OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Option to make attachment icons scaleable in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make the attachment icons in Microsoft Outlook 2016 scaleable for more compact look and easy checking for attachments.

551 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

meeterrameeterra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

139 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The attachment preview is unnecessary. If you use the resend this message, the only way to remove the attachment is to click on each document to remove, where in past versions, you could backspace to delete and attach new documents. This new view also takes up too much space. Please allow to change the view in updates.

• GG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terrible design. Please revert back to Outlook 2013 or 2010 for attachment screen view with all functionality like Outlook 2013

• Colin GarnerColin Garner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terrible design. Please revert back to Outlook 2013 or 2010 for attachment screen view. Clearly the programmers don't actually use their product on a PC>

• CormacCormac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, my unrelated item got merged into this one again.

This:
        "
        Improve the Attach Outlook Item dialog
        * make it resizable
        * make it searchable
        * make it non-modal
        "

Is not the same as "make attachment icons scaleable".
        Not at all.

I'm going to give up now. Logging feedback has been a waste of time.

• KamilaKamila commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the view of attachments in the outlook 2016! I need them to list. I have 34 attachments and its taking me twice as long to now hover over them, to see the ending of the name, which is the important part!
        Why would you not had made that an option in the first place!
        So annoying!

* make it resizable
        * make it searchable
        * make it non-modal

When inserting an Outlook Item (email) from the inbox, the box that pops up is not resizable and the filter criteria is often not user friendly.

Since the logic in the inbox is what users are already familiar with, can Microsoft redesign the Insert - Outlook Item functionality to be able to do the following:

A) Expand in size (usually by dragging the corners)
        B) Add search field within (by key words, etc)

• sandhyasandhya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its a big irritation to have such big icons for attachments. If you have multiple attachments it occupies almost half of the reading pane.

• GeorgeGeorge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is unbelievable, how has Microsoft not corrected this? It can't be that hard, just enable us to switch to the icons being the same size they were in previous versions. This is a no brainier. I'm shocked this hasn't been fixed in a year, is anyone even reading this feedback?

• Karen MaeKaren Mae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot say it better myself, so I must quote the person below,

"These large, space wasting icons are utterly ridiculous...as is the amount of time that MS has been ignoring these complaints!

Seriously, MS, if you won't restore the functionality of the OL2013 attachment display, at least create a choice for how we wish to view the list of attached files! The current ridiculous display is occupying TWO INCHES of my monitor display!!!

Come 'on MS. Just fix this already."

~my thoughts exactly!

As a professional development organization, Microsoft will obviously be committed to performing usability testing before making arbitrary changes to application features the just summarily deprecate older useful features.

For some reason my unrelated request was merged into this one as a comment:

* make it resizable
        * make it searchable
        * make it non-modal

The last time I tried to post this, I was sent an email from a no-reply address telling me to update my Outlook (which was already on the latest version), and my suggestion was dumped.

Any more of this and I may start to feel like my contributions here aren't valued ...

• Krista HKrista H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I contributed this days ago but it never got posted. This is important enough to me to continue to comment until someone at MS listens. This current icon setup is UNACCEPTABLE!

>>These large, space wasting icons are utterly ridiculous...as is the amount of time that MS has been ignoring these complaints!

Seriously, MS, if you won't restore the functionality of the OL2013 attachment display, at least create a choice for how we wish to view the list of attached files! The current ridiculous display is occupying TWO INCHES of my monitor display!!!

Come 'on MS. Just fix this already.

• FrankFrank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the love GAWD send an update already Microsoft. Or else I'm throwing my Microsoft devices in the trash and buying APPLE.

• Krista HKrista H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These large, space wasting icons are utterly ridiculous...as is the amount of time that MS has been ignoring these complaints!

Come 'on MS. Just fix this already.

• Cormac O'BrienCormac O'Brien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

* make it resizable
        * make it searchable
        * make it non-modal

Please don't send me a mail from a no-reply address telling me to update my Outlook, as if this will help, because my Outlook is already updated: Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus Version 1703 Build 7967.2082

• Stuart ReedStuart Reed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not a new a new idea but simply that the facility for resizing of several large attachment files in Outlook 2016 should ACTUALLY WORK. I have spent hours with Microsoft "Experts" and they don't get much beyond referring me to the standard Microsoft procedure - compose E-mail in Outlook 2016, attach several large photofiles, click on File, chose option Resize, return to Message and Send and Hey Presto there is no resizing.
        I use the resize facility a lot.
        One Microsoft "Expert" told me after a 2 hour remote session that the resize facility is no longer available in Outlook 2016.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base