OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Schedule email in Inbox like on iPhone Outlook app!

Add the ability to schedule/archive emails like you can in the wonderful Outlook for iPhone app! Swiping two fingers to the right or left on the email to archive or schedule wonder be amazing!

You can swipe to the side and "Schedule" an email in the Inbox to go to a Scheduled folder until the time that you have it scheduled for when it shows up again in your Inbox at the time that you need to deal with it!

This is THE KILLER feature that would put Outlook far above all the rest!

676 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pat McGee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

95 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Billy Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Essential...shows how the software developers play to the *** appeal of the portable device...lame!

• Mike Mearman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used Baydin's Boomerang product to do this for at least a year, got upgraded to Outlook 2016 only to find out it doesn't support that version. Argh, I am lost without it...

• Scott Beeson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually created a custom view so I can flag messages for follow up and they will disappear until they are due. I did this to simulate Gmail's Inbox and didn't even know the function was built into the mobile Outlook client. I was super disappointed when I found it MS was smart enough to give us the feature but not for their primary client!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. It seems odd that it exists on the app and most competiiton has this as a standard these days but the desktop client is still lagging.

Please please please bring this to life.

• Wm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the feature to add. MS likely thinks this will lead users away from desktop Outlook. In reality the lack of the feature draws me away. I want to keep using desktop but the lack of this feature just keeps me off it more and more.
        And here we are, years after MS acquired this feature and still ... nothing.

• Edwin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My god it took me ages to find out that it's not available in the desktop version... WHY NOT.
        Please add this feature asap.

IT's the dumbest thing ever that this exists in the mobile app but not in the desktop app. Sigh. Yes. Add the feature.

• Mike Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

totally agree - it will remove the dependency on third party apps that hookin where we have no idea of underlying data transit that could drop us into compliance breach.
        strange there is no engineering comment from MS yet.

Yes please! I found this page looking for options to do this on my desktop, same as my phone..

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolutely +1 - PS: Everyone who wants this feature more quickly: Just search for the outlook addin Boomerang - I'm completely satisfied with it but it's lacking the mobile features...

Sometime I need send any messages, but I wil not, that the messages will be send immediatelly. I need send it according time requested by me.
        For example writted mails during Weekend I will send at Monday Morning...

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base