OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Make GIFs available for Outlook 2007 to 2016!

I can't see GIFs on my Outlook from 2007 to 2016. It'd be great for everyone to experience this awesome feature. Even Microsoft has use them and it's sad that I need to send it to other email clients to see it.

210 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Owen Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C'mon, the mac os version of outlook has animated GIFs, why not the windows outlook client?

• Aurelien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GIF is a common feature on any other mail app. Please make it happened in outlook

• Matthew Sheets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is more than a 'fun' feature. GIFs can actually be used for really productive scenarios, especially for capturing motion prototypes, etc. in a lightweight fashion.

• Llane Rost (Socket) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Default state is enabled moving
        With new account set up showing disable gifs playing to static until highlighted, or just static.

I love using short gifs to show processes at work, but can't send them via email.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE enable animated graphics in emails to appear as moving not static. Please allow us to save them, copy them and paste them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My signature on all my emails has been a barking puppy through Lotus Notes. We recently converted to Outlook....no support!!!So unhappy right now! Please catch up with the times MS. Aren't you guys suppose to be forward thinking and innovative?

• Alex S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GIFs are becoming an increasingly common piece of the modern language to communicate an idea, reaction, etc.

Maybe it's a fad, but it's been a popular thing for... 6... 10 years? What's the Roi for such an enhancement?
        Microsoft being "behind" on this paints a very bad picture to the average modern user. I start to think... Apple is more "forward" about keeping up with modern users, whereas Microsoft is not. What clientele is Microsoft targeting? The ever-decreasing older folks? Makes me want to go Apple.
        ---An ever-increasingly common millennial.

• Aaron Germaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy that outlook does not support such a simple feature especially since sending gifs it so popular.

• Jaimie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No one uses clip art anymore, instead why not create a gif library. Facebook updated this some time ago and it is a great feature. Please make GIFs available for use in emails

• Lisa Lagos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm disappointed that there are no gifs or emoji's or happy faces or anything on the Outlook 2010 email. I know the Outlook on the web has them but it doesn't support my Telus email--only my hotmail.

• Joe Martella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This! GIFs are available on OWA, Outlook for Mac, and old versions of Outlook for Windows! Give us GIFs, please!

• Joe Martella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All the votes! Doesn't make sense that GIFs are available on OWA, Outlook for Mac, and even older versions of Outlook for Windows! Please give us GIFs!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base