OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

integrate Cortana with Outlook natively

It would be great if Cortana were available to integrate in with Outlook directly. It could help detect tasks and suggest appointments based on emails. Also it would be great if it could suggest contacting specific contacts that haven't been contacted in a while. Also remind the users of an upcoming Outlook calendar event with voice reminders through Cortana. Provide an option to use “Cortana” for the Read Aloud feature in Office, especially when running supported PC(Windows 10 PCs).

163 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeremiah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bruce Nicholls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a button to Outlook Ribbon to easily create reminders in Cortana for emails, tasks, etc in Outlook.

• Jim Reid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I really would like the idea of adding the Cortana search feature to outlook to add attachments!!!

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the new Cortana "Heads-up" feature. It helps me keep track of the promises I've made, specifically showing me to whom I promised and what I promised. However, when I click on the link to the task, it opens a browser. This is useful, but it would even better if this linked directly into my inbox so I can see the original email and file away once I'm done.

• Robert Johnston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cortana supports most of Microsoft's competitors collaboration products, but not in-house exchange, or Outlook connected to a source other than O365/Gmail.

We can't use the digital assistant that's built into Windows 10 with the flagship Office product? That just doesn't make sense to me.

• Guido commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful to be able to dictate the text of the mail with Cortana.

• Naiteek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have virtual assistants like Cortana, Siri, Alexa and Google Alo remind the users of an upcoming Outlook calendar event with voice reminders.

• Paul Barron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook has been rendered useless. I have to use Microsoft's Mail app to be able to check my email with Cortana. Come on Microsoft! You've been making great progress, but this is a fail of epic proportions.

• Maggie Murrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the others on this poll. I want Cortana integration. I am a premedical student, and I like Microsoft products, but I have to have streamline connectivity. The concept of Cortana is great, but it is all but useless without Outlook integration.

• Steve Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is it that I pay for Office 365 and I don't get the Cortana/Outlook calendar integration of 365 for business?
    I add an event via Cortana and it doesn't appear in my outlook calendar! I need this so I can see everything "at a glance" and not have to open multiple apps.
    A real failing on your part Microsoft, or are you trying to maximise profits?

• vijaybyadgi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I add bunch of things to "Follow Up" but i will forget as i don't get any reminders. How about all the "Follw Up" items added automatically creates a reminder in Cortana

• John Attridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Despite numerous promises that this could be done when I subscribed to Office 365 it proved to be yet another lie from the sales staff.

I want Cortana to read my office email and calendar. I AM NOT A SCHOOL OR AN ORGANISATION so don't tell me it can already be done.

It wouldn't be so bad if you could sync the Windows 10 and Outlook 365 calendar - another thing they swore on a stack of bibles could be done - so that the information from outlook was in the windows 10 calendar.

• Kirill, Paul [VA] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cortana needs to be integrated with Outlook 2016 and O365 products. Otherwise, what is the point for enterprise users??

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Improved intergration of Outlook with all officie programs and features espically Access and Cortina. Outlook should be a completely interative office assistant. It would be wounderful to be able to just speak to Outlook to manage emails, contacts, (customizable), client data bases, spreadsheets, appointments and follows calls. Record calls and attach them and other documents to the contact record.

I work out of a home office and can't afford to hire a staff, but just being able to have Outlook communicate (Cortina), with me and be my staff would be a real game changer!!

• erlewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have both a Home Office 365 subscription and also a University of Wisconsin-Madison Office 365 account. However the University account is limited because I am retired. I want Cortana to give me audible reminders when an appointment is coming up by connecting to my Outlook 2016 calendar. This seems like a no-brainer to me. Perhaps Cortana tells me about all my appointments for the day when I start Outlook in the morning and then reminders prior to each appointment, with flexible timing options.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Cortana constantly, have since it's first tests, and yes it needs to be integrated in Outlook as well as the rest of the Professional Office suite. The first versions should provide Help, and the later versions should provide function.

• Marlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps the only time I'll disagree with the comments. I don't use Cortana, I haven't seen it do anything worthwhile, it just gets in the way. I tried asking for help on a couple items and it was completely not helpful, just wasted my time. I went to Google instead. Microsoft hasn't provided any directions or instruction on how to use it effectively, so I just ignore it and turn it off where I can.

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like a no-brainer. Microsoft Cortana is great, but what kind of personal assistant can't work with my Microsoft Outlook Calendar in Microsoft Windows.

• Darren Pawlak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Integrate/connect Corporate Exchange/Activesync accounts with Cortana so that she can set meetings, appointments and tasks, email, call, etc... work contacts and most importantly, alert you of upcoming meetings, help with meeting prep, warn of conflicting meetings, etc... While yes, some of this exists on office 365 many Organizations (like mine) still use full On-Prem Exchange (and we will be for a while) so office 365 features do us no good and we lose the ability to use Cortana to the full potential she has. (or maybe least case enable it for people who have rolled out Office Online Servers? somehow?) This being a feature would assist in adoption and excitement of Windows 10 by leaps and bounds

← Previous 1

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Search

Feedback and Knowledge Base