OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Putting a Folder Between Two Other Folders; Rearranging Folders Non-Alphabetically; Ability to Make a Sub-Folder into a Main Folder

I have three suggestions that should be implemented on Outlook ASAP.

First, there absolutely needs to be a way to insert a new folder, or move a current folder in between two other folders without causing it to become a sub-folder. It's mind-boggling that this has not been done yet.

Second, there should be a way to rearrange all of one's folders (or sub-folders within a folder) in more ways than just alphabetically. (Chronologically, by size, by priority shown via rankings, etc.)

Third, there should be some way for sub-folders to be dragged out and made back into their own main folder.

111 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sharon Dornfeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please also include the correct instructions in the "Help" index for Outlook email. I have just wasted a ridiculous amount of time and thoroughly screwed up my list of folders following the directions which assure me that dragging the new folder to "Folders" and letting go of the left mouse button will move it to a default position instead of a subfolder. Please quit fixing stuff that's not broken.

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base