OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folder Icons , Fonts and Colors

Allow Email Folder Icons to be changed. User should be able to change the folder color , Font and actual menu Icon used.

563 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

202 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Block Senders Domain in Junk

When getting lots of junk email with same domain name(with different email accounts) it would be great if we get an option to block senders domain. We can edit the blocked senders , but its again a tedious process and we may end up doing this daily. Adding a button on Junk so we can block the senders domain right away would be an easier way to tackle this menace.

565 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to reduce the symbol of attachments

Hide information about attachment size in message view and reduce size of the icon attachment, so that only one line is consumed (like in older versions of outlook). This could be incorporated in the minimal header feature.

See discussion:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/outlook-2016-nachrichtenansicht/f2a98eb2-8917-48f1-8987-95f47d0c352a

509 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

147 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Even "minimized" reading pane header is still too tall

When reading pane is set to "bottom", the header area of the reading pane is much too tall. Even when it's set to the "minimized" height, it still takes so much height that I can't see enough content in the message list and reading pane.

On my 1800px-high screen, there's 270px between the bottom of the message list and the top of the reading pane content. That 270px could increase the number of visible messages in my message list by 60% if it wasn't wasted on useless header content.

Here's some ideas :
    1) put reply/forward/reply-to buttons on the same…

506 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve the "Manage rules and alerts" or there should be a rule like "Move after I read" the emails in Outlook 2016

The rules and alerts are powerful and very important in properly organizing Microsoft Outlook inbox. However it has been observed:

The User Interface is old. The dialog cannot be re-sized and managing many rules becomes tedious.

All the rules are not compatible between web version and desktop client even when the features are available on both. While not having some sounds or special events on the web version can be understandable, not being able to categorize the emails is annoying. It would be nice to have some "cleanup features" to review the rules. Also Creation of rules to automatic categorization…

494 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

270 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Full Outlook Contact Access From Email

I want to be able to access a full contact record in Outlook from an open Outlook email like you could before Outlook 2013. Ideally I could click on a persons name in an email and a full contact record would open. Instead, starting in Outlook 2013 and in Office 365, a small contact card without full contact management features opens. Some may want it to work the new way, but some may want it to work the old way so there should be a setting on what happens when you click on an email address on the to: or…

486 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to get the count of attendees invited/declined/accepted/busy in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Want number/quantity of attendees invited/declined/accepted/busy to meeting/appointment in scheduling assistant. Also there should be a possibility to highlight the row for a selected meeting attendee in the Outlook scheduling assistant. This will improve the readability: when scheduling with lots of attendees, it’s hard to discern which person is unavailable when all you see are blobs of blue with no name connected to them. Allow the feature of busy search to identify users that are tied up with meetings and appointments as well.

Provision of a button on the invite listing names and titles plus how they are connected on an…

481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add search field for folders when moving items to another folder

In Outlook 2016: I have many new incoming mails every day from different people with different topics. All mails of one topic should be placed in one specific folder but not in "Incoming". So I have a huge number of subfolders in my post office box. Actually, I pick one or more mail(s) from "Incoming" an place them e.g. in the folder "Verbesserungsvorschläge". Because of the huge numer of folgers and subfolder, I need some time to find the folder "Verbesserungsvorschläge". So I thought about to use the function "Element verschieben" ("Move element" or something like that). But there I…

481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

164 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Outlook Meeting Response Option of "INFORMATION ONLY"

Meetings as FYI Only -

Please add a fourth meeting response option such as "Information Only" which automatically responds "Decline" but leaves the meeting info on your calendar. The meeting response would also automatically show the calendar as "FREE" with "No Reminder". This allows the user to change their response without having to sift through deleted emails or respond tentative leaving others to guess as to your meeting participation when you have no intention of going at all.

458 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Sticky Notes or Notes to emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Keep 'open item' emails in my inbox, and while we can categorize them to help them remember what's what, it would be very helpful if we could add a simple note to the Inbox view (i.e. without having to open the email), just saying "with John for review", or "sent to group, awaiting feedback", or "chase by Friday".

Perhaps the 'comment' functionality from Office could work, with just a little speech bubble that opens when hovered over - this would make my life MUCH easier!
    Also, it would be good to attach a little sticky note to an email for…

444 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

160 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. outlook configuration sync across machines

Using Office 365 and desktop Outlook, sync the configuration of Outlook for any machine I run it on. Carry through Office 365 my Outlook settings for appearance (message header display, etc.) and client-side rules and folder expire policies. Also add calendar color sync function across devices and for all the protocols. Also t would be great to have a feature where Calendars could synchronized without having to send event invites to different Outlook accounts.

444 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. One inbox for multiple IMAP accounts in Outlook 2016

The possibility to create a virtual folder that contains all email elements of different IMAP accounts.

442 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow users to specify their pronouns.

Add an official way for users to specify their preferred pronouns - he/him, they/them, etc. Ideally this would be easily changeable, and not require people picking options from a list.

436 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Automatically replace recipient when replying to emails from Sent folder

Scenario:

We want to follow up on an email I already sent. I click the message in my SENT folder and then "Reply." I end up sending a message to myself.

Some competitor products that shall not be named automatically replace the recipient in this scenario with the recipient of the original email, to avoid the awkward situation of replying to myself.

428 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make GIF's available for Outlook 2007 to 2016!

I can't see pictures, GIF's on my Outlook from 2007 to 2016. It'd be great for everyone to experience this awesome feature. Even Microsoft has use them and it's sad that I need to send it to other email clients to see it.

424 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. If you unintentionally move an email into the wrong folder

If you unintentionally move an email into the wrong folder, there should be an undo button to undo last move

420 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A series of recurring past appointments should not be changed just because I change the end date or the number of appointments.

Calendar is always full of recurring appointments. Often my clients need to change a single appointment to another day or to cancel it completely. They nearly always have a set amount of weeks in which their training lasts. Therefore, if a lesson is cancelled in advance, the total amount of appointments must remain the same but only the end date changes. Whenever I try to change the end date, the whole series must be reset and then past changes (such as changing a single appointment from a Tuesday to a Thursday) will be lost. Also, if I need to change…

415 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide an option to allow font size to be changed or customized and same in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to allow font size to be changed in Microsoft Outlook 2016 including the font and colors for the folder pane. Also make it possible to customize the fonts for Mail, People, Calendar on module basis. Also, Allow user to make a permanent (default setting) change to the font and size template for mail created in Outlook 2016 under Windows 10, not just on a mail-by-mail basis.

Also, set a default font that is always applied to my tasks. They change depending upon the email moved to tasks.

Also, Please give us a way to make the fonts…

407 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

163 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Solution for Synchronization Problem - Possibility for manual matching of IMAP folders

The possibility to correct the matching of IMAP folders, like in Outlook 2007 should be added.

That means it should be possible to change the settings for the folders were the Sent and Deleted items should be stored.

This is a serious problem in the German Outlook version (17 votes in microsoft comunnity): Due to wrong matching the Synchronization does not work correct. E.g. Outlook stores the sent email in a folder named "Gesendete Elemente" (sent items) and the email provider expects "sent".

See discussion:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/outlook-2016-synchronisiert-imap-ordner-fehlerhaft/91e9041b-00f0-4dae-9b92-c3cbf0655b02

404 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Send meeting updates only to those who accepted?

Even in Outlook 2016, it's still only possible to send meeting updates to -all- recipients but much more logical and user friendly is the default option to only send to ricipients who accepted the meeting request; or at least skip those who already declined the meeting request. Please include as default feature.

402 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base