OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Cancelled Appointment should stay in Outlook Calendar

Cancelled meetings status should stay in the Outlook Calendar. I would like to see "Cancelled" as a status option in a meeting.

109 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PJ Bryant shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nichole Bradford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide the option to keep and display cancelled meetings or at least keep the content. I have a need to cancel a meeting, but will have to reschedule at a later date which is still to be decided. Rather than cancel and lose all of the relevant information, I'd like the option to keep. This was an option in another service I used and was very useful.

• Martyn Lovell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I want to cancel a recurring meeting, I want the past instances to remain on the calendar at the time they happened. If I use the cancel option, all instances are deleted (wrong). Instead, I have to change the end date to today and send an update. But this looks to recipients as if I am changing the meeting, not terminating the series.

• redcantelope commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Rose R.:put notes in the appointment when you reschedule it.

Markus: send a "Tentative" response with a note that you have a competing appointment.

• rose r. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the option to right click and copy an appointment from one date to another. For example, if a client reschedules an appointment, I could keep track of the canceled appointments and how many times they have rescheduled by leaving the original appointment on the date of the first appointment. And then copy the appointment to the new date and time. Thank you

• Markus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This definitely will help in managing appointments!
    I have to decline meetings because more important ones come in - only to realize that those important ones are being cancelled and I don't see the old ones any more.

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base