OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Searching Outlook 2016

More than 90% of the time search will not find the mail while the Search text is word for word in the mail. Even worst is the fact that it finds mail that does not contains any words of the search box. Search also exclude additional mail boxes in my case the most
    important ones.

307 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

100 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add search field for folders when moving items to another folder

In Outlook 2016: I have many new incoming mails every day from different people with different topics. All mails of one topic should be placed in one specific folder but not in "Incoming". So I have a huge number of subfolders in my post office box. Actually, I pick one or more mail(s) from "Incoming" an place them e.g. in the folder "Verbesserungsvorschläge". Because of the huge numer of folgers and subfolder, I need some time to find the folder "Verbesserungsvorschläge". So I thought about to use the function "Element verschieben" ("Move element" or something like that). But there I…

237 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. integrate Cortana with Outlook natively

It would be great if Cortana were available to integrate in with Outlook directly. It could help detect tasks and suggest appointments based on emails. Also it would be great if it could suggest contacting specific contacts that haven't been contacted in a while. Also remind the users of an upcoming Outlook calendar event with voice reminders through Cortana. Provide an option to use “Cortana” for the Read Aloud feature in Office, especially when running supported PC(Windows 10 PCs).

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide an option of performing partial word search and phrases without using Advanced options in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option of performing partial word search without using Advanced options in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Currently you have to go through the following options to check the partial word search:

Click inside the search box in Outlook 2016.
    Click on Search Tools > Advanced Find > Advanced tab.
    Click on Field > Frequently-used fields > Subject.
    Select Contains in Condition drop-down box.
    In Value add your search string.
    Click on Add to List.

You can also add the ability to search phrases.

Also, please add under “advance search” a “To” column which is permanent, I can add one now…

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Search for email addresses in new mail compose window

When you create a new email, and then click the 'to' button, you get the 'select names' dialog box. I'd like then to be able to search for 'part of an email address' instead of just the persons name. The search box at the moment only returns a search of 'names only'.

For instance if I have a load of contacts at the RBS Bank but don't know all their names I'd like to type RBS in the search box and have the result return all contacts with RBS in their email address.

I'd like to send an email to…

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: search box doesn't search for what I type

Bug: When I begin typing a search term in the "Search Current Mailbox" input box, a dropdown box appears listing recent searches. Whatever, I don't intend to click on any of those. I finish typing my search term and hit "Enter" - outlook does not search for what I typed. Instead, it searched for the term in the dropdown that happened to be under the cursor of my untouched mouse.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Option to display folder of email after search

I have a huge number of sub-folders in my post office box.
    When I use the search tool to find specific email it would be nice to have an option to display the corresponding sub-folder. Something similar like the "Open folder" option when you right click on a Windows Search result.
    Considering the huge number of sub-folders, finding the corresponding folder of an email is sometimes not obvious.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add an option to have Outlook search emails stored on the computer rather than searching the server first in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Please add an option to have Outlook search emails stored on the computer rather than searching the server first in Microsoft Outlook 2016

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a feature or ability to delete email search history that is saved for what we searched our emails for in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature or ability to delete email search history that is saved for what we searched our emails for in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as when we click on search bar, it shows everything we have searched for in the past rather provide an an option to delete that search bar history specifically, without having to delete all of search histories from my computer.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide an option to set Search to search All Contacts or specific Contact lists in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to set Search to search All Contacts or specific Contact lists in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as required.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option of searching Email messages using Windows Search

In previous additions of Outlook it was possible to type a keyword in the windows search box, and e-mails (not just files) would be displayed. This is no longer possible, you can now only search for e-mails from within Outlook. Please bring back the ability to search from the Windows search box. Ideally, provision of options like AND, OR, NOT and XOR or you could “find with all terms”, “Find with any term”, find without term, etc. would be beneficial including Boolean search functions,

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add an option to include sub-folders by default when using Search in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Add an option to include sub-folders by default when using Search in Microsoft Outlook 2016. At present, we have to manually select the option to include Sub-folders. Additionally enable Microsoft Outlook 2016 to search for all the emails.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Message Preview missing from search results

When I type any text into the search box of my inbox, all Message Preview text disappears. Turning on Message Preview in the ribbon or changing the number of preview lines does nothing.

I normally work with the preview pane turned off so I normally rely on Message Preview to help determine which is the correct message to open. With no Message Preview when searching, now I have to open each possible message. Slow!

Please bring back the ability to show Message Preview in Search Results, at least if the Preview Pane is off!

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. search all outlook items default

In search options, currently you can set the default "Include results only from:" to one of; Current Folder, Current Folder. Current mailbox when searching from the inbox, Current mailbox or All mailboxes. However all of these defaults only search the item type pertinent to the folder in which the search is initiated. For example, if you initiate a search in the inbox folder, only email are searched for, in contacts only contacts etc. This means that to search all outlook items you have to search from inbox only and then pull down to select each time you search, which is…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove display of emails from filtered searches after messages are moved to folder

When you move a message displayed in a filtered search to a folder, the message continues to be displayed in the search. This occurs even after checking the box to only display items in the "current folder". This bug means that you get no visual feedback that the item has been moved. This issue is discussed in detail here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/outlook-2016-does-not-update-filtered-results-when/7334efa8-0c88-46a5-8384-39b329ccd262?page=1

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mentions search folder

Mentions was a cool addition, but the feature seems incomplete if I can't create a search folder for all mentions, the same I can setup follow up and unread folders.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow deletion of emails from search results

It would be mighty useful to be able to delete emails from search results. I was able to do this is older versions. Also there is currently no way to select all emails from a search result on the portal. If you have hundreds of emails to delete it cannot be done via the portal. Please add a select all function to the email search results. Thanks

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide the ability for "search folders" to combine/aggregate the results from other "search folders".

At times combining the search criteria for "search folders" I use regularly can be become so long and complex I struggle to get the "search folder" results I need.

It would great to be able to split this complex search criteria across 2 or more "search folders" reducing the search logic complexity for those individual "search folders" and have the ability for another "search folder" to simply aggregate the results of those less complex and more easily maintained search folders.

While there are good tools to build complex search criteria for "search folders", there are certainly some limitations. Thanks!

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Expanded Find Pane

There should be an Expanded Find Pain (like the old More) to allow searching on any field(s) especially user fields.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide a feature to enable "Search Folders" for labelled tasks and calendar events in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to enable "Search Folders" for labelled tasks and calendar events in Microsoft Outlook 2016 according to work projects. It will also lead to avoiding use of search function for emails that have the same "Category" label and if search folder would be available for tasks (an even calendar events) as well.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base