OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Customize default meeting time in Calendar or Option to add inter-meeting breaks where there is back to back meetings

Provide an option to set the default meeting length to 50 minutes in order to have a 10 minutes breather towards the end of a meeting to process, take a break, and prepare for the next meeting.

or there should be option to add inter-meeting breaks where there is back to back meetings

341 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan Holme shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

63 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Johannes Lipp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this?

I would like to set the default meeting time to one hour, instead of the default (30 min).
    Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When scheduling a meeting with multiple participants and viewing their availability - it would be useful to adjust the timescale from 1hr. This enables a better view of the participants calendar.

• John Noble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow- this would be a terrific improvement. By scheduling for 50 (or whatever value I choose)- the implication is the meeting will be "brisk"- yea! Please let us know when you need some testing or it goes live!

• Markus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an option where i'm able to block an additional amount of time for each appointment (before / after) to have some "free time" (take a quick break, move from one meeting room to another, etc.) before another appointment starts. This should be built in so i don't have to micro manage and contact everyone which just wants to find a free slot to propose a new time for the appointment.

• Lars Bech Munksgaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a general request from the business allowing productivity and meetings to run as scheduled instead of current 'back-2-back' setup where employees are already behind before going into a meeting - restroom, preparation, short phone call, walking etc.. This should be a no-brainer.

As has been noted - please make this something configurable at the server /company level.

Hi this is now becoming a standard corporate operating practice, what timelines to expect for this update?

This function would be great.

For companys it´s most important to roll out the Standard Setting (Eg 25min or 55min metting length) centrally.
    It will not work properly if every user has to Change the Settings manually in some kind of submenu.

In my experience, i have seen that most of the times, we are discussing the same topic or action in repetitive meetings. Then what is the point of having MOM? Everyone, should soend some time, before organising the meeting that what are the key points of discussion. Also, sometimes, discussions can be done over a cup of coffee, or cell phone. Back to back webex meetings block your mind.

• Lars Lyngby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a bit concerned that the solution being worked on has a focus on the client (Outlook/OWA) and not the server (configurable attribute enforcing customizable preparation time and cleanup time before and after meetings).
    A client only solution does not solve an organization requirement that certain ressources must have a preceding preparational meeting and/or a subsequent cleanup period.

Thank you for focusing on this. Truly, this will benefit ALL of your customers to be more efficient and effective. Please incorporate ASAP to avoid late meeting starts, stress through back to back meetings and unhealthy meeting practices.

• AJF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As long as you are working on it. Please set up multiple options. e.g. The first default is now 25 minutes, THEN, 55 minutes. or Vice Versa

• Andrew Macaulay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When doing virtual (and real) meetings back to back, if there is no time allowed between meetings you land up with no prep time and/or join the following meeting late.

It would be ideal if it were possible to set a default inter-meeting break time to be used when automatically finding next free time slots, or even to add a short period at the end of a meeting that is shown "busy" on the free/busy.

← Previous 1 3 4

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base