OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Unified Inbox for Outlook 2016

Outlook needs a unified Inbox similar to the Outlook for iOS app. For those of us with multiple email accounts it would be very convenient to have all emails arrive in one inbox; perhaps color-coded to show which account they were delivered to.

2,234 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

582 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does Microsoft want Windows 10 to die? Outlook is great on the Mac, iOS, Android, and completely miserable on Windows 10! Even the Windows 10 mail has a unified inbox. I guess Microsoft only cares about business partners on Windows 10.

• Erick Rabins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Save your breath, this request has been made for years with complete disdain by MS. Their customer responsiveness is non-existent - i'm just waiting for an alternative product to dump Outlook. How hard can it be to add this feature?

• ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got a Windows machine for the first time after 30+ years using only Macs and am utterly shocked that there is no unified inbox in the latest version of Outlook, let alone unified sent, etc. I have 5 different accounts and this is a crucial feature for me. Why doesn't Microsoft listen to their users?? I'm off to find another email client now.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the humble Windows 10 Mail app can combine multiple accounts' inboxes and sent items very seamlessly and effectively, then there is NO excuse for an august application like M.S. Outlook to studiously be refusing to do the same.

• Dominkovic Daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer a global inbox folder.

This folder shows all inbox mails of different accounts (outlook, gmail, gmx, etc).

• S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice, if there was an option to show all new incoming e-mails in one Inbox. That way it would be much easier to check my new e-mails from different accounts, you can do it with Thunderbird, would be nice, if Outlook could do it, too.

• David McKibbin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such a basic omission and without the unified inbox, a real frustration. Outlook's function would be dramatically improved by this simple inclusion

Create a unified mailbox in Outlook 2016 similar to Windows Mail where received, sent, deleted mails from multiple Email accounts are shown in unified folders and any actions on in the unified folders are reflected in the source mailbox.

• Ray Rankins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your own Outlook Mobile app can do this, so acne the iOS mail app, as well as many other desktop email programs. It really is time for it to be added to Outlook 2016 and Outlook 365

• Jonathan Hoppe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too have many emails. Clicking each inbox to see what is in there is a pain. We need to add to this with a combined view of inboxes we select, but still have the ability to go into individual inboxes.

• Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have at least 8 email addresses from various services. If there were smart folders: All in-boxes, unread, junk , the showed an overview of all unseen mailbox content in those categories in one place, it would make things much easier. At present I had to create short cuts in my Favorites areas to each in-box for email account. I think smart folders would simplify things (once new mail is viewed it can only be found in the mailbox it was sent to).

• José commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

French

Avoir une boite de réception "Toutes les boites", en cas d'utilisation de plusieurs messageries.

Have an inbox "All boxes", if using multiple couriers.

Avoir une boite de réception “Toutes les boites”, en cas d’utilisation de plusieurs messageries.

Have an inbox "All boxes", in case of use of several couriers.

• Alex Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This, along with the lack of Gmail calendar, tasks and contacts sync, is one of the few things that are missing from Outlook. So many other email clients can do this, but why not Outlook? Please implement this soon!

• Mathis Kirst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am still really sad of getting new emails. I use more than one email account and have the inbox of every account marked as favourite to see this compact on top. But: When Outlook checks for new messages, it doesnt show the count of new email for these directories. It only update, if i click into the favourite directory. That would be much more useful if i can see with one look, in which accounts how many new emails arrived.

You could improve the Desktop Outlook experience, if you really read the feedback and take YOUR customers feedback and requests seriously.
    This is a basic feature and, as far as i remember, requested since 2014.
    I think a lot of YOUR customers have the feeling, that most of the requests here are disappearing in the recently photographed black hole instead of finally realizing the most voted issues!

• RUMPLER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why not make a common inbox for all email addresses and mailing boxes?

Why not create a comune inbox at all email addresses? like at Apple

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base