OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Option to Navigate to Downloaded Attachment in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

After downloading and saving a file that was attached to a received email, show a button or link to open the file and/or the folder location where the file is saved. That way, after 'Save As' the file, with one more click I can open that file. [similar to the way that downloaded/saved files show up at the bottom of the screen in Chrome or other internet browsers]

28 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alek Cannan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • chaz@betcha.net commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook2016 Attachment handling needs vast improvement. Bulk handling features to enable managing voluminous attachments would be helpful. OneDrive is not an option (security). Dictating save location needed. Rule options to enable multiple save folders would work nicely, provided access to those folders is permitted.

• JoAnn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to click on a button in Chrome (Windows) and have it open an email in Outlook 2016 with the link pre-pasted in. Is that possible? I am an Office 365 user, so I could accept a link opening in a web page connected to my O365 account and send from there, but I'd prefer it in the desktop client.
        I used to be able to do this until we upgraded to Windows 10.

• Ken Jamison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the option to download an attachment. In 365 this option puts the attachment right into your download folder. In 2016 you have to save as and then pick. Leave the save as feature but the download option is quick and helpful!

• Fernando Gabriel Gregoire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. It could be done like when saving Office files as PDF documents, where the Save As dialog has a checkbox to open the document after saving.
        When saving only one file, checkbox could be something like “Open attachment when saved;” when user is saving more than one file, the dialog for selecting the folder could have a similar checkbox named “Open this folder when files were saved.”

• David Cohen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS. Definitely needed. It's obvious we should be able to easily open the folder in which we just saved the files instead of opening a new explorer window and navigating (again) to the downloaded files.

• Gaye Punton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

your new outlook sucks, well for me anyway. I download files from emails in order to roster people, now this file goes to download, then i have to search thru all my documents to find it. Before, it went staight to a window and I could transfer it immediately to the file on my desktop, now it takes me ages to find it. I do this for rosters, for every day of the week. ANNOYING.

Feedback and Knowledge Base