OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Searching Outlook 2016

More than 90% of the time search will not find the mail while the Search text is word for word in the mail. Even worst is the fact that it finds mail that does not contains any words of the search box. Search also exclude additional mail boxes in my case the most
    important ones.

340 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

105 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide an option to allow font size to be changed or customized and same in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to allow font size to be changed in Microsoft Outlook 2016 including the font and colors for the folder pane. Also make it possible to customize the fonts for Mail, People, Calendar on module basis. Also, Allow user to make a permanent (default setting) change to the font and size template for mail created in Outlook 2016 under Windows 10, not just on a mail-by-mail basis.

Also, set a default font that is always applied to my tasks. They change depending upon the email moved to tasks.

Also, Please give us a way to make the fonts…

329 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

137 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import contacts from iCloud

Allow outlook to import contacts directly from i Cloud. It looks like it should work as there is the option that come up, Import to outlook but then you only get the first contact. I opened up the file with excel and can see the other contacts. with 1400 contacts doing them one at a time is a non starter. Also It would be great if you could finally embed directly i Cloud or Gmail accounts or calendar (as in Windows Mail or in the mail client "EM client")

If you are not going to get this working then icloud…

330 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to print Overlay Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to print Overlay Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016 would be beneficial. Particularly like to have the ability to overlay calendars arbitrarily whether on the left, right, or any other view configuration.

325 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow mail-items to be tagged in Outlook 2016

Using "Categories" for emails is not always useful because they a) need to be created in advanced and b) are then cumbersome to use if there are many. A much, much more comfortable tagging would thus be required. This could work similar to online-sites where you simple can "type" multiple comma-separated strings. If a string is recognized to be "existing" in the current database, it is potentially auto-completed. This "tags" field is stored with the mail item and can be easily searched/filtered for. Or even better provide an option to mark emails with a "Star" sign so we can search…

325 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a feature to Import contacts from .vcf or vCard file as well as from other accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Please provide an option import and export individual as well as group contacts from VCard or .vcf file for efficient handling/management of Contacts in Microsoft Outlook 2016. An option to Import contacts from .vcf / vCard file as well as from other accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016 would be an added benefit. To make the contacts management function more efficiently it needs an option to import multiple contacts at one time to a custom contact screen with specific user fields. Also ability include calendar and tasks on main contact screen with notes too.

317 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide a feature or an option to revert to the old Outlook user interface in Microsoft Outlook 2016 prior to being modernized.

Allow an option to revert to the old Outlook user interface in Microsoft Outlook, as the latest revision (today) has added a lot of white space(wasted as well as Reply, Reply All and Forward along with the Accept, Decline etc are in a different position and seems like too far to the right that I find unhelpful and uses valuable screen and are not user-adjustable. This had been shown in the "try the new features" button, but I for one turned it off as it was annoying - unfortunately you have pushed it on all users, business and home. It…

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  White Space and Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adding an option to disable the Contact Linking feature

I don’t really need the Contact Linking feature because it automatically shows multiple linked contacts with different names which is very confusing for users to find the correct one. It would be really useful if there is an option to disable the Contact Linking feature, rather than unlink them one by one.

This feedback is based on a customer voice from support SR.

315 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

119 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide an option to assign colors for incoming emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for easy identification

Provide an option to assign colors for incoming emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for easy identification. Designate my supervisors emails writing in Red as an example. Just being able to assign a font color to a person for incoming mail so they pop out at you. Especially when you receive hundreds of emails a day. I would rather have that then the little color boxes.

300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Outlook calendar: set work hours for individual weekdays.

Options>Calendar>Work time>
    Work hours start time & end time should be adjustable for the different weekdays not only the week as a whole.

(Monday 8-16, Tuesday 9-17, Wednesday 10.30-16.50 etc.)

300 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a feature or option to assign colors to Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

This is not for the "categories" for color-coding each entry... those haven't really changed, and although I would love more color options, it works. BUT, I'm really sad that the new "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016" Outlook calendar color options have been severely reduced and honestly folks, these colors are sad. Get rid of pink. Forever. Or make it the 30th choice. So hard to look at. We need more than 9 options... I regularly have far more than 9 calendars open and need to be able to quickly differentiate. It is nice that you can now dedicate a specific…

298 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide an option to make text of Outlook folders containing Unread Items Bold in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make text of Outlook folders containing Unread Items Bold in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to set it apart or easy to distinguish from other folders would be beneficial.

295 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide an option to schedule Out of Office replies for multiple holidays / events in advance

Currently I can only schedule my out of office for one occasion. Allow an option to pre-schedule multiple occasions. For example On July 3rd, when I set it up for 4th of July, allow me to schedule it for the Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanks Giving, Christmas, etc. That way I can set them up when I am not very busy. Also, provide an option to activate / deactivate them. We have 10 or so holidays, so allow a few more and provide 15+ schedule alternatives. Note: I think the common holidays should be default for everybody.

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disable Inbox Unread Email Count for Other in Focused Inbox in Outlook 2016

The Unread Email count next to Inbox Folder should be able to only show the Focused emails and not the total of Focused and Other Emails when Focused Inbox is enabled.

288 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide an option to configure emails accounts using manual settings in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to configure emails accounts using manual settings in Microsoft Outlook 2016 like in legacy versions.

274 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

110 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Suggest a Folder when Moving e-mails based on Prior History

In a constant battle to manage our Inbox, It would be great to have Outlook suggest a folder where I will most likely want to file an email based on my history. For example, if I receive a Monthly Revenue report from the same person each month and file it in a folder titled "Financial Reports", Outlook could have that folder highlighted for me when I press CTRL-SHIFT-V (or select the Move drop-down in the Ribbon) so that all I have to do is press ENTER to move that message. Folder suggestions could be made from prior email history and…

264 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. List of attachements in Mailheader and Add a search option then you click FILE from the Outlook menu bar

Hello, how in some versions on outlook before 2016 presented, I need the possibility to show many attachments in form of list in the mail (with whole filename and maybe with size of file in one line). In version 2016 I have only the view of many attachments with huge symbols beside filename. In case of long filenames they are cut and it's not possible to see them all in one view.
    If possible please provide an option to sort or re arrange the files attached to an email so we can sort or set them as required.
    I only…

261 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to send from outlook using alias accounts

Please add the ability to send from an email alias from within the software (instead of having to use the online version to do so).

The user interface and features of the desktop version of Outlook are much better than the online version and I would like to be able to do all my communicating from there. However, without the ability to send from my other alias emails, I cannot do so. Thank you.

252 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base