OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Unified Inbox for Outlook 2016

Outlook needs a unified Inbox similar to the Outlook for iOS app. For those of us with multiple email accounts it would be very convenient to have all emails arrive in one inbox; perhaps color-coded to show which account they were delivered to.

2,121 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

553 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised to find that Outlook 2019 is still lacking a unified inbox. Incorporate into Outlook the unified-inbox feature that Apple, Google, and other mail client UIs have offered for years in their products.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's to describe, you took away one strong email feature from 2007 and didn't include it in the new version I just purchased. I feel robbed. I might as well have used any non-MS product that doesn't have what 2007 had. $$$$130.00 waisted.

• Jeff Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft! Are you deaf? You are making me use my MacBook, iPhone, etc. just for easy email. Eventually, I won't come back.

• Mr Dee. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook needs a Unified Inbox to manage multiple mail accounts. It has needed a Unified Inbox for more than 10 years. This is why I hate Microsoft with their... do it our way or not at all attitude. I have worked with prima donna software developers and I know what they are like when it comes to specific customer requirements. Well MS Outlook Developers... Your all fired!!!

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft developers...get your "groove" on and add a "Unified Inbox for Outlook 2016" (including Office 365 on my desktop). It's odd that your Outlook for Windows/PC does NOT have this feature; whereas your Apple Mac OS and Apple mobile device versions of Outlook do have it!

Link (unify) accounts for a quick view of all email accounts when you have multiple and also be able to view "All Inboxes" and "All Unread" emails in one folder.

• Jamshid Asadzadeh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What the **** is MS Outlook people working on?!!!! It's a shame that Outlook for Mac OS has this feature but the Windows version does not >:(

I want to see all my email in a linked inbox. So I do not have to look into each Inbox one at a time to see all my mail. I want it to function like my Windows Phone Inbox where I can easily link inboxes.

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can something this basic - which has been part of Outlook on previous versions AND in all other platforms - be missing? This is just absurd. My MacBook just died and I am trying to set up Outlook to match on my PC.

• Mark Schieldrop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am 100% in favor of this feature addition for the Outlook desktop client for Windows. I enjoy the unified inbox feature on MacOS and iOS tremendously and I'm always disappointed when I'm using Outlook on my PCs because of its absence. Please add the unified inbox to Outlook for Windows in a future update. You'd make me and many of my friends and colleagues happy.

This feature would make managing multiple inboxes much easier and would be an extreme lifesaver for people who are required to monitor multiple inboxes for work. It would also help people who have multiple email addresses for personal use (Outlook.com, gmail, AOL, etc). While many of us rely on a primary home and work email account, we often have legacy or trash accounts (used for shopping, e-commerce, one-time registrations, email newsletter accounts, forms we must fill in for coupon codes). The best part of having this feature is that using the traditional separate inbox format is not mutually exclusive.

You can also add a feature for system administrators to disable the option to enable the unified inbox via GPO or other means to address concerns in enterprise environments about mixed inboxes, which is valid.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - I just wasted 2 hours at the Microsoft Store and 3 hours at home trying to figure this out. Outlook is now a massive waste of time on my personal computer

• Venkatesh Chinnaswami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide an option to view emails from all mailboxes configured in outlook like an unified Inbox, Sent, Deleted Items, Drafts, Flagged Items, etc. This can replace the favourites section at the top of the mailbox. When we have multiple mailboxes, we can't afford to pin all the mailbox folders to favourites due to lack of space on the left panel. This will be an amazing feature to make Outlook standout.

it's nothing new. I am proposing the All Accounts collection box. This is an option for Outlook 365 on a PC. Similar to the one from the Mac or smatphones!

• Franck B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello

A feature that exists in EM Client but not in Outlook, the ability to group in a single folder unread emails from multiple accounts.

Is this feature being studied?

Thanking you in advance.
        Kind regards
        Franck

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base