OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Option to make attachment icons scaleable in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make the attachment icons in Microsoft Outlook 2016 scaleable for more compact look and easy checking for attachments.

601 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

meeterra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

151 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kacey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the icon size smaller. Too much real estate being taken, very inefficient to go through.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please for the love of all that's holy go back to the Outlook 2013 icon sizes. i.e. like the quick access bar. Get rid of the ****** ribbon while you are at it.

Really???!!!! Managing attachments in Outlook 2016 is now a pain! What happened to the small icons, and ability to select all attachments or select specific attachments using Ctrl or Shift and left click to delete them?

• cstarnaud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are waiting, and I am with Liam... Users are going to switch except for big corps were users are in a kidnapped market

• Sherwin Levinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MicroSoft, we're waiting.

For every person who takes the time to message you about this, there are at least 100,000 more who are disgusted enough to stop paying for Microsoft Office and switch to Open Office, Libre Office, or another alternative.

Please make attachment icon smaller. Screen real estate is at a premium there is no need for the larger size.

• Doug Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I do screen grab using OneNote and paste into email it generally appears twice as large as the original screen area. To resize it I then have to scroll to the right to find the grab handles and then drag to resize (not convenient or right click, select Size and Formatting and then resize that way (again, not convenient). It would be great, when an embedded picture as the focus, to be able to do something like Ctrl and + or Ctrl and - to make the picture bigger or smaller

The attachment preview is unnecessary. If you use the resend this message, the only way to remove the attachment is to click on each document to remove, where in past versions, you could backspace to delete and attach new documents. This new view also takes up too much space. Please allow to change the view in updates.

• G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terrible design. Please revert back to Outlook 2013 or 2010 for attachment screen view with all functionality like Outlook 2013

• Colin Garner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terrible design. Please revert back to Outlook 2013 or 2010 for attachment screen view. Clearly the programmers don't actually use their product on a PC>

• Cormac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, my unrelated item got merged into this one again.

This:
        "
        Improve the Attach Outlook Item dialog
        * make it resizable
        * make it searchable
        * make it non-modal
        "

Is not the same as "make attachment icons scaleable".
        Not at all.

I'm going to give up now. Logging feedback has been a waste of time.

• Kamila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the view of attachments in the outlook 2016! I need them to list. I have 34 attachments and its taking me twice as long to now hover over them, to see the ending of the name, which is the important part!
        Why would you not had made that an option in the first place!
        So annoying!

• Cormac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Improve the Attach Outlook Item dialog
        * make it resizable
        * make it searchable
        * make it non-modal

When inserting an Outlook Item (email) from the inbox, the box that pops up is not resizable and the filter criteria is often not user friendly.

Since the logic in the inbox is what users are already familiar with, can Microsoft redesign the Insert - Outlook Item functionality to be able to do the following:

A) Expand in size (usually by dragging the corners)
        B) Add search field within (by key words, etc)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base