OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable an option to display declined meetings

Enable an option to display declined meetings in teh calendar (in settings). Often initially one is not available for a meeting, but then due to changes of schedule might be able to join, but since that meeting is not displayed in calendar, simply forgets about that. I found that option very helpful in Google mail that we used up to now in the company.

6,157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

424 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all,

While this request is being reviewed for future consideration please try this workaround solution:

• Click on the Deleted Items Folder
    • Click on View tab on the command bar
    • Choose “Change View – Manage View” command on the command bar
    • Click “New” in the right to create a new
    • Name the view “Calendar”
    • Pick the Day/Week/Month “type of view”
    • Click OK. Now you should get dialog that lets you customize the view.
    • Now click on Columns –
    Change the select available fields in bottom-left to All Appointments Fields
    Select the “Start” field on the left and Click Start → on the right.
    Select the “End” field on the left and Click End → on the right.
    Click OK
    • Click on Filter…
    Click on the “Advanced Tab”
    Click on the Field Drop Down – All Mails Field – “Message Class”
    You…

2. Add BCC, CC as well as FYI field to meeting requests in Outlook 2016

I would like the option to send meetings requests with BCC, CC so all information about all invitees is not shared with everyone that is invited

Also, Outlook calendar entries need BCC, CC – without showing these and need to extend them to Skype as well as Microsoft Teams Meetings.

5,187 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

550 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change ownership of calendar event in Outlook 2016

Sometimes the owner of a meeting (or, more often, meeting series) is on vacation or changes jobs; it would be nice if they could assign ownership of an instance (for vacation) or the full series (for job changes) to someone else. Also provide an option to create a meeting on someone's behalf without being included in the meeting.

3,321 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

321 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recurring meetings: Option to end recurrence and preserve prior meeting occurrences

I'd prefer to keep the history of my past tasks and whereabouts, so I would like an option to "remove only future meetings in this series"

Provide a feature to cancel a recurring meeting with future meetings only and don't lose the history on the Calendar.

1,865 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

194 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please make it possible to synchronize Gmail contacts and calendar

Please make it possible to synchronize Gmail contacts and calendar without 3rd party apps.
    Also, It should let you synchronize the google calendar and the contacts, but store it in the Gmail account not locally.

1,697 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

272 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase the number of color options in the Outlook Calendar palette from 9 to 16-25, increase contrast, and allow user editing of colors.

I find that I cannot change the color of agenda items or calendar items for my email accounts in Microsoft Outlook. I use various Android apps on my tablet and phone, that allow me to show Agenda items and Calendar items. If I use gmail, I can easily select a color, whereas with Outlook accounts I cannot change the color to suit my preferences. Also provide an option or feature to set different events with different colors in Calendar as well as in Categories in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

1,659 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

210 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Accept - Do Not Send a Response

Many people use the "Accept - Do Not Send a Response" option thinking that they are recording their attendance on the calendar event but not sending an email that will flood the organizer's inbox. This option should be updated to reflect the way most users interpret it, or there should be another option that serves this purpose.

1,659 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

252 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to set Multiple Reminders for a calendar Item in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Option to allow calendar items to have multiple reminders in Outlook 2016. As an example, it would be great to be able to set one reminder for two days before and another for one hour before. Also setting multiple reminders and in increment of 5 minutes interval would be an added benefit. Also an option to allow reminders to be changed when right clicking appointments in Outlook calendar.

Also as for the agenda, provide an option to set a different ringtone / alarm clock from the default one.

1,442 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

383 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow multiple months in to to-do bar like in outlook 2010

Allow multiple months in the to-do bar like in Outlook 2010. Restricting it to a single month defeats the purpose of having it there.

1,412 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

448 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to add travel time to a meeting request in Outlook 2016

When creating and when receiving meeting requests it will be great if one could add travel time before and after the meeting.
    Also, used to being able to add a location to my calendar entry and get travel time to that location from that location. Twenty steps to add a block to make sure I have travel time is just messing up a nice calendar. Hook this into a GPS app like Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps to get a good reading on travel time or even an option to prepare for the meetings.

1,231 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

153 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add additional Calendars to the To-Do Bar

Add additional Calendars to the To-Do Bar.

Outlook 2016 only allows you to view the events located in your default calendar in your to-do bar. Having a feature to add multiple calendars overlapped in the to-do bar calendar would provide a better understanding of my daily schedule. One particular calendar I'd like to add to the to-do bar viewing is a shared calendar so using only categorize to filter is not a viable option.

Having a feature like this would allow for an easier way to view your schedule at a glance in the to-do bar.

1,042 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

195 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Contact ONLY Individuals who have not replied to a meeting request

You should be able to (under tracking) easily email or reach out to those who have not responded to an outlook invite to a meeting request. The only way I see it can be done now, is to hand extract those individuals and resend a new meeting request.

1,018 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to customize daily work hours in Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to customize daily work hours in the calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Everyone have different working or office timings. It is odd to think that Microsoft Outlook 2016 forces you to use the same work hours as provided in the Microsoft Outlook 2016. Also Calendar should have workday option for scheduling meetings. There is no option currently to set recurring meetings on a specific workday.

873 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

208 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Recurring Calendar meeting changes should not change meetings that have already taken place

Do not change the history of meetings that have already occurred when make changes to a recurring meeting for future dates.

740 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make 'today' stand out more in the calendar

I don't like the way 'today' is highlighted in the calendar in Outlook Outlook 2016: a thin line at the top of the day, in the same color as the calendar. It's hard to see and blends in with appointments that are not categorized.

Add an option to overlay color on the today's column of today's events.

Or when clicking on the calendar, it would be nice if TODAY was at the top of month view, not the bottom. I want to see the next coming days of schedules, not the past without having to scroll every time.

725 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

164 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thank you for providing a clear signal that we should improve how we highlight “Today” on the calendar.

We are planning to make this update in Outlook for Office 365 subscribers. We will post a subsequent status update when this is available for you to use in Outlook.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please do keep making suggestions and voting on others’ suggestions to help us improve the product.

Thanks,
    Jenn

16. Sort and count attendees by response in Outlook 2016

I just discovered that the table in meeting response tracker doesn't behave like a regular Windows table:
    - columns cannot be re-sized through either dragging the dividers or double-clicking them for auto-adjustment;
    - columns cannot be sorted by clicking their headers (e.g., show invited persons alphabetically or group response status).

This issue is present in Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016. Please change it.

Also, can’t move/resize the column headers or sort by column. Also cannot see an accurate count of accept, tentative, decline as a delegate. If someone creates the meeting on behalf of an executive/manager, they can’t see the…

710 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide an option to automatically set an Out Of Office message in Microsoft Outlook 2016 if a meeting in Calendar is set to Out Of Office

Provide an option to automatically set an Out Of Office message in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as soon as a meeting in Calendar is set to Out Of Office.

678 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add meeting co-organizer in Outlook 2016

Add meeting co-organizer concept. This would enable someone to reschedule a meeting or change some details in situations when the organizer is out of office. This is not the same as giving someone permissions on the calendar as there might be different persons per each calendar item.

626 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

121 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Drag and Drop to Calendar

Since the dawn of outlook 2003 we had the ability to drag an email over to the calendar including attachments and create a new event. With outlook 2016 that feature has disappeared.

592 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

119 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add recurring calendar options, for only business days also Appointment Reoccurence must have the option to choose certain dates

When adding a recurring calendar item, you cannot choose business days. This would be extremely helpful, if you need reminders on the first business day each month, versus the first calendar date, which could fall on a weekend. When there are multiple reminders, Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc, this is frustrating, because you manually have to move those reminders that fall on a weekend. Please consider updating.

Also, Appointment Reoccurence must have the option to choose certain dates, not just based on daily/weekly/etc. basis

577 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 58 59
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base