OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Save attachment to weblocation,onedrive (as used in Word 2016)

Please add the option to save an attachment from outlook to onedrive. This should be similar to the option in Word 2016, where you can save to weblocations / onedrive.

70 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Cyril Mullink shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this still active as the requirement to select OneDrive destination folder, and ideally any SharePoint group folder destinations is needed. At present user needs to go into OneDrive to then move saved attachment to desired folder, or download and save-as.

• Jeff Harlow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with others, need more functionality here. Add Sharepoint sites (Groups) as an option like one sees when attaching a file. Support for Folders instead of just dropping it in the root.

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have the option to automatically upload an attachment to Onedrive (or another connected storage service) and send link as attachment like it does in outlook's web portal.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature works. But there is unfortunately no ability to choose which folder in onedrive it should go to.

It would be nice to see this expanded to include sharepoint too

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It says completed, but when I click on "completed" I can't find any related information. So is this or will this be implemented - and when?

• EagleAdam84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So thank you for implementing this, but, if you have a ginormous Sharepoint site or teams site, uploading to the root doesn't help much... can you upload to a specific folder within the onedrive/sharepoint library?

• AJB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still can't attach a file in Outlook 2016 Desktop version that is stored on SharePoint. It only shows me recent sites, but I am not able to navigate my site collection to other less used sites to attach a file.

• AJB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see it says completed, but when will we the feature be rolled out?

I think you should add one unique place to manage all attached files that help easily and instantly searchable. The current way to manage attached files is terrible.

• Dragan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Save outlook email message(including attachments) to any OneDrive folder with a single click.

• Evan Djikas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For files saved in the cloud, the options are Attach as File or Cloud Link. The Cloud link Defaults to "Everyone Can Edit." Should be something more secure, such as "Recipients Can View" or ability to edit the default.

More description can be found at https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e9142c4a-48cf-4c90-8982-af6db18b6275/changing-default-file-attachment-behavior-in-outlook-2016?forum=Office2016ITPro

• Drew Deitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new "How do you want to attach this file?" prompt when attaching a file (using the desktop Outlook app) has a big problem. You can toggle between the two options using arrow keys ("As a OneDrive link" or "As an Attachment), but you cannot select an option using the Enter key!!!

This seems actually more like a bug than a feature request. It's much slower than controlling pop-up via the keyboard.

Please turn on the Enter key.

Even better ... give us a default setting for this pop-up!

• Bentley Corbitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should implement direct login to other Cloud services. You can login directly to OneDrive from Office, but in todays world, less and less are relying on one Cloud solution, so it would be very helpful to integrate the ability to directly login from Office to Google Drive, DropBox, BOX, iCloud etc, not having to rely on 3rd party applications to make that connection every time.

• Niall Crotty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the rules to include an action to save an attachment to Onedrive. Rather than having to do this one by one. My use case is that I scan many documents and I receive the scanned files (PDFs) as attachments to emails with very consistent subjects (e.g. "Your Scanned Files"). Today I need to open each file and save the attachments manually to Onedrive (or onto my laptop). It woud be nice to have it done based on rules.

Need to be able to see SharePoint web location when attaching a file from a SharePoint location. Also being able to select a different SharePoint site collection would help too.

Right now you can only select recent places.

• Andrei M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Options needed for this feature:
    - choose destination folder in onedrive
    - [tick option] save all incoming attachements to onedrive folder

• Riley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option seems to be available now in the the latest Office ProPlus builds, however; it is not quite what we were expecting. When uploading a file it goes directly into the root of the user's OneDrive for Business space. It would be preferable to choose the folder in which the attachments drop into or at least put them into the Attachments folder.

• Andre Ch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why there is no option to upload a file to onedrive directly? It's needed in case of large attachments. As it stands now, we have to go to onedrive, upload the file there, then come back to outlook and choose the attach from onedrive option. Very unintuitive.

• Tyers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the Save to OneDrive feature but why do I need to save each attachment separately. Please add "save ALL to OneDrive"

← Previous 1

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base