OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Pin or Stick important emails at the top of your Inbox

Option to be able to pin or stick important emails at the top of your inbox regardless of the date and time they were received when sorted by date.

1,917 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to request this feature. As part of our investigation on adding this capability, we ask that you please help us gather additional information on how you use Pin. This helps us to prioritize and design the feature to be exactly what you need to get more done!

Please use the below link to access a short survey about Pin:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRw5gloQAwU9FsNCWoIS-EbBUN0JGRk9IU0VHVFBWMVdFODdKRFBVVUVKRC4u

323 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Lovell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be great. Annoying that it's available in OWA, but not in desktop outlook. Would also need the facility to show in both desktop outlook and owa...

• Toby Hallam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Normally its something that's in outlook is ported to Outlook.com rather than the other way around! Such a great feature that's greatly needed.

• Moirty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful to have the option to pin folders in the "Move" drop down menu. I frequently use a handful of folders but they often scroll off. This forces me to scroll through a long list to find them again.

Of course, adding a folder quick search function would ease the ability to find folders too.

• Kev Seeruthun (MCT) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This can already be done, the desktop version anyway.
    Flag any important email for follow up and click on the flag column header to sort your emails with flagged emails to the top.
    All other emails will follow your pre-existing sort convention

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By the way, you allow the pin process (sticky) in Outlook365 / mail.outlook.com, which is a pin function. But not in the core outlook programme - odd that you do in one, but not in the other.
    Pin in normal outlook please.
    Also, if I open emails at home using outlook365 online, then come to work, any pins are not recognised across the 2 interfaces. Thx!

• Duncan Drury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flagging could do this easily, if Outlook 2016 included the quick access to the Flagged filter as it does in Outlook Web. Filter to unread is not enough (and less important!)

• SP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pin emails to top of inbox/ any folder, like on the outlook website.

i have a client the can not print an email from outlook. that is when they go to file/print in the preview pane it just shows a computer syemble on the page and that is it. They could copy to the desk top and print but they want the email heading printed also. Can you help

• Brett Hood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would find this extremely useful as I have found this in office 365 online for my workplace and the ability to do this would be awesome. I don't want to have to use sorting functions for flags when this seems like it could be another useful feature on the program

You can achieve this by sorting emails by flag status, then by date.

However folder-settings copy engine should be fixed, because even when I apply folder settings to all other folders, it just doesn't happen and/or persists.

• Nathan Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another way to solve this is to group by priority and then by conversation. The highest priority email in the conversation would be used.

I've been swamped so my inbox has gotten out of hand. It feels daunting to get caught up without the items in a good priority order.

• Adam Lein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We already have that. Add a flag to the email and create a view that sorts them with flagged emails at the top and then sorts the rest by date.

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base