OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Option to Reply to an email with attachments included in Microsoft Outlook 2016

In Microsoft Outlook 2016, when reply to an email with attachments, the attachments are not available and we have to attach them manually. An option to reply to an email with all the attachments included would be more productive in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as that option is not available as of now.

234 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rob Kingston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggesting a new feature for outlook if not already in the works or has been raised and rejected already.

For years I have responded to emails that have attachments and in many cases I have wanted to reply with the same attachments to the same contacts or add further contacts.

What I am suggesting is a new feature which allows “reply to all with attachments” where only added contacts will receive the attachments and a flag is added on the note to the original recipients that the new added contacts have received the previous attachments. If additional attachments the original contacts will receive only that however the added will receive all.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when i try to send one attachment file and i write one text in the same mail then send the email with the attachment but not with the text . please advise

Allow attachments to be viewable on any response in a thread where an attachment has been included previously.

Scenario: User 1 writes an email with an attachment. User 2 replies to that email (does not reattach the file). User 3 opens the response which does not have original attachment and must go find it by navigating the thread view.

This is particularly difficult if you have opened a draft of the email, let it sit for a while (so that your inbox is filled with other mail) and now trying to find the original email is a non-linear task (I must search for the original).

Definitely needed!! It is a commom practice to reply with attachments. Especially for business purpose.

• Vivek Sharma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide an option to forward mails with or without attachments.
        Presently while forwarding mails we have to copy the attachments from the original mail and paste in the mail being forwarded.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is desperately needed to have a Reply / Reply All with Attachments button able to be added. So annoying having to either forward and add recipients manually, or reply all and drag over attachments.
        ADD THIS FEATURE!

• Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionlly, one can go to File-> Options->mail-replies and Forwards, and change the default "Include the original message text" to "Attach the original message" however this makes it harder for recipients to read the email thread.

Also this should not be an all or none option.

A user should be able to "reply/reply all" or "Reply w attachments/Reply all w/ attachments", as choices, and be able to choose under the options whether their default is with or without attachments, but then have as options under reply, and reply all ( and in customizing the Quick access toolbar having icons that show reply and reply with attachments.

The converse is also true, that forward should also have forward, and forward with attachments, and be able to choose which the want to be the default behavior, and which would be the optional behavior.

• Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the comments that this is needed, and that most all other email clients allow this.
        I agree it should not be the default reply behavior, ( or at least be a preference), but if attachments removed, then anyone who forwards to new recipients after an initial reply does not have the attachments on the email to forward. It is much better to have the option to reply with attachements, than to assume everyone will have saved the attachments on all emails so if a reply triggers the need to forward to someone new, the context of the attachments is not lost.

Often on reply to all, additional people are added, and having to forward, an then add in all the addional recipients, OR to reply all and add the new people, but also save the attachments in order to re-attach is not efficient or practical.

• Kiran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have the option to reply or reply all with the attachment which came in?

• Shabnam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Step 1 - Send a mail to X number of people with 2 attachments.
        Step 2 - Do a REPLY ALL to the same number of X people as an update or a reminder to respond to the mail. - While doing so, the attachments are removed by outlook
        Step 3 - if there was feature to ask the user if the attachments should be retained, this would be very useful
        We can use the forward option to retain the attachments but then al the recipients info is lost, this is very difficult when the number of recipients are high

• Dirk Van develde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in MS explorer you can select pictures and select "send to - mail recipient" which at the same time allows you to compress the pictures. please provide this function when you are selecting picture attachments in a mail while using outlook.

• Kent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are happy with Office 365... but it certainly could have "all the bells and whistles" . Right now it just meets the needs... C'mon!!!

At work (O365/client) sometimes I send an email with some attachments and I need to reply to the same email as a follow up, but I lose the attachments and I need to reattach the attachments, or forward the email instead so that it includes the attachment. Maybe we can have a conditional option to reply/reply-all with previously attached items?

how to "reply to all" in email and keeping the attachement that was in the initial one

• Srinivas - VS69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When replying to one or all, the feature to also include the attachments needs to be brought in as an optional feature. Today it is a pain to use the workaround of forwarding the message & again inserting the recipients.

Please enable a Data dedupe functionality to avoid storage of the same attachments during the mail string.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base