OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Option to Reply to an email with attachments included in Microsoft Outlook 2016

In Microsoft Outlook 2016, when reply to an email with attachments, the attachments are not available and we have to attach them manually. An option to reply to an email with all the attachments included would be more productive in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as that option is not available as of now.

389 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

94 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is 2018. This is unsatisfactory. Reply needs and must have an option to retain attachments to retain the integrity of the original email. Unsay.

• Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this option is very important and will save a lot of time- thanks

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would use this feature at least 10x per day, if it still existed.

• Nuno Fonseca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only word i can come up with for removing atachments on reply is INCOMPETENCE! This is almost like removing gear shifts from a car after you engage the next one. Now i have to ask people to resend me e-mails when i awser them directly, thanking them, for example. Are you serious Microsoft? Dont you use your own softwares and realise this is just not functional! Hope you change this real soon or my 360 subscription is gonna disapear in my next reply!

• Sylvia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously bad user experience. Why can't it be an option or set up and let the user decide whether they want the attachment in reply?

When replying to an email I need to keep the attachment. Whoever took this feature out should be fired. Absolute stupidity.

• Thirthaprasad S G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature back in all the current versions of Outlook. All our higher ups are used to and demanding for this.

• SD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is frustrating af. But I'm guessing they purposefully removed it to hinder the proliferation of viruses.

nonsense- when the geeks rule the world stupid programming takes place------attachments MUST stay with replies and forwards so that added names and even original recipients can see what specific attachment is being discussed---wake up

Microsoft is becoming stupid each year. What the **** happened with the ability to include attachments in replieas.

• E niece commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My apologies in advance to all the gurus out there. But in my experience software developers (especially ERP developers) are so anti-social or know-it-all, they don't communicate with each other or consider the end user. I am often disappointed in the simple omissions or lack of standardization between ERP modules. I guess each module developer is working remotely and doesn't think a webex meeting to discuss standards would benefit the end user. Outlook has ALWAYS allowed reply with attachment. Who thought it a good idea to remove it in 2016 version?

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's shocking that this isn't a standard feature.
        Like seriously, what the ****.

Who ever is in charge of this area of design needs to be fired.
        This is mail client 101

You can always "Forward" the e-mail to the person you want to reply to.....This will keep the attachments.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base