OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Allow deletion from new email notification pop up

Allow users to delete an email via the new email notification that pops up like in older Windows versions along with an option to mark it as Read. This feature changed in Windows 10 and the delete function is no longer available.

394 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JennyJenny shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

103 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Best workaround until MS Office team gets MS Windows team to allow actions within the notification centre is to set OL to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode. This brings back the old OL notification with delete button, instead of the Windows 10 notification.

Details here https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/c3054385-c30e-42b0-89b9-1e6b5a05b383/instantly-delete-arriving-email-message-from-notification-windows-10?forum=outlook

• MaryMary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Outlook 2010 we had the ability to delete or mark messages read or unread directly from the desktop email alert that pops up. Now it is just an alert. It would be nice to be able to customize that alert to allow for those functions. Many times I am working on several documents or have many emails open but at the same time would like to quickly delete emails as the alerts pop up without having to minimize everything I am working on to get to the main inbox and do that.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The removal of this feature literally wastes an hours of time a month! Bring back the delete option!

Please bring back the delete feature for the new email notification popup. Our company has only a few people piloting the new windows 10 - It is on my top of the list as to what needs to be fixed. My email box is more cluttered now than ever!!!!

Why was such a helpful feature removed???? I just upgraded but now I want to go back. Why make things one MORE step.....

Provide a button on the Windows 10 notification when a new email arrives to mark it as read and dismiss the notification.

• John RJohn R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When ppl get many emails a day, being able to open or delete emails upon getting the notification is critical. This is yet another regressive piece of functionality when upgrading to Win10. Fix this now - do you guys use Outlook?

Please bring back the ability to delete emails directly from the desktop notification in Outlook 2016

Many emails that come in can be deleted right away and that feature was great to have. Could you please enable that feature once again in Windows 10 with Office 2016 (C2R)

• SofiaSofia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why was such a helpful feature removed???? I just upgraded but now I want to go back. Just submitted a request to return to previous version of windows. Geez.

Hey, folks over on the Office team, this is a regression, and is particularly egregious. You've removed a heavily-used feature from a UI with very few features to begin with, and which every Outlook 2016 customer sees by default, potentially dozens or hundreds of times a day. Hence the customer frustration below, and in other forums.

Please update root cause for this thing to regression, and triage accordingly.

• finalwordfinalword commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring this back! We just migrated from Win 7 to Win 10 with Office 2016 and my users are screaming at me because this feature is gone.

• ElvisElvis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please restore the feature to delete emails directly from desktop notifications!

• JuanJuan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring the option back . I don't understand why you removed it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base