OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Option of third time zone for viewing calendars or

Option to add a third time zone option for viewing Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016 or provide Timezone swap button on the ribbon. Right now, to swap timezones, you need to go to options calendar timezone swap. It would be great to have a button in the ribbon, where this can be done with 1 click. Also, there is no way to customize the ribbon to do the timezone swap as a button, everything Ive read is a VBA\VBS script that needs to be written to do this. Also it is handy when you travel a lot and you want to swap time-zones used on the left of the calendar. There is a swap option in the file/options/calendar but it is inconvenient to get to. If it is possible to make it or set it as a command so it can be added to the quick access toolbar would be much appreciated.

544 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jamie Mac shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi again,

The option to show a 3rd time zone is now available in Outlook for Office 365 subscribers!

For customers receiving Monthly updates, this new option is available in Version 1805 (released in May 2018). For customers receiving Semi-Annual updates, this new option is available in Version 1808 (released to Semi-Annual Targeted in Sept 2018; coming to Semi-Annual Broad in Jan 2019).

To access the new option: From Outlook > File > Options > Calendar (tab) and scroll down to Time Zones.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Thanks,
Jenn

209 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if I could have a short list of US time zones. The way it displays so many timezones makes the timezone function almost useless

• Judy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggestion: Have Time Zones attached to each individual's calendar.

For Example: when I open up Johan Smith's calendar (and his office is in Vienna), the corresponding time zone would automatically appear next to my own time zone or next to Mr. Smith's calendar. If there were an option to link Johan Smith's calendar to his own time zone, this would be a great time-saver. I am constantly changing time zones on the calendar function because of the multiple zones in which I have to book meetings.

• P Cause commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you travel a lot you want to swap timezones used on the left of the calendar. there is a swap option in the file/options/calendar but it is inconvenient to get to. how about making this a command so it can be added to the quick access toolbar.

This is a joke. First off the daylight savings does not work for secondary time zone. This is 2018 and Microsoft can't get this simple task right. Secondly limiting us to only 2 time zones???? Microsoft do you only work in 2 time zones? I have to plan meetings on a daily bases... I want to see China, India, Europe, America time zones when I plan a meeting. This seems elementary. After all it is 2018 and you are a global company. FIX THESE 2 ISSUES !! Actually we need more than 3 time zones... !!!!

This is a joke. First off the daylight savings does not work for secondary time zone. This is 2018 and Microsoft can't get this simple task right. Secondly limiting us to only 2 time zones???? Microsoft do you only work in 2 time zones? I have to plan meetings on a daily bases... I want to see China, India, Europe, America time zones when I plan a meeting. This seems elementary. After all it is 2018 and you are a global company. FIX THESE 2 ISSUES !!

Great - I've been enjoying this since the May release. It would be even better if the time zones were available in the meeting scheduler interface itself. Seeing them on the calendar is one thing, but seeing them when you're scheduling a meeting is another.

For that matter, when looking at the scheduling grid, you don't know what time zone you're looking at. Knowing that can be far more useful than a colleague's free/busy time.

Times zones have never worked fully-properly in Outlook.

Please fix the error that UTC (GMT-0) and BST (GMT+1) are not in sync... 28 October until 31 March 2019 will be when they will match again in Outlook. This problem of times zones not matching needs to be addressed so that those who of us who schedule customers in other times zones using Outlook can do so without error.

Did anyone ever get anywhere with this? I guess with Office 365 there is supposedly the option to add a 3rd Time Zone, however I'm working in Office Professional Plus 2016 and It is not there. If it is, I'd love to know where. Thanks

Working truly globally (CET, EST, Melbourne) I need more timezones visible. I also need Outlook to follow Windows time zome.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was there and then it disappeared! It was great for that one day.

• jovenquinit@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can get the third time zone in Outlook if you to the latest update.
    Monthly Channel - Version 1807 (Build 10325.20118 Click-to-Run)

I also do not have the option to add a 3rd time zone. Has anyone figured out the remedy for this?

• Leslie Hawk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just looked to add a 3rd timezone and the option is not available in Outlook 2016 though it says that it is when you look at the instructions. Any suggestions?

• T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need like 4 or 5 time zone options next to my calendar. Two is not enough.

• Sam Vanhoutte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you are planning meetings in a week where you will be abroad (in a different timezone), it would be great to configure "trips" in Outlook , so that the calendar shows the actual time of day automatically based on where you will be at that time.
    At the moment, I am planning a trip in a timezone 9 hours behind and it's requires too much configuration and thinking.

Hi, only 2 time zones are available ! Did the 3rd time zone got implemented ? If yes how ???
    Thanks

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base