OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Pin or Stick important emails at the top of your Inbox

Option to be able to pin or stick important emails at the top of your inbox regardless of the date and time they were received when sorted by date. Also consider this scenario: Option to be able to pin someone automatically when we reply or send new mail.

We PIN all the “must” people in the CC so it will save our time in putting all the people in the CC every time we send mail. Plus, since there are a lot of “must” people to be filled out in CC, there may be some mistake to not include some people. We would like to avoid such problem.

1,974 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to request this feature. As part of our investigation on adding this capability, we ask that you please help us gather additional information on how you use Pin. This helps us to prioritize and design the feature to be exactly what you need to get more done!

Please use the below link to access a short survey about Pin:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRw5gloQAwU9FsNCWoIS-EbBUN0JGRk9IU0VHVFBWMVdFODdKRFBVVUVKRC4u

328 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Edward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing many of us, almost 3 years and hundreds of comments later and still cannot see light at the end of tunnel? Either the whole uservoice team sleeping on the job, or this uservoice platform itself is one big white elephant. So which one is it MS? At the very least openly acknowledge if you encounter difficulties implementing it after the said OWA beta, and what is target timeline to resolve it, and not leave it open-ended. Or, perhaps there is written guideline somewhere that says suggestion must have certain amount of upvotes (e.g.: 1000 or more) before technical manager willing to assign resources to work on the issue and another certain amount of upvotes (e.g.: 1million or more) before the feature is implemented. Again, cannot even see any light at the end of the tunnel, or rather, cannot even be sure if there is tunnel in the first place.
    Can someone tell me if the above is considered abuse as per terms of service.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to do this in the desktop program. I love to pin documents that I am working on in Excel or Word to the Open Window in order to find them quickly and would love to do it in Outlook desktop.

I agree that this should be an option in Outlook 2016. I have used Scott S's solution mentioned below for now and it seems to work. however, I use categories and conditional formatting to organize my emails and would like to be able to pin items without flagging them.

This would be very helpful in managing the hundreds of emails per day I receive so I don't lose one that I want to deal with later. Please bring this to outlook desktop for windows. thanks.

• Scott S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can already be done. I've been doing it for years. Click the view tab in the ribbon, then choose View Settings. In the window that appears choose "group by" and choose "flag status, descending" then go to "sort" and choose "received, descending" Now if you flag a message it will jump to the very top of your screen. You can also "collapse" and "expand" the section if they get in the way.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. PLEASE add this feature.
    2. WHY do you solicit feedback and then ignore it for two years?

Lets do it. It's been a long time coming, so, carry on and *********! We will be so happy!

• Marily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a totally awesome option. I was able to use it for a little while and it was super helpful so important emails I need to follow up on don't get lost in the list.

Feedback and Knowledge Base