OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook application password when using 2FA

I have noticed that Outlook 365 app does not tell a user who uses 2 step authentication on the Outlook.com to get and provide the application password and not a password of the account the user tries to add to the Outlook 365 app.
    It took me two weeks to guess this. Please add some prechecking then adding accounts having such 2FA or at least give o pop up letting the user to know that if 2FA is being used, a password not from a web login has to be provided.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Started  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pin or Stick important emails at the top of your Inbox

Option to be able to pin or stick important emails at the top of your inbox regardless of the date and time they were received when sorted by date. Also consider this scenario: Option to be able to pin someone automatically when we reply or send new mail.

We PIN all the “must” people in the CC so it will save our time in putting all the people in the CC every time we send mail. Plus, since there are a lot of “must” people to be filled out in CC, there may be some mistake to not include some…

2,467 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

390 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Account OAuth2 signin

Outlook 2016 should allow users to authenticate using OAuth2. This is the only supported option for connecting a Gmail account, and it's a lot more secure than many other authentication solutions. It would make life a lot easier, because many webmail services utilise OAuth.

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  39 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use the native service authentication (like the Mobile version)

Most of my mail accounts (Outlook.com and GMail) have two factor authentication set up. It's really annoying to add them to Outlook 2016. I have to generate a app password on each of the accounts, and use them to log in.

Your mobile apps (iOS and Android) use the "native" service authentication (redirect me to the site, I log in, authorize the app and I'm good to go). I find it a much better way to log in, since I don't need to go to another site and generate a password. All I need is my phone.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  15 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base