OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

PLEASE update the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2016

I've been using the BCM for years and, while it works OK with Outlook 2013, I would REALLY like to use the current version of Outlook. Absent that, do you know of an alternative Contact Manager for Outlook 2016? All I really want to do is see history of my interaction with an individual contact all in one place. THANKS

178 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Galen Hassinger shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Randy Durfee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two years ago, Microsoft convinced us to move to your cloud platform office 365 from our internal 2010 exchange sever, were we were running office 2013 with BCM (Business Contact Manger) the move was a struggle, taking many attempts to get are contacts up loaded up to office 365 and we were told along with many others they would it would be a seamless move and not LOOSE ANY OF our functionality.
    That was absolute *********!!!!
    I have been told many many times the Microsoft was working on the problem, that you get me to upgrade my computer to a premium license telling me that the new office 365 BCM is now called Customer Manger.
    I am so disgusted with Microsoft, throwing Small Business Customer like myself the has long promoted the Microsoft product since the being of the Partners program, than Tech-net which were both awesome programs for Small businesses.
    I am very tired of Microsoft's lying to their customers and not making any progress to restoring the functionality we had with BCM (Business Contact Manger) in 2013. Along with that are mobile phones DO NOT sync contact on a stable basis, as they did with BCM (Business Contact Manger).
    I hope the **** you are listening to my comments. I would be more than happy to work with someone that can fix the problem, please contact me at 520-419-679 or Randy_Durfee@ica-usa.com PS: If you know a software company that can offer the continuity that your Office 2013 with BCM offer, please send me that information.
    Thanks for your time, A completely unsatisfied Office 365 customer.

• Michael Bane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, must say that I had the same problem. Now I've been using an alternative for more than a year, maybe even two years - it's called eWay-CRM. In case you are used to Outlook, it's really easy to start working with this tool. Check their webpage - https://www.eway-crm.com/

Michael

• C. Yusuf Mumtaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide an option to add Outlook Customer Manager with O365 subscription; this can be a paid add-in if required.

• Danette Kohrs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The link for the survey was not functional. I would be very interested in have a chance to try out the marketing features early. How can I be added to your list?

• Craig Porter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mircosoft realy mesed up customers by not having a replacement software in place on BCM

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keep BCM in Outlook 2016. It has to have all the features currently within BCM now not just what MS feel customers should have. All the features including the Dashboard allow us to see how we are doing as a business. If you really have to decrease the features for development purposes then removing the ability to use this to monitor a project is probably the a feature we could live without

• Roger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Access Database vanished from Office 2016. Are you kidding me? Bring back Access, Microsoft. I feel cheated.

• Fred G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that incorporating BCM features into Outlook is a great idea. Are there any updates on this or, when we might receive communication about it after submitting the survey?

Update Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2016. This is one of the best CRM programs on the market.

• garyair@garyair.us commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just making contact search work in Outlook would be a step in the right direction. I use a shared mailbox for customer contacts. If I try to search "all contact items" contacts aren't found. Also, I don't understand why People Pane can't include e-mails sent to contacts along with e-mails from contacts. Also if you try to search for the last 4 numbers of a phone number with leading zeros, it is nearly useless because the leading zeros are stripped off and so you get way too many matches. Putting quotes around search terms to force a text search instead of a number search does not appear to help.

• JP Di Maggio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BCM and Outlook should be much more genuinely integrated.

Each time Outlook is upgrading version (from 2007 to 2010, then to 2013, and now 2016) it is always a pain because the elapse time between BCM being updated is huge!

Now with Office 365, the pain is even worse BECAUSE Office 365 is updating "itself". Which means, for example, that when Office 365 'moved' from 2013 to 2016, BCM would not work anymore.

The update of both tools should be synchronized, or the integration of the two tools should be made such way that when upgrading one (e.g. Outlook 2013 -> 2016), one can still use BCM (e.g. BCM 2013, while using Outlook 2016) -- just like someone with e.g. a PowerPoint file with an 'old format', can still be read with a new PowerPoint version. (ditto Excel, etc.)

• Conor Molloy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My only reason for using BCM is to see interaction history. Please can we have an app/add-on or view that shows interaction history by contact, company, group or project. In current O2013 history sometimes appears beneath contact and sometimes not. Surely this should be top of list along with merge to MS Word.

• koll112 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support Business Contact Manager. I have many years of data/phone notes etc. I am trying to replace two PCs and want to upgrade to all current 2016 software and cloud services. Not supporting this product and offering no migration path is completely unreasonable. Ironic, as I am trying to buy a full suite of Microsoft products to ensure continuity and compatibility. Please offer an alternate solution with a reasonable migration path.

• Roy Beehn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used BCM for years and have a lot of contacts & information that is now not available. How hard could it be that MS could not continue BCM in Outlook 2016?

This is very disappointing!!

Support Business Contact Manager. I have many years of data/phone notes etc. I am trying to replace two PCs and want to upgrade to all current 2016 software and cloud services. Not supporting this product and offering no migration path is completely unreasonable. Ironic, as I am trying to buy a full suite of Microsoft products to ensure continuity and compatibility. Please offer an alternate solution with a reasonable migration path.

• Tommy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too have been using BCM for my business as it provides a great resource for small businesses to increase productivity and maintain your customers without spending hundreds of dollars a month for the overblown systems out there that are really intended for major corporations. PLEASE help support our small businesses who do spend money with Microsoft and include Business Contact Manager in with Outlook 2016. Thank you!

← Previous 1

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base