OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide a feature to Import contacts from .vcf or vCard file as well as from other accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Please provide an option import and export individual as well as group contacts from VCard or .vcf file for efficient handling/management of Contacts in Microsoft Outlook 2016. An option to Import contacts from .vcf / vCard file as well as from other accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016 would be an added benefit.

292 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bill shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Howard Popper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Win 10 Address book disappeared with the reset so my only contacts are on vcard exported from iCloud. But Microsft makes it impossible to import vcard into Outlook. even though Microsoft invented vcard. What a bunch of losers in Redmond!

• gpatarroyo@outlook.es commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Importación de contactos de otras cuentas

Import contacts from other accounts

Importación de contactos de otras cuentas

Import contacts from other accounts

• Fab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this! It's so uncomfortable to go too many steps to convert in csv. And when it's done, it doesn't work properly with csv-fromat as well ... very poor. vcf is clear, defined and easy to handle!

• Benoit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft developers are not as good in coding as open source community developers... They don't know what word "standard" means.

• Benoit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option asked from 2016 and not done yet ??? Microsoft is wonderful. No care of customers.

• Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this isn't already supported. PLEASE add the functionality

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this. The workaround is vintage old-school Microsoft: Instead of importing them one by one, just convert them to .csv one by one and then import it! Uhhhhhhhhhh no. Please fix this, show us the new Microsoft that everyone's cheering for!

• John Schneider commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your forcing me to dump this Outlook 365 and go back to an earlier version. I'm an engineer and don't have the time or will to do 500 contacts one at a time.

• Duke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

outlook has been around for many many years and on many many computer. why in the world, MS team cannot develop a small program within outlook to import BULK VCF .
    Going via Gmail contacts to cvs tthen import to outlook contacts is just to cumbersome.
    I have 4.5k of contacts but for some reasons, my samsung sync to outlook has encountered error. something wrong with the sync markers.
    Wish MS can just have a easy way to import mass vcf.

• waiolasmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is all possible with conversion of PST to VCF format. The vCard holds MS Outlook contacts to share them on different email clients as well as smart Converters like Blackberry, iPhone etc… You can export Outlook to vCard manually or choose a PST to vCard exporter to successfully accomplish the task.

Visit at ; https://www.osttopstapp.com/vcard-export-import.html

• ScottGrabs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please. Why do we even have to ask you. M$ is recently bragging that Outlook App is an Android Users Best Friend. THis default method of importing Android contacts into Outlook would go along way toward that best friend thing...

• Simon (link) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the import of multiple .vcf contacts from a single file (eg one exported from an Android device).

With all that MicroSoft is trying to do building relationships with its customers, I am amazed that they pay so little attention to the tools that make using their products easier for those customers. This is a prime example of their lack of perception and commitment to customer service. Get on with it MicroSoft.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Export vCards compatible with iCloud. Individually and massively

• KDP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have over 365 contacts in icloud that I used to be able to use my outlook for before Windows updates. I want those contacts back in my Outlook on my computer

I am shocked that this is not supported, if you import a bulk .vcf cCard file you have to click add for every single vCard with Outlook. That doesn't work when your user has 4.5k contacts.

WORKAROUND FOR NOW: Create a gmail account, bulk import vCard file to gmail contacts (where the import IS supported) then export contacts from gmail to an Outlook formatted .csv file. Then you can bulk import contacts to Outlook via .csv file.

It would be very important convince people who needs this option for voting this idea. With 193 votes I guess Microsoft won't do anything for solving this.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Request that a bulk import from a vCard file be supported by Outlook. Ever since the upgrade to Windows 10 I have lost my iCloud Contacts in Outlook, I receive the message 'The set of Folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened'. The only way I have read in Outlook Help is to import the contacts individually to a csv file which is more than a bit tedious. Do you have any better ideas?

When exporting contacts from MAC Contacts, importing the VCFs should be able to read all the VCFs included in the file and not limit to one

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base