OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Pin or Stick important emails at the top of your Inbox

Option to be able to pin or stick important emails at the top of your inbox regardless of the date and time they were received when sorted by date. Also consider this scenario: Option to be able to pin someone automatically when we reply or send new mail.

We PIN all the “must” people in the CC so it will save our time in putting all the people in the CC every time we send mail. Plus, since there are a lot of “must” people to be filled out in CC, there may be some mistake to not include some people. We would like to avoid such problem.

1,974 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to request this feature. As part of our investigation on adding this capability, we ask that you please help us gather additional information on how you use Pin. This helps us to prioritize and design the feature to be exactly what you need to get more done!

Please use the below link to access a short survey about Pin:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRw5gloQAwU9FsNCWoIS-EbBUN0JGRk9IU0VHVFBWMVdFODdKRFBVVUVKRC4u

328 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add it PLEASE.

Outlook. com has it as does Office 365. Unfortunately, I have to use the desktop app for work. For the life of me can't under why the clunky online Outlook.com app has it and the Outlook 2016 program doesn't.

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ADD it!!! Life saver with office 365 now I don't have the feature anymore.

• Ally Headley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be so beneficial! Love the option on the Outlook 365 version but recently switched to the desktop app and it makes life so difficult. Thanks!

• Robert Wells commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me to the list of Office-365 and Outlook 2016 users who'd like to see pinned emails highlighted/pinned to the top of the Inbox.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, pinning at the top is the best feature of the web version. Soooo annoying you can't do it with Outlook 2016.

• Mo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this on the Outlook 2016. Its on the web based version, but not desktop which is weird.

• Ma Yunwei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a freeze pane for Folder Navigation. So no matter how I scroll downwards, I can always see my "Important" folder at the top. This allows me to monitor incoming email to "Important" all the time.

If I can do this in OWA why can't I do it in the fully fleshed out Outlook 2016 Client?

How do I unpin a message? I accidentally pinned one and now no matter what message I click on, it opens the pinned message. Help! This sucks.

Outlook.com has got this feature and it looks very useful and intuitive to use.

• YB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just looking for a "how to" and surprised to find the option does not yet exist. Looking forward to the option. yb

Feedback and Knowledge Base