OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add BCC as well as FYI field to meeting requests in Outlook 2016

I would like the option to send meetings requests with BCC so all information about all invitees is not shared with everyone that is invited

Also, Outlook calendar entries need BCC – without showing these!

2,286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

250 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thank you for providing a clear signal that we should prioritize this new feature.

We are planning to support this feature in Outlook for Office 365 subscribers. We will share an updated status when engineering work for this feature begins.

Thanks again and please feel free to continue up-voting and commenting on this suggestions.

2. Reply all with attachments included in Outlook 2016

In Microsoft Outlook 2016, when reply all to the email with attachments, the attachments are not available and we have to attach them manually. An option to reply all to the email with all the attachments included would be more productive in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as that option is not available as of now.

2,270 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

540 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unified Inbox for Outlook 2016

Outlook needs a unified Inbox similar to the Outlook for iOS app. For those of us with multiple email accounts it would be very convenient to have all emails arrive in one inbox; perhaps color-coded to show which account they were delivered to.

2,193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

572 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable an option to display declined meetings

Enable an option to display declined meetings in teh calendar (in settings). Often initially one is not available for a meeting, but then due to changes of schedule might be able to join, but since that meeting is not displayed in calendar, simply forgets about that. I found that option very helpful in Google mail that we used up to now in the company.

2,029 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

204 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pin or Stick important emails at the top of your Inbox

Option to be able to pin or stick important emails at the top of your inbox regardless of the date and time they were received when sorted by date. Also consider this scenario: Option to be able to pin someone automatically when we reply or send new mail.

We PIN all the “must” people in the CC so it will save our time in putting all the people in the CC every time we send mail. Plus, since there are a lot of “must” people to be filled out in CC, there may be some mistake to not include some…

1,920 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

324 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to request this feature. As part of our investigation on adding this capability, we ask that you please help us gather additional information on how you use Pin. This helps us to prioritize and design the feature to be exactly what you need to get more done!

Please use the below link to access a short survey about Pin:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRw5gloQAwU9FsNCWoIS-EbBUN0JGRk9IU0VHVFBWMVdFODdKRFBVVUVKRC4u

6. Change ownership of calendar event in Outlook 2016

Sometimes the owner of a meeting (or, more often, meeting series) is on vacation or changes jobs; it would be nice if they could assign ownership of an instance (for vacation) or the full series (for job changes) to someone else.

1,457 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

182 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please make it possible to synchronize Gmail contacts and calendar

Please make it possible to synchronize Gmail contacts and calendar without 3rd party apps.
    Also, It should let you synchronize the google calendar and the contacts, but store it in the Gmail account not locally.

1,430 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

230 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow to revert to the old Ribbon icon set in Outlook 2016

Allow to revert to the old Ribbon icon set in Outlook 2016 especially in Enterprise scenario.

1,378 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

605 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the new icons. We know any change to the user experience can be disruptive at first, especially major changes like updating all the icons. Even though these new icons have been through many rounds of feedback and refinement with real customers, we’re sorry you’re not finding the new icons helpful.

The new icons incorporate customer feedback we had received on the old icon design: bolder lines and higher color contrast helps make icons are more visible when using your computer near a window, a laptop in direct sunlight, or for folks with less than perfect vision. The new icons are also built using scalable graphics so they are never pixelated and can adapt to any device — whether it’s a monitor you’ve had for many years or a brand new 4K display. We’re also evolving the user interface designs on…

9. Enable colored mailbox folders or Color coded All Unread Inbox

Enable to set colors for the (sub-)folders in the mailbox, because the human brain links words with colors easier. So when I search e.g. the folder "Verbesserungsvorschläge", I don't need to search the written folder by eye. No, I can search by the color, that I defined for this folder. I mean, that the background around the letters of the foldername should have a color.

Also, It would be great if there were an “All Unread” email from all different email inboxes. Then each mailbox inbox could have a different color and in the All Unread the emails from that…

1,285 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

225 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow deletion or close option in new email notification pop up

Allow users to delete an email via the new email notification that pops up like in older Windows versions along with an option to mark it as Read. This feature changed in Windows 10 and the delete function is no longer available. The new e-mail Pop up also lacks close option. Please include it as well.

1,220 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

285 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple choices of colors and themes like black theme in Desktop Outlook 2016

Multiple choice of colors and themes like black theme in Desktop Outlook 2016

The new outlook is very complicated. Unfortunately I was forced to upgrade to outlook 2016 and Windows 10, otherwise I would have kept the old version of outlook. Microsoft need to consider people feedback and make material changes to outlook in order for users to be able to use it in the most efficient way. Right now, I am finding difficulties in using this outlook.
    Outlook should be more colorful like the old version so users can distinguish between mailbox, folders, junk, recycle…etc.
    Users should be able…

1,185 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

504 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide a feature to cancel a recurring meeting with future meetings only in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to cancel a recurring meeting with future meetings only in Microsoft Outlook 2016 and don't want to lose the history on the Calendar.

1,069 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

134 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to make Microsoft Outlook 2016 work with Outlook.com connected accounts

Enable Outlook 2016 (when using an outlook.com account) to:
    i) send from a 'Connected Account' set up via outlook.com
    ii) reflect the default 'From' address of an outlook.com account

Currently in Outlook 2016, we can set up Outlook.com Accounts as Microsoft Exchange accounts however we cannot use connected account to reply or use as 'From' address. We can manually enter it, but the message appears as from "[xxxxxx]@outlook.com on behalf of ]xxxxx]@[mydomain].com"

Enable Outlook 2016 with an Outlook.com account to support connecting with Aliases that are not Microsoft domain accounts.  
    i) some users were using EAS with a custom alias…

1,055 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

296 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow multiple months in to to-do bar like in outlook 2010

Allow multiple months in the to-do bar like in Outlook 2010. Restricting it to a single month defeats the purpose of having it there.

992 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

338 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to set Multiple Reminders for a calendar Item in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Option to allow calendar items to have multiple reminders in Outlook 2016. As an example, it would be great to be able to set one reminder for two days before and another for one hour before. Also setting multiple reminders and in increment of 5 minutes interval would be an added benefit. Also an option to allow reminders to be changed when right clicking appointments in Outlook calendar.

Also as for the agenda, provide an option to set a different ringtone / alarm clock from the default one.

968 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

280 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Schedule email in Inbox like on iPhone Outlook app!

Add the ability to schedule/archive emails like you can in the wonderful Outlook for iPhone app! Swiping two fingers to the right or left on the email to archive or schedule wonder be amazing! It should include this feature in Drafts as well.

You can swipe to the side and "Schedule" an email in the Inbox to go to a Scheduled folder until the time that you have it scheduled for when it shows up again in your Inbox at the time that you need to deal with it!

This is THE KILLER feature that would put Outlook far above…

946 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

136 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to make attachment icons scale able in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make the attachment icons in Microsoft Outlook 2016 scale-able for more compact look and easy checking for attachments. Also make it possible to display name of attachments in full view.

915 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

274 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bring back the "Show AutoPreview only for unread messages" feature

Outlook 2010 had the ability to show Auto Preview only for read messages. Lack of this feature in Outlook 2016 dramatically reduces the number of mails that I can view without scrolling. For example, my Inbox today in Outlook 2016 shows less than half as many messages as the same Inbox in Outlook 2010.

My work day usually involves 10-20 email conversations. Being able to see them all on the same page without scrolling is important to my efficiency at work. Please bring this feature back!

The "Unread Mail" link above the messages list is not an acceptable substitute (and…

907 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

167 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 888 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to add travel time to a meeting request in Outlook 2016

When creating and when receiving meeting requests it will be great if one could add travel time before and after the meeting.
    Also, used to being able to add a location to my calendar entry and get travel time to that location from that location. Twenty steps to add a block to make sure I have travel time is just messing up a nice calendar. Hook this into a GPS app like Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps to get a good reading on travel time. Seems like a no brainer.

867 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 204 205
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base