outlook 2016, and I want to change the size of attachment icons in the message preview back to the size in the Outlook 2013.

• Jesse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to be fixed... so frustrating. What are you waiting for?

I agree with the comments times 100 that the icons are oversized. When you work with complicated documents, they often have the same first few words in the attachment. With this new Outlook for Mac subscription, all of the attachments have the same title and you can't differentiate between them when you're working with documents that start with similar names or similar versions of the same document. It is so inefficient and frustrating.

• UweHa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Steve Morrell: everything 100% about crowded and ****. But I want to contradict / amend your statement in two points:
        1. ugly would be ok if the icons were optically distinguishable, especially for people over 50 with glasses, and not only grey, light grey, medium grey and pale grey. Did I forget pastel-colored grey?
        2. Simplicity is ok, but more important in a crowded heap of icons is the unambiguosness of the icons that since 2007 disappeared and everything grew greyer and even lighter grey, mediumer grey and paler grey. Did I forget pasteler-colored grey?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base