OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Pin or Stick important emails at the top of your Inbox

Option to be able to pin or stick important emails at the top of your inbox regardless of the date and time they were received when sorted by date.

1,917 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to request this feature. As part of our investigation on adding this capability, we ask that you please help us gather additional information on how you use Pin. This helps us to prioritize and design the feature to be exactly what you need to get more done!

Please use the below link to access a short survey about Pin:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRw5gloQAwU9FsNCWoIS-EbBUN0JGRk9IU0VHVFBWMVdFODdKRFBVVUVKRC4u

323 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike Wibben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Lot of Staff love this feature from the web and it would be great to add it into the Desktop version

• Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Either the web version needs to be fully functional or the desktop application. Microsoft please pick one to maintain full functionality or both but they need to mirror functionality.

Today I need to pin email to the desktop application so it will stay at the top of my folder. Please get this in a release.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pin an email to top of inbox, so i can notice a few important on the day
    just like whatsapp feature

• Robert Langer-Hann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use this daily within the webfrontend of outlook. It's a great feature.
    Unfortunately within the Outlook program itself this doesn't seem to work the same way.

A work around that worked for me in the Outlook desktop (Mac High Sierra) client... flag the email and put the list sort on 'Flag Status.'

• KC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Work around: create a folder and place it at the top of the folder list.

Drag important emails there.

I Can really use this feature on the desktop version of Outlook. How many votes does it take to ********* the list? I didn't even know pinning an email was a thing 'til I thought, "How can I keep these important messages at the top so they don't get buried in the mountain of emails I receive?" This shouldn't even be a question about if, but rather, how soon.

• mike m commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this feature is no longer available :( Please bring it back!

• Martin Rebhan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this feature available in the OWA but not in the office suite?? This doesn´t make sense to me... Could you fix that, please?

Totally agree what Mr.Antonio Langton's comment said that
    he cannot think why it was not added when it is present in the browser version. Please add the pin feature!!!!!!!

• Jonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Workaround when using outlook Fat client: first add the Tasks list in your standard view(it will appear on right. Then when you have an important message you can tag with red flag, the email will appear in your tasks list (even if you move the email you will see it there and be able to d-click on it)

• Antonio Langton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the pin feature. I cannot think why it was not added as a matter of course - particular so when it is present in the browser version.

• Cindy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Urgent, Important, Frustrating. Please add such a basic option to make our lives more efficient.

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base