OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook Meeting Response Option of "INFORMATION ONLY"

Meetings as FYI Only -

Please add a fourth meeting response option such as "Information Only" which automatically responds "Decline" but leaves the meeting info on your calendar. The meeting response would also automatically show the calendar as "FREE" with "No Reminder". This allows the user to change their response without having to sift through deleted emails or respond tentative leaving others to guess as to your meeting participation when you have no intention of going at all.

478 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. One inbox for multiple IMAP accounts in Outlook 2016

The possibility to create a virtual folder that contains all email elements of different IMAP accounts.

478 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

109 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bcc Functionality for ZOOM invitations

Outlook needs to have Bcc functionality for ZOOM invitations. if I want to send a mass invitation out without losing ZOOM's full functionality I cannot do so without sharing everyone's email addresses in a public way. It's 2020 and this application functions like its in Vista.

471 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide an option to allow font size to be changed or customized and same in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to allow font size to be changed in Microsoft Outlook 2016 including the font and colors for the folder pane. Also make it possible to customize the fonts for Mail, People, Calendar on module basis. Also, Allow user to make a permanent (default setting) change to the font and size template for mail created in Outlook 2016 under Windows 10, not just on a mail-by-mail basis.

Also, set a default font that is always applied to my tasks. They change depending upon the email moved to tasks.

Also, Please give us a way to make the fonts…

463 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

180 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. If you unintentionally move an email into the wrong folder

If you unintentionally move an email into the wrong folder, there should be an undo button to undo last move

458 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. outlook configuration sync across machines

Using Office 365 and desktop Outlook, sync the configuration of Outlook for any machine I run it on. Carry through Office 365 my Outlook settings for appearance (message header display, etc.) and client-side rules and folder expire policies. Also add calendar color sync function across devices and for all the protocols. Also t would be great to have a feature where Calendars could synchronized without having to send event invites to different Outlook accounts.

456 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically replace recipient when replying to emails from Sent folder

Scenario:

We want to follow up on an email I already sent. I click the message in my SENT folder and then "Reply." I end up sending a message to myself.

Some competitor products that shall not be named automatically replace the recipient in this scenario with the recipient of the original email, to avoid the awkward situation of replying to myself.

443 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A series of recurring past appointments should not be changed just because I change the end date or the number of appointments.

Calendar is always full of recurring appointments. Often my clients need to change a single appointment to another day or to cancel it completely. They nearly always have a set amount of weeks in which their training lasts. Therefore, if a lesson is cancelled in advance, the total amount of appointments must remain the same but only the end date changes. Whenever I try to change the end date, the whole series must be reset and then past changes (such as changing a single appointment from a Tuesday to a Thursday) will be lost. Also, if I need to change…

441 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make GIF's available for Outlook 2007 to 2016!

I can't see pictures, GIF's on my Outlook from 2007 to 2016. It'd be great for everyone to experience this awesome feature. Even Microsoft has use them and it's sad that I need to send it to other email clients to see it.

439 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don't prompt to save changes when closing a calendar item that has not been edited in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Don't prompt to save changes when closing a calendar item that has not been edited in Microsoft Outlook 2016. This can block shut-down or restart of the computer as Microsoft Outlook 2016 won't close until those prompts are answered.

430 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

159 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Different Email Signatures for internal/external emails

Create an option to automatically choose & being able to create signatures based on receiving email adress, either internal or external.

429 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Undo Send (10 second delay before sending) like Office 365 version

The online version of office 365 allows you to set a rule/setting that will allow you to undo a send for up to 10 seconds after hitting send. Please give that feature to the full version of Outlook.

429 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please add a button "add to contacts" in an Email.

in other e-mail programms, it has a function where I can add the sender of an e-mail directly to my contact list.

427 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Send meeting updates only to those who accepted?

Even in Outlook 2016, it's still only possible to send meeting updates to -all- recipients but much more logical and user friendly is the default option to only send to ricipients who accepted the meeting request; or at least skip those who already declined the meeting request. Please include as default feature.

424 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

419 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to print Overlay Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to print Overlay Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016 would be beneficial. Particularly like to have the ability to overlay calendars arbitrarily whether on the left, right, or any other view configuration.

417 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Disable Inbox Unread Email Count for Other in Focused Inbox in Outlook 2016

The Unread Email count next to Inbox Folder should be able to only show the Focused emails and not the total of Focused and Other Emails when Focused Inbox is enabled.

413 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide an option of delete in the pop up window when an email is received in outlook 2016

Why did you remove the delete option in the pop up window when an email is received?

412 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. email address

Always show the full email address of a sender in the view pane. This is a major security risk that the email address of a sender is hidden and requires several clicks to view. Default should always be to show the full sender email address.

409 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Solution for Synchronization Problem - Possibility for manual matching of IMAP folders

The possibility to correct the matching of IMAP folders, like in Outlook 2007 should be added.

That means it should be possible to change the settings for the folders were the Sent and Deleted items should be stored.

This is a serious problem in the German Outlook version (17 votes in microsoft comunnity): Due to wrong matching the Synchronization does not work correct. E.g. Outlook stores the sent email in a folder named "Gesendete Elemente" (sent items) and the email provider expects "sent".

See discussion:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/outlook-2016-synchronisiert-imap-ordner-fehlerhaft/91e9041b-00f0-4dae-9b92-c3cbf0655b02

409 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base