OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Unified Inbox for Outlook 2016

Outlook needs a unified Inbox similar to the Outlook for iOS app. For those of us with multiple email accounts it would be very convenient to have all emails arrive in one inbox; perhaps color-coded to show which account they were delivered to.

1,816 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

462 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll be damned if I subscribe to Office 365 for another year without this being fixed. The Apple version of Outlook (Mail) is ages ahead compared to Outlook - and it's FREE for gods sake! The least thing we can do as customers are to stop paying subscription fees and instead find alternatives to Outlook if MS doesn't listen to their users.

Shame on you, Microsoft. Shame!

• Pablo Arias Máiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable that all other platforms have it, you name it. Android, iOS... But windows?? Come on, it's supposed to be the core application!!!!

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this core product of Office 365 desktop does not have this

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More of the 'conversation':

Adrian,
        The issue raised in my submission is, by far and away, my biggest concern with the Windows Desktop Outlook app. It, apparently, is a huge concern for your many other users of your product. The only concern that comes anywhere near that is the overt lack of action and any response to the topic. To cite a disconnect between the programmers and the other departments of Microsoft and your customers is also a concern. It makes the whole process meaningless and frustrating. Much of the sales pitch for your office suite is about helping teams work together and productively, yet Microsoft itself doesn’t seem to espouse those values internally.

I, and most people it would seem, see this failing – and in particular regard to this issue - as pathetic.

Sent: Thursday, 8 November, 2018 09:06
        To: Michael Standen <MDL@merimbuladiverslodge.onmicrosoft.com>
        Subject: [Ticket #:11963250]

Your request (11963250) has been updated. To add additional comments, please reply to this email.

 Adrian (Microsoft)
        Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:05 PM GMT

Hi Michael,

Good day!
        I would just like to follow-up with your concern. Do you still have any other quesitons or concerns? Please feel free to reply to this email.

Take care and have a great day!

Thanks,
        Adrian
        Office 365 Support.

 Adrian (Microsoft)
        Monday, November 5, 2018 11:49 PM GMT

Hi Michael,

Good day!

Thank you for your reply. I understand your concern about this but unfortunately we don't really have a contact with the programmers side. We too, the support team, sometimes don't have an idea with are the new updates are being rolled out in Office apps and with Office 365. The programmers don't also have a road map that shows what updates they're will roll out in the upcoming patches of Office apps. And the idea is already out on the user voice, so the programmers did already had a look at this so it now really depends on them on when it will become a reality. As much as i want to help, there's no other way but to just really wait for the future updates and hopefully this idea will be release in one of those updates. I understand that you really wanted that future so i tried to check for any workarounds about this for now. You could refer to this link as a workaround on how to set-up a unified inbox but this will just apply to the Outlook desktop - https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/set-up-universal-inbox-outlook

Let me know if you still have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,
        Adrian
        Office 365 Support.

MDL@merimbuladiverslodge.onmicrosoft.com (Merimbula Divers Lodge)
        Thursday, November 1, 2018 11:56 PM GMT

Hi,
        Thanks for your response.
        I have already voted on the Uservoice forum on this issue. I note that there are over 1700 votes for this feature, over 400 comments, and that the issue was raised nearly three years ago (February 2016). In all that time, there has been no comment nor any other response from Microsoft. It is extremely frustrating to see updates come out time after time rectifying issues and implementing features, except for the feature that everybody wants.
        So, given that its been two years and eight months, with no action or feedback from you (Microsoft), I’m not confident, have no way of knowing, that your programmers are even aware of the issue and the strong feeling it is generating.
        Perhaps some investigation and a response, other than just metaphorically shrugging your shoulders, would be appropriate?

Sincerely,
        Michael Standen.

 Adrian (Microsoft)
        Thursday, November 1, 2018 11:09 PM GMT

Hi Admin,

Good day!
        Regarding your concern, we don't really have an ETA for when will the unified inbox be available in Outlook. Hopefully our engineers will be able to apply these on the future updates, but for now it is still not available. I suggest that you vote this up on the Outlook uservoice since it is already posted there, here's the link for that idea - https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/322590-outlook-2016-for-windows/suggestions/11693799-unified-inbox-for-outlook-2016

Thanks,
        Adrian
        Office 365 Support.

 Microsoft
        Thursday, November 1, 2018 10:11 PM GMT

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support. A new support case has been opened for your organization, and an expert will review the details you provided and get back to you as soon as possible.

For your reference:
        • Case #: 11963250
        • Created on: Friday, November 2, 2018 9:11 AM
        • Description: when are we going to get a unified inbox for outlook windows desktop? No

Remember, Microsoft will never ask for your password as part of any support interaction. Also, please don’t send any financial or personal information in email.

Thanks,
        Microsoft Support

Tracking ID: 8d2933f8-51f4-4936-9f1

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this core product of Office 365 desktop does not have this fundamental and easy-to-implement feature in 2018. Most of other competitors (even Outlook in other platforms) already have it. This feature must be prioritised for development, as it is annoying clicking each and every Inbox to view the new emails.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Interaction with Microsoft Office Help desk today:

Hi,
        Thanks for your response.
        I have already voted on the Uservoice forum on this issue. I note that there are over 1700 votes for this feature, over 400 comments, and that the issue was raised nearly three years ago (February 2016). In all that time, there has been no comment nor any other response from Microsoft. It is extremely frustrating to see updates come out time after time rectifying issues and implementing features, except for the feature that everybody wants.
        So, given that its been two years and eight months, with no action or feedback from you (Microsoft), I’m not confident, have no way of knowing, that your programmers are even aware of the issue and the strong feeling it is generating.
        Perhaps some investigation and a response, other than just metaphorically shrugging your shoulders, would be appropriate?

Sincerely,
        Michael Standen.

Sent: Friday, 2 November, 2018 10:25
        To: Michael Standen <MDL@merimbuladiverslodge.onmicrosoft.com>
        Subject: [Ticket #:11963250]

Your request (11963250) has been updated. To add additional comments, please reply to this email.

 Adrian (Microsoft)
        Thursday, November 1, 2018 11:09 PM GMT

Hi Admin,

Good day!
        Regarding your concern, we don't really have an ETA for when will the unified inbox be available in Outlook. Hopefully our engineers will be able to apply these on the future updates, but for now it is still not available. I suggest that you vote this up on the Outlook uservoice since it is already posted there, here's the link for that idea - https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/322590-outlook-2016-for-windows/suggestions/11693799-unified-inbox-for-outlook-2016

Thanks,
        Adrian
        Office 365 Support.

 Microsoft
        Thursday, November 1, 2018 10:11 PM GMT

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support. A new support case has been opened for your organization, and an expert will review the details you provided and get back to you as soon as possible.

For your reference:
        • Case #: 11963250
        • Created on: Friday, November 2, 2018 9:11 AM
        • Description: when are we going to get a unified inbox for outlook windows desktop? No

Remember, Microsoft will never ask for your password as part of any support interaction. Also, please don’t send any financial or personal information in email.

Thanks,
        Microsoft Support

Tracking ID: 8d2933f8-51f4-4936-9f19-26c0b69a577e

• Brian Bastean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can Microsoft provide an update on where this sits on a priority list? I don't understand why it would take so long.

• Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a no-brainer. Come on MSFT, you already have it for your Outlook ios app so why on earth would you not implement it on your desktop version??!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i CANT BELIEVE YOU CAN DO THIS ON THE MOBILE BUT THEY REFRAIN FROM DOING THIS ON DESKTOP! CRAZY!

• EMMANUEL DUPUIS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Set up a view that shows the content of all inbox of all the accounts. For the moment I can only use a filter which is annoying. This view should show all content read or not of any inbox of any account ( like Google is doing in GMAIL FOR MOBILE)

• David Avery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using a free mail app EMclient that does this. I can't believe I pay for a MS subscription use an exchange server and still can't do this! I had it on my Mac and now sorely miss it. Please, please add this in.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base