OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Autostart for Outlook

Implement the autostart function for Outlook at system startup and / or logging into an account. Via a button in the interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When looking at the results of a search in outlook to colour or change the border colour so you remember you are working on a search result

when you do a search in outlook its not obvious you are looking at your search results changing the colour might help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Alert me two hours before a meeting I organized if someone has not responded

I have to remember to check before a meeting to make sure everyone I responded -- and even that takes several clicks. Check for me two hours before and alert me if someone has not responded so I can reach out. Maybe send me a list of the attendee status of everyone invited.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an "urgent" tag on email and will automatically generate a notification that the receiver needs to respond back.

Add an "urgent" tag on email and will automatically generate a notification that the receiver needs to respond back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The Reply-To adress is automatically set accordingly to the email signature selected

I work in different roles for my school (for example in a Team for organizing science competition).
    I have created different signatures for these roles. There are also different email-adresses associated with these roles (in the example the Office 365 group adress of our Organizing Team).
    At the moment, I have to manually change the Reply-To adress to the Office 365 group adress, if I want a reply to be automatically sent to the whole goup and not just to me, so that my collaborators can react to it.

So a nice feature would be that when creating a new…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Message Preview to have option to only Preview Unread E-mails

Bring back the feature to allow Message Preview to have option to only Preview Unread E-mails

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please give a dropdown while scheduling meetings to see the time zones of other countries. It is difficult to do so through time zone finder

Please give a dropdown while scheduling meetings to see the time zones of other countries. It is difficult to do so through time zone finder while you are working quickly on the go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Highlight

In a view where it shows weekly or monthly, would like to highlight today's date

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to remove/reverse msg sent out by accident

Would be great to remove/reverse email from people it was sent to by accident, as soon as you realized that mistake.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Private Meeting Invites

Allow private meeting invites to abide FERPA laws when inviting students to a meeting without sharing contact info with invitees.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. You should be able to see when someone has opened an email - read receipts can be said no to.

You should be able to see when someone has opened and read an email - read receipts can be said no to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow user to define top result criteria, i.e. Specific Customer, Topic, and/or keyword.

Allow user to define top result criteria, i.e. Specific Customer, Topic, and/or keyword. This would aid me in searching by my specific need for top results.

The current top results does not meet my needs in any manner and I have turned it off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Autosuggest a vacant room

I work at a site with approx. 2000 people in the same couple of buildings. A common routine for me is to schedule a meeting room is to add the people to invite and then add the nearest building number and add like 20 meeting rooms, pick schedule assistant and find a room that is vacant. I suggest that my outlook history is used to identify rooms I have previously booked with the same people and suggest the top 3 rooms that are vacant for the period I suggest. I sometimes meet with the same people in several locations so…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Appointments to include Teams link automatically.

Provide option to always add a Teams link to meeting appointments.
    The default would be Teams link included with the option to remove the Teams link.
    This could be provided as a user setting allowing the user to select the default behaviour.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Email that is deleted automatically after certain days from the receipients inbox.

Ability to create self-deleting mails after a certain date

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search button functionality and position

Search can be a symbol that pops-up when necessary instead of occupying the window as it currently does

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show only folders with unread mail.

Button to collapse the folder-list and to show only those folders with unread mail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When booking an appointment, show what calendar it is being booked in.

When you add an appointment, show what calander the appointment is being made in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to add attendee(s) to a portion of a meeting

For meetings where attendees aren't required for the whole time it would be nice to be able to manipulate one meeting invitation rather than scheduling several or what have you. One meeting could be scheduled for the total time. There would be no difference for attendees required for the entire time. However, for those needed for only a portion of the time that could be specified by attendee. Example- meeting is from 2-4 but I only need Tony Stark there from 3-4. Would be nice if using the invite that is from 2-4 Tony could be added and could be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to turn off ALL Outlook sounds

There are some Outlook functions where there apparently is no way to turn off the "chime" sound (e.g., when you close an email you started but haven't sent, and many other mail and calendar functions). Muting the speaker entirely is the only option, but because many of us use Skype we need that on. What we don't need is unnecessary chimes in the background while we're working. I don't need these annoying chime sound effects - they're disruptive to me and anyone else who's nearby or on the phone with me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base