OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Enable colored mailbox folders

MS Outlook 2013: I have many (sub-)folders in my mailbox and I already use the function "Show in favorites". But there are too many favorites and i scroll all the time in my POB to find the folder with mails that I need actually.

My idea of improvement:

Enable to set colors for the (sub-)folders in the mailbox, because the human brain links words with colors easier. So when I search e.g. the folder "Verbesserungsvorschläge", I don't need to search the written folder by eye. No, I can search by the color, that I defined for this folder. I mean, that the background around the letters of the foldername should have a color.

Best regards

Peter Uhlmann

451 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

peter.uhlmann@murrelektronik.depeter.uhlmann@murrelektronik.de shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

54 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please enable assigning color to folders or (!) exclamation to the folder.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear MS,

To be honest, we've been asking for this for like 10 years!!!
        Please listen to us.

-Quang-

PLEEEEEASE UPDATE TO ALLOW COLOUR CODING ON FOLDERS!

IT WOULD MAKE MY WORLD SO MUCH EASIER <3

• roberthall01@msn.comroberthall01@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree it is very frustrating when are looking at the same color folders. Color scheming would be so much more efficient and is a needed function in outlook. Please make it happen Microsoft. Other applications are doing better and I love your products.

• Mark ReedMark Reed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thought about this many times especially when you have many sub folders to look at.

• Julio ColonJulio Colon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an organized person,
        I would like to have the ability to color the OItlook mail folders or tree nodes (left pane),
        So I can quickly find a folder set when the folder structure is too long.

Use case:
        I would like to use blue for management and red for important messages I want to archive/move from my inbox. Delete and Junk Box would probably have a less noticeable color.

Yes! As a new user of Outlook 2016 it is a challenge to distinguish between all my personal folders, color coding would improve my productivity immensely!

Couldn't agree more - especially for use at work when you have multiple folders and sub folders. Seems to be in high demand for years now, what is going to be done?

I have 6 email accounts with similar folders so is tricky to workout which account you are looking at when scrolling through the folders list so this would be invaluable for me too !

Yes, color-coding of folders would be incredibly helpful and would seem to be a no brainer. Microsoft, can you break your silence on this issue? What are the reasons for not doing it?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I handle several mailboxes in my workday. We recently updated to Outlook 2016 & this job is now a nightmare. My productivity is way down as I cannot distinguish between the mailboxes easily. Using Categories is a waste of time and I have extensively used this option. What I need is a quick colour change between my mailboxes so I can drop my emails from one box to the other easily and efficiently. Please give us this option.

• Ralf LauerwaldRalf Lauerwald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With a lot of folders and subfolders, it is difficult to find one.
        It would be a great relief if I could assign individual colors to folders

It must be very complicated for them, Microsoft is no longer what it was
        Google would do better in one day

• Sylva KeshishianSylva Keshishian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep us customers happy and loyal - make the color folders available today - or at least announce when you expect to launch this function!

Please listen to us Microsoft. We have been asking for this colour folder functionality for nearly 10 years!!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base