OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Suggest a Folder when Moving e-mails based on Prior History

In a constant battle to manage our Inbox, It would be great to have Outlook suggest a folder where I will most likely want to file an email based on my history. For example, if I receive a Monthly Revenue report from the same person each month and file it in a folder titled "Financial Reports", Outlook could have that folder highlighted for me when I press CTRL-SHIFT-V (or select the Move drop-down in the Ribbon) so that all I have to do is press ENTER to move that message. Folder suggestions could be made from prior email history and…

308 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

63 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide an option to "send to added and deleted attendees only" when adding people to existing calendar event in Outlook 2016

Previously when you added people to an existing event before the event update was sent out it would ask if you wanted to send it only to the people added or deleted from the event and that feature is now gone in Outlook 2016

304 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

91 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide an option to schedule Out of Office replies for multiple holidays / events in advance

Currently I can only schedule my out of office for one occasion. Allow an option to pre-schedule multiple occasions. For example On July 3rd, when I set it up for 4th of July, allow me to schedule it for the Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanks Giving, Christmas, etc. That way I can set them up when I am not very busy. Also, provide an option to activate / deactivate them. We have 10 or so holidays, so allow a few more and provide 15+ schedule alternatives. Note: I think the common holidays should be default for everybody.

297 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatically block of 15 minutes before and after each meeting

It is my manual task to always block some time before and after meetings, lot's of extra clicking in Outlook. I would love to see a feature or someone explain to me how I can tell Outlook, to by default make my meetings appear to start 15 minutes earlier and stop 15 minutes later, than they actually do, so no one can book back to back through my entire schedule.

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Option to Snooze email messages in Outlook for Windows

Please add the email SNOOZE option to Outlook for Windows--to match the SNOOZE feature that already exists in OWA/O365.

This is an incredibly handy feature that I use daily in Gmail when I need to follow-up later. Snooze is much easier than adding a follow-up reminder to the message.

Thank you

285 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can we please be able to paste into the new outlook search function

Can we please be able to paste into the new outlook search function

282 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Options to store and display Contact details with all the information and options to manage them.

Make it possible to display as well as store all the information related to a contact in People section in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to make it more effective to use. Phone numbers stored and displayed should include all the information in Microsoft Outlook 2016 which include area code and the country code not just the local number. Also if we can get the postal code or Zip Code to auto populate based on the address entered it would be an added benefit. Addition or customization and addition of business card is also needed.

Also i would really like to be…

282 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Family Calendars cannot be updated from Outlook Desktop

Using Outlook 2016 for Windows, I cannot add or update events to my Outlook.com family calendar.

280 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Outlook team is working on this update. We will add support for adding and updating events on family calendars as part of an overall improvement to shared calendars in Outlook.

We will post a subsequent status update when the shared calendar improvements are available for you to use in Outlook. Our current ETA is to begin releasing to subscription customers who are using Outlook 2016 this summer (July 2018).

10. Provide an option to configure emails accounts using manual settings in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to configure emails accounts using manual settings in Microsoft Outlook 2016 like in legacy versions.

280 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to apply Automatic replies (out-of-office) recurrence in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

It would be great to be able to specify recurrence (same as in calendar appointments) on automatic replies (out of office) in Outlook 2016. For example: I am out of office every "odd" Friday.

281 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Give the user the ability to manually enter dates for recurring appointments that are slightly irregular in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Give the user the ability to manually enter dates for recurring appointments that are slightly irregular in Microsoft Outlook 2016 enabling user to over ride the Public or other holidays. Also enable the user to set and update recurring meetings and events as well that are on regular intervals. In the month of May, we have 5 Wednesday or Tuesdays, When we want to set up a recurring event for the fifth Wednesday, I have one option, Last. Then I have 2 events on a 4 Wednesday month and this needs to be looked into as well.

This functionality is…

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to allow Rules to use BCC to selected recipient so that we can BCC emails in Outlook 2016

Currently rules only allow rules to CC a recipient. Provide an option to enable BCC while creating or managing rules. It will allow us to BCC emails and so nobody get to know about the same emails which we are sending in multiple groups.

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fully integrate Microsoft Teams with Microsoft Outlook 2016

Now teams recordings are stored in cloud and that require to access web site separately to view the content. In addition to that, looking for a facility in outlook like, once teams recording content is ready in cloud receiving an email notification with required metadata information can ease users to search locally and just click away content available to users help ease the daily work like forwarding the content or sharing the recording content.

272 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to send from outlook using alias accounts

Please add the ability to send from an email alias from within the software (instead of having to use the online version to do so).

The user interface and features of the desktop version of Outlook are much better than the online version and I would like to be able to do all my communicating from there. However, without the ability to send from my other alias emails, I cannot do so. Thank you.

272 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to handle duplicate contacts efficiently in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to provide ability to identify likely duplicate contacts, select one as the real contact and be able to compare and manually merge that record to information from any of the duplicates on a field by field basis in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow us to change the font, its size and choice of style for the to, cc, bcc and subject lines of email

Allow us to change the font, its size, and style for the to, cc, bcc and subject lines of an email. I have checked online and lots of people have this problem, no fix has been suggested. July 24, 2018

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to Customize the Office Applications themes independently.

It would be nice if we could customize the color scheme / look and feel of the office apps independently of each other. I like my word in dark theme but One Note and Outlook in their respective colors. Now you have to choose one look wholesale for the whole system which seems strange.

Also, please add a ‘Classic Office’ Theme to render all office products in their default themes from 2003/2007/2012.

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

117 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Indonesia Calender for Holiday

Please Add Indonesia Calender for Holiday

267 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. List of attachements in Mailheader and Add a search option then you click FILE from the Outlook menu bar

Hello, how in some versions on outlook before 2016 presented, I need the possibility to show many attachments in form of list in the mail (with whole filename and maybe with size of file in one line). In version 2016 I have only the view of many attachments with huge symbols beside filename. In case of long filenames they are cut and it's not possible to see them all in one view.
    If possible please provide an option to sort or re arrange the files attached to an email so we can sort or set them as required.
    I only…

265 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base