OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Email Confirmation on Emails Sent - Read receipt notification

Email Confirmation on Emails Sent. I do not like bothering my clients. But I would like to know if they have received my invoice I emailed

82 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michael Wiseman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Microsoft Support Tier 3 responded  · 

Currently, Outlook 2016 offers the capability to set a delivery receipt confirmation on an email. Please provide more details about the feature that you would like to see.

21 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dan Jensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be most helpful to know if an email was opened without having to ask for a read receipt. I can withdraw an email if it has not been read, but if it has been read, I can not get it back. So there is someway to know that the email has been opened. I would like to have the option of knowing if the email was opened.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

restore tracking pane for sent e-mails showing who and when the mail was read.

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had not received a response to an email I sent a few days ago and wondered if the recipient had received and read it. I was unable to determine if I had remembered to request delivery and read receipts.

i don't like have to click every time i send an email so i can have a read receipt please make an option where it can do it automatically when you send an email

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

need to receive reply from by customer that they have received my email

• Nabran Aboubacar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lot of users send corporate newsletter like emails. And it will easier to track read receive status without prompting user. Like calendar appointment tracking , there too you need to avoid confirmation by email, no need cause the main goal is to have that in formation.

• Emmanuel Kwalombota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please make adding the option for a read receipt easier. Something like a tick box. At the moment you have to go through a lot to add this and you cant turn it on/off for a single message; its a change applied to all your messages.

It was a lot easier in previous versions so i cant understand why it was changed.

• Steve Gabrielli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to sort the Tracking information (at least by the "Read" column as it would make seeing who did not read the email much easier.

• Bobbie Jo Haggard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable Outlook 2016 and Office 365 to utilize the tracking of emails being received and read. AND... please put instructions on how this can be completed so that the average user can locate them.

Put the option to request a read receipt back on the "Home" and "message" tabs. It is such a pain to find it every time and the idea of permanently adding it to ask for a receipt every time is annoying. Just give us the choice to ask for it or not in a spot we don't have to hunt for it.

Somethings were better left alone rather than changing them. Do the people who come up with these changes actually use the programs in a real life setting?

• S G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How? I'm going round in circles trying to find out how to set up the things I liked about my emails before. Generally it doesn't seem to do anything. I can't block senders or put something in spam/junk. I haven't got an address book etc etc etc........

← Previous 1

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base