OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Unified Inbox for Outlook 2016

Outlook needs a unified Inbox similar to the Outlook for iOS app. For those of us with multiple email accounts it would be very convenient to have all emails arrive in one inbox; perhaps color-coded to show which account they were delivered to.

1,976 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

515 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mitul@neelagro.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very difficult to manage different email accounts with different folders, cuts down your efficiency drastically. If all(desired) email accounts can be unified and default reply by the same account that the mail has arrived in than Can HIGHLY increase my efficiency.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apple integrates inboxes, notes, contacts seamlessly. I would think this would be a solution anyone would appreciate that has more than one email account.

I want to go to ONE Inbox to see emails from the various email addresses I use, WITHOUT having to set up many tedious rules! Same goes for Sent Items. All emails I send should go to/be copied to ONE Sent Items folder. Apple has figured this out years ago, why not Microsoft for Outlook??

• Ashton Hogan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook needs a unified Inbox similar to the Outlook for iOS app. For those of us with multiple email accounts it would be very convenient to have all emails arrive in one inbox. Same goes for Sent, Trash, etc. A unified accounts view basically.

It would be great if there would be a folder or something like that which would have all incoming or unread email from different email accounts in one place for easier reading and managing.

• Todd Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have multiple email boxes and like them being in separate folders but also would like option that allows an all folders view. See iPhone mail program for example. You can select individual account folders or view an all mailbox folder that combine them all. It allows you to make sure you see all new messages without having to open each inbox while still being able to house them in their individual inboxes by account.

• Steve Connelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is there no VIP feature in Outlook for Windows. Its an essential item when dealing with 000's of emails across multiple accounts. Just like the lack of Unified Inbox it seems the PC versions of MS Apps are getting shafted once again.

Just upgraded to Outlook 365 and realize now that you can no longer have a unified inbox for multiple POP accounts. Why would you remove this basic feature that was available in previous versions? Can you provide an update as to if and when this functionality will be added? If not soon, I will have to cancel subscription and move to a different mail client. With multiple accounts, the lack of efficiency is intolerable.

• Simon Hetzel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2nd highest voted item here, been suggested over and over again for at least 5 years. STILL nothing from MS....

• Julio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to have one unified inbox to view two or more accounts inbox in one place

From 'Outlook for Mac 2011'- 'Help' section:
        "By default, the Outlook folder list groups similar folders, such as inboxes, from all of your mail and Microsoft Exchange accounts. This feature can make it easier to read all your messages at once, without having to move around between mail folders."
        This works perfectly and I will not upgrade to another version of Office as long as a Unified Inbox as available in Outlook for Mac 2011 is not available.

• Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a neophyte when it comes to computers and my terminology may not be accurate but I will do my best to describe my suggestion. Currently, in Outlook I have three (3) Inboxes, i.e., **********@gmail.com, gmail and Outlook Backup. In **********@gmail, com, I have what is in my Inbox at the present time, and in gmail and Outlook Backup there are all of my personal, saved e-mail folders. And, each of these Inboxes contain some of the same file names with different saved e-mails in them. Apparently, because gmail and Outlook Backup are two separate accounts, they cannot be combined in order to have one, central location where e-mails can be stored. As a result, I have e-mails under that same "heading" located in two different locations which makes it very difficult to locate saved e-mails.

I would like to suggest to Microsoft developers they devise a way to combine two separate accounts that would allow customers to combine the accounts which would make it easy to locate saved e-mails.

Thank you for considering my suggestion.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would strongly support this request. All Microsoft's competitors seem to be able to produce some kind of Unified Inbox and IOS even have a unified Sent box.

• Steve Connelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why wont you sort this out. You spends massive amounts of time telling people its not available, why not just save us all some frustration and put the feature back in, after all it was in early versions.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base