OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Option to Reply to an email with attachments included in Microsoft Outlook 2016

In Microsoft Outlook 2016, when reply to an email with attachments, the attachments are not available and we have to attach them manually. An option to reply to an email with all the attachments included would be more productive in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as that option is not available as of now.

436 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

110 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Shannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make attachments stay on replies. Right now I set my replies to attach the entire email I'm replying too. It's very annoying to open an email train to get to the original email instead of just scrolling down and reading through. Only other option is to copy and paste the attachment or click forward and re address. It sucks.

• Sofia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aggiungere il comando "Rispondi" (e quindi anche "Rispondi a tutti") includendo gli allegati della mail ricevuta. Ad oggi l'unica possibilità è di fare un' "Inoltra" dovendo inserire nuovamente tutti i destinatari.

• Arjan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Users in my organization really want to have this feature. So please ADD!

• Siobhan Gleeson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential function and needs to be added. To get signoff on something you need the attachment - people forget to include and then you have to go back - totally annoying and timewasting

• Robert Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something I feel is VERY important. Many times I want to keep the train of emails and add a document to the reply or forward. On the old outlook I could, this one does not have the option.

• Scott Lictus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider an option to add attachments to a reply or reply all. Many times additional recipients are added to a reply and do not have the attachments. I'm sure this was a design decision to save space or make the app more efficient but forwarding and having to re-add email addresses is a poor substitute.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This logic is fine if Joe sends me something and I reply to Joe. However in the business world often my reply also ADDS new folks into the loop and they don't get the attachment which may cause confusion. Perhaps if additional addresses are added to the REPLY the program could give the user the option to include the attachments from the original message.

• Cavrina Hawthorne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I received an email with attachments and I have to use the "vote button" to approve or reject, How do I just approve and send the email without reattaching the attachments that were originally in the email? Whenever I select approve on the email and send, it doesn't send with the attachments that were originally on the email.

Couldn't agree more this is an essential function, and frustrating MSFT make users work AROUND the limitation

This is ESSENTIAL so that comments on attachments actually mean something. Why is inclusion in reply and forward not STANDARD and require deletion if you don't want to send the attachments?????

• Janice Allen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a BASIC for a mail server. Yahoo does it, Gmail does it. Often when someone sends attachments, there is someone who needs to be included in the reply that was not included on the original email and we need the options to include the attachments. Why is it ok to ask people to take an extra step to open a new window and drop and drag the attachments, but not ok to ask users to just delete the attachments they do not want? I switched from gmail to Outlook and now I forward my outlook to gmail to do this. Seems really simple to give us the setting to choose.

This is 2018. This is unsatisfactory. Reply needs and must have an option to retain attachments to retain the integrity of the original email. Unsay.

• Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this option is very important and will save a lot of time- thanks

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base