OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Pin or Stick important emails at the top of your Inbox

Option to be able to pin or stick important emails at the top of your inbox regardless of the date and time they were received when sorted by date. Also consider this scenario: Option to be able to pin someone automatically when we reply or send new mail.

We PIN all the “must” people in the CC so it will save our time in putting all the people in the CC every time we send mail. Plus, since there are a lot of “must” people to be filled out in CC, there may be some mistake to not include some people. We would like to avoid such problem.

2,000 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to request this feature. As part of our investigation on adding this capability, we ask that you please help us gather additional information on how you use Pin. This helps us to prioritize and design the feature to be exactly what you need to get more done!

Please use the below link to access a short survey about Pin:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRw5gloQAwU9FsNCWoIS-EbBUN0JGRk9IU0VHVFBWMVdFODdKRFBVVUVKRC4u

330 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook.com has got this feature and it looks very useful and intuitive to use.

• YB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just looking for a "how to" and surprised to find the option does not yet exist. Looking forward to the option. yb

• PG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must-have feature for any modern email client, thank you!

• Garrett Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I exclusively use the web based outlook.com application through internet explorer because of this one reason. Once the ability to pin/stick emails to the top of my inbox in outlook 2016 (and to synchronize online with the web based app) then I will jump in and start using Outlook 2016.

I want to be able to flag emails and pin them to the top without any extra sorting. Just like I can online. Online I can flag and email, I can pin an email to the top, and I can do both. Very effective in prioritizing my work.

• David Lovell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be great. Annoying that it's available in OWA, but not in desktop outlook. Would also need the facility to show in both desktop outlook and owa...

• Toby Hallam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Normally its something that's in outlook is ported to Outlook.com rather than the other way around! Such a great feature that's greatly needed.

• Peter Fattore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They do this for the web interface, but the mobile app and the desktop app don't use this.

• Moirty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful to have the option to pin folders in the "Move" drop down menu. I frequently use a handful of folders but they often scroll off. This forces me to scroll through a long list to find them again.

Of course, adding a folder quick search function would ease the ability to find folders too.

• Kev Seeruthun (MCT) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can already be done, the desktop version anyway.
    Flag any important email for follow up and click on the flag column header to sort your emails with flagged emails to the top.
    All other emails will follow your pre-existing sort convention

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By the way, you allow the pin process (sticky) in Outlook365 / mail.outlook.com, which is a pin function. But not in the core outlook programme - odd that you do in one, but not in the other.
    Pin in normal outlook please.
    Also, if I open emails at home using outlook365 online, then come to work, any pins are not recognised across the 2 interfaces. Thx!

• Duncan Drury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flagging could do this easily, if Outlook 2016 included the quick access to the Flagged filter as it does in Outlook Web. Filter to unread is not enough (and less important!)

• SP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pin emails to top of inbox/ any folder, like on the outlook website.

Feedback and Knowledge Base