OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Pin or Stick important emails at the top of your Inbox

Option to be able to pin or stick important emails at the top of your inbox regardless of the date and time they were received when sorted by date.

1,912 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to request this feature. As part of our investigation on adding this capability, we ask that you please help us gather additional information on how you use Pin. This helps us to prioritize and design the feature to be exactly what you need to get more done!

Please use the below link to access a short survey about Pin:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRw5gloQAwU9FsNCWoIS-EbBUN0JGRk9IU0VHVFBWMVdFODdKRFBVVUVKRC4u

323 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just adding my frustration that this feature is not available on the desktop app. Come on y'all. Simple feature

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my vote to the list. @Microsoft, can we please get the pin function added to the Outlook windows application? Thanks!

• Steen Pedersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This have been possible in Outlook on the web for years, I wonder why this option is still not in the fat Outlook. I really miss this feature, to be able to pin messages "for later attention" to the top.

• Konstantinos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is amazing how many people need this feature! (thought it was just me..) - Again, the features should be identical for Outlook 365 and for the Desktop Outlook 2016!

There are so many available RULES, but not the pinning option..? please, provide a solution asap!

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be able to pin a message. Ridiculous that you can't in this version of Outlook. Please fix it so it works across all devices. Some of us still work in an actual Office when the focus seems to be on mobile devices. Thanks

Ik wil een mail vastzetten boven aan in het scherm in een submap.
    Ik kan geen pin toevogen

• Losers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Throwing in my vote here as well. We already have pinning for the web-browser version, but please give us this option for the Windows Microsoft Office 365/2016-edition as well (the "outlook.exe" version!)

• Stefani Bignell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are so many votes on this and yet there are other features getting added that had way less votes than this one does. What the heck, Microsoft??

I use the "Pin" feature a lot on the web.

I woud ike the emails that are "Pinned" to show-up as Pinned in Outlook for Windows and vice-versa

• Edward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing many of us, almost 3 years and hundreds of comments later and still cannot see light at the end of tunnel? Either the whole uservoice team sleeping on the job, or this uservoice platform itself is one big white elephant. So which one is it MS? At the very least openly acknowledge if you encounter difficulties implementing it after the said OWA beta, and what is target timeline to resolve it, and not leave it open-ended. Or, perhaps there is written guideline somewhere that says suggestion must have certain amount of upvotes (e.g.: 1000 or more) before technical manager willing to assign resources to work on the issue and another certain amount of upvotes (e.g.: 1million or more) before the feature is implemented. Again, cannot even see any light at the end of the tunnel, or rather, cannot even be sure if there is tunnel in the first place.
    Can someone tell me if the above is considered abuse as per terms of service.

I would love to be able to do this in the desktop program. I love to pin documents that I am working on in Excel or Word to the Open Window in order to find them quickly and would love to do it in Outlook desktop.

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base