OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Allow deletion from new email notification pop up

Allow users to delete an email via the new email notification that pops up like in older Windows versions along with an option to mark it as Read. This feature changed in Windows 10 and the delete function is no longer available.

833 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jenny shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

202 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing what all others have already said - for the love of all that is holy - why would you remove useful features in your 'upgrade'?

Please bring back interactivity to the notifications in your fancy new action center for Outlook. It's a feature you've implemented on phones and tablets from what I see online.

Why wouldn't full-version desktop users not want the same functionality, which - by the way - we already had for years?

Be better please, Microsoft.

This feature is clearly liked by many, and taking it away makes your product worse.

• kelly mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring this back. You are now making me looking at emails I do not want twice. Once in the notification and then once in the outlook where I have to go to delete the message. This is a duplication of efforts

• Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Return to us the ability to delete e-mails from the popup notification as we have had in the past. It saves so much time.

Stop removing useful features.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the ability to delete an email in the notification window!

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not convinced this is (just) a Windows10 issue. I had been running Office 2010 in Win10 for over a year and was always able to delete a message from the desktop alert. I just upgraded to Office 2016 and no longer have this VERY USEFUL feature.

Please make this functionality available in Outlook 2016!

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not convinced this is a Windows10 issue. I had been running Office 2010 in Win10 for over a year and was always able to delete a message from the desktop alert. I just upgraded to Office 2016 and no longer have this VERY USEFUL feature.

Please make this functionality available in Outlook 2016!

• Mark Ranson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an IT Engineer and tested this and it does work. Currently running it to see if it causes any issues with add-ins running it this way but can't think of why there would be any.

==================================

Right-click on the file, choose Properties, click on the Compatibility tab. Under Compatibiity Mode check the box to run the program in compatibility mode and choose Windows 7 from the dropdown. Apply.

If you do not see a compatibility tab when you right click the outlook.exe file; follow these steps:

1: Right Click the .exe file

2: select troubleshoot compatibility

3: Select troubleshoot program
        4: check off: "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows..."

5: Select the latest version of windows this worked on (Windows 7, in my case)

6:Select Test the program

7: Click Next

8: Restart Outlook

9: You should be able to delete all incoming emails through the notification!

• ew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please bring back the feature to delete an email in the notification pop up. This feature is sorely missed.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please bring this back. Productivity with Win10 is already at an all time low. Don't ruin the apps as well!

Please bring back the ability to delete emails in the notification pop up. Thank you.

• Mandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the ability to delete emails in the notification pop up. Thank you.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Action Center notifications are awful. Bring back old-style Outlook notifications.

You do not improve your product, instead by removing functions we alll use, you are making users upset. Never forget we vote with our credit cards or operational budget. You are just a clic away.

Agree--terrible change so unproductive-please return deletion ability of pop-ups immediately

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base