OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Enable colored mailbox folders or Color coded All Unread Inbox

Enable to set colors for the (sub-)folders in the mailbox, because the human brain links words with colors easier. So when I search e.g. the folder "Verbesserungsvorschläge", I don't need to search the written folder by eye. No, I can search by the color, that I defined for this folder. I mean, that the background around the letters of the foldername should have a color.

Also, It would be great if there were an “All Unread” email from all different email inboxes. Then each mailbox inbox could have a different color and in the All Unread the emails from that inbox would be highlighted in that matching color. So you could have three email accounts and pick red for the 1st, blue for the 2nd and yellow for the 3rd. As new unread messages come into each email inbox, they would show up in the All Unread messages, highlighted with the color of the email inbox from which they came.

800 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

peter.uhlmann@murrelektronik.de shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

129 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is difficult to see when a different folder starts. create an option that allows for different colors for folders v. subfolders.

• JoseAntonio Barriga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent idea. I have many mail accounts so it will be very usefull for not beeing confused in whic aacount you are working.

• Tom Strade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if there were an "All Unread" email from all different email inboxes. Then each mailbox inbox could have a different color and in the All Unread the emails from that inbox would be highlighted in that matching color. So you could have three email accounts and pick red for the 1st, blue for the 2nd and yellow for the 3rd. As new unread messages come into each email inbox, they would show up in the All Unread messages, highlighted with the color of the email inbox from which they came.

• ZNR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Colored folders PLEASE - so hard to scroll through dozens of subfolders without knowing if I am in the parent or child folder unless i see a tiny arrow...color folder customization would make this painful experience go away!

• Chris Negelspach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add color options for the email folder names. This would give me a quick visual reference for filing emails and would also match the color coded meeting categories i have set up.

• gwen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create the possibility to differentiate folders for example by using colours. So it is possible to recognise main folders instantly

• Erick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should have been applied a hundred years ago. it is an awesome feature to look info by color instead of the boring look it has right now.

• Todd Ramsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the individual folders to be color coded in the Folder Pane view. This will allow easier faster scrolling through the folders when you have a large number of folders. If I could highlight a folder or sub-folder in this view it would speed up the time to search through my extensive list of folders and sub-folders in Outlook

• laitzz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been looking forward for Microsoft to do this, unfortunately nothing as yet!

• Christina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it would be great if we can color code Subfolders with in Outlook Client like we can color code tabs in Excel.

• Sean Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please implement this. Beggars beliefs that MS haven't added this feature yet when so many people have been requesting it for so long.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base