OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Option to make attachment icons scaleable in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make the attachment icons in Microsoft Outlook 2016 scaleable for more compact look and easy checking for attachments.

765 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

meeterra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

222 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Elena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rediculously oversized waste of space. All of 2016 is bulky blocky and anything but trim. Microsoft may be a sumo wrestler in the software arena but do all the products have to look like that? Ugh.

• Amjad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder why it could not be considered till now to meet the users expectation? It does not look nice to waste half of the laptop /monitor screen with huge icon of attachment(s).
        I suggest to minimize the lowest font possible to allow more work area on the monitor.

• Amjad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder why it could not be considered till now to meet the users expectation? It does not looks nice to waste half of the laptop /monitor screen with huge icon of attachment(s).
        I suggest to minimize the lowest font possible to allow more work area on the monitor.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 years on this still hasn't been addressed? It's such a simple request. Please implement.

Has this incredibly inconvenient and relatively simple problem been fixed yet? I was finally forced to upgrade and this is stupid.

• Claude St-Arnaud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a road warrior, using a laptop with a 13 inch screen. I do not want to lug a laptop with a 17in screen because of the weight etc. So, screen real estate is important to me, have the attachment icons reduceable by choice. I can't rollback to OUTLOOK 2013 because I'm part of a Global company that has migrated to version 2016. So please fix this annoying presentation of attachment.

• Sandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They are still laughing at us. And they won't change those f...ing icons. But this is not the only worse thing in office or win 10...

Make a change please, people are complaining for 2 years now !!!
        It is frustrating to have these large icons !!!

• Matthew Bird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have an option to make attachment icons small, medium or large in Microsoft Outlook, currently there only appears to be one option, v large

• Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will chime in here too. Forced to upgrade and now stuck with over sized icons making my preview window worthless. This has been an issue for 2 years not sure they care.

Please make apperance it at least manually adjustable for users ("small" like Outlook 2013 and "big" as Outlook 2016) I have been waiting since - October 23, 2017 08:15. Micrsost is hard of hearing I guess, no response, no comment. We are capture users that bear the choice of software from our employers... so we are stuck with this F**king ****.

• TG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make apperance it at least manually adjustable for users ("small" like Outlook 2013 and "big" as Outlook 2016)... as mentioned in previous comments, the current apearance is not a step forward - more likely a step back. Thx for considering your's users voices.

It is annoying to waste space on the display for such a ridiculous Icon. Make it as compact as possible again. Please!

Please fix this. For Pete's sake. Dealing with multiple attachments is cumbersome and frustrating.

I agree with everyone else, please revert back to the way attachments appeared in '10 and '13. Makes it awkward to review what is attached.

• j9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I ask for a clear difference between header and text. I also don't need this big name icon. And I want the full attachment names back. Updates should considered to make our life easier. Not more complicated. Thank you!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base